“A great traditional restaurant”
Review of Borbirosag

Borbirosag
Ranked #85 of 3,162 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Derbyshire
“A great traditional restaurant”
Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

I booked this based upon TA reviews and because it was close to our hotel. I booked online from UK for our first night in Budapest & I am so glad we did as they turned away a number of people whilst we were there. The restaurant has a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with attentive staff who spoke good English. There is a varied menu and were spoilt for choice. My husband chose the goulash soup and was impressed that they brought a little dish of spicy paste so you can make it for your palate. I chose the pork tenderloin for the main & it was served with Hungarian potatoes which were delicious. Hubby had the pork knuckle served with Hungarian cabbage & was a good sized portion. There is a vast wine list but we brought by the glass as we wanted different wines. The waiters brought the bottle & let us try just as if we were buying the bottle which was a nice touch. We had puddings & my carrot cake was Devine, though my husband thought the ginger shuffle needed more ginger. We had such a lovely evening that we have booked again for tomorrow night to try some different things from their menu.

1 Thank sanuk_9

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
“Don't miss strudel”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We enjoyed both meals and wines here. The strudel was delicious and unforgetable. Excellent selection of wines. We recommend Borbirosag to everybody who visits Budapest.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Miklós B
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“friendly and pleasant atmosphere”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I regularly visit this restaurant with my friends where the service is always excellent by attentive waiters. Regarding food, there are a lot of specialties from steak to dessert, following new trends, for affordable prices.
Moreover friendly and pleasant atmosphere, it's a pretty and enjoyable place for have a good time with your friends without any inconveniences.
I highly suggest you to take a chance and you will not be disappointed! :-)

1 Thank Linda D
“My favorite restaurant”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I can say that the best restaurant in Budapest. Excellently prepared menu. Great atmosphere, great food at a good price. I recommend to everyone who comes to Budapest.

1 Thank szabiwoodoo
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent food and location”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Exellent food, great prices. If you try any of the soups you can not go wrong. The staff really helpful and nice. The outdoor is very cozy. Don't miss the duck burger. ;)

1 Thank Molusa