“Lovely Meal”

Ranked #89 of 3,277 Restaurants in Budapest
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Stumbled upon this place and everything was delicious. Good options, including Hungarian specialties. Definitely recommended.

1  Thank Rebecca C
There are newer reviews for Borbirosag

Reviewed July 3, 2013

we were there, we had fun,but we expected more from the point of,there was lot of people,the music was too laud and the atmosphere was not frendly and the waiter was not nice, the portion of dishes was too small and was not tasted. my frend wanted a cup of water, but she told me, is it notpossible if we order a buttle.

Reviewed June 25, 2013 via mobile

Great finding on Kalvin Ter. Very good food with a tremendous selection of wine including very fine examples from Sauska.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I went to Borbirosag on Friday for a late lunch. We were greeted by a friendly and very helpful waiter who let us select a great table outside. It was extremely hot so he was on-hand (and on the ball) with plenty of water and did a great job of recommending a delicious St Andrea rose when I explained I had zero experience of Hungarian wine.

My boyfriend chose the duck breast with vegetables and I opted for the gazpacho with a caprese salad. I can't rave about the food enough; it was beautifully presented and the flavours were thoughtfully put together. The gazpacho was perfect in both consistency and temperature and the caprese was simple, refreshing and very tasty. They nailed the duck breast, which was cooked beautifully (crispy fat, not crunchy)

Only downside was that the restaurant was a bit quiet - but we've only ourselves to blame because it was 15:00 on a Friday afternoon! I don't think they could have done anything more to give us a better experience; I'd definitely go back.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

We made our reservation prior to leaving on the trip. We had to change the date once but the resto was very good about reaccomodating us promptly on the new date (via email). We walked from our boat next to the Chain Bridge - to Borbirosag...a 15-20 minute - very pleasant walk. This lovely eatery is on a side street and looks to be in a solid historical building. Great lighting, with cool stone/brick interior showcasing the extensive wine selection with a modern and sleek second floor. We were seated next to the window on the main floor. We were one of the first diners to arrive, but the place quickly filled and folks who walked in without reservations later in the evening... were sadly turned back. Make a note to reserve your table! My veal was good, my husbands pork dish was outstanding. Our recommended wine - A pinot noir Apatsagi 2011- was excellent and paired well with dinner. Highly recommend this gem among many other not so special options in the City of Budapest.