“Must eat here”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Borbirosag

Borbirosag
Ranked #81 of 3,092 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Wine Bar, Central European, Hungarian, International, Eastern European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bramming, Denmark
“Must eat here”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

A great restaurant located just behind the Great Marked Hall at a quiet little square. The menu is not that big, but the dishes we had where very good. I had the duck and it was delicious. They have only Hungarian wine, but many different kinds to choose from. – And you can buy them all to take home.

1 Thank S_Hvass

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
Brooklyn, New York
“Lovely Meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stumbled upon this place and everything was delicious. Good options, including Hungarian specialties. Definitely recommended.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rebecca C
Sydney, Australia
“good wine, avarage dishes”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

we were there, we had fun,but we expected more from the point of,there was lot of people,the music was too laud and the atmosphere was not frendly and the waiter was not nice, the portion of dishes was too small and was not tasted. my frend wanted a cup of water, but she told me, is it notpossible if we order a buttle.

• Visited May 2013
“Very good food. Worthy if a 'Bib Gourmand'.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Great finding on Kalvin Ter. Very good food with a tremendous selection of wine including very fine examples from Sauska.

London, United Kingdom
“High-quality all-round”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to Borbirosag on Friday for a late lunch. We were greeted by a friendly and very helpful waiter who let us select a great table outside. It was extremely hot so he was on-hand (and on the ball) with plenty of water and did a great job of recommending a delicious St Andrea rose when I explained I had zero experience of Hungarian wine.

My boyfriend chose the duck breast with vegetables and I opted for the gazpacho with a caprese salad. I can't rave about the food enough; it was beautifully presented and the flavours were thoughtfully put together. The gazpacho was perfect in both consistency and temperature and the caprese was simple, refreshing and very tasty. They nailed the duck breast, which was cooked beautifully (crispy fat, not crunchy)

Only downside was that the restaurant was a bit quiet - but we've only ourselves to blame because it was 15:00 on a Friday afternoon! I don't think they could have done anything more to give us a better experience; I'd definitely go back.