“Hungarian Wines in the Cellar”
Review of Faust Wine Cellar

Budapest Private Wine and Cheese Tasting Experience
Ranked #2 of 199 Nightlife in Budapest
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Be our guest in our authentic Faust Wine Cellar under the Dominican Cloister - the part of the UNESCO World Heritage! We are offering about 80 sorts of Hungarian wines and 30 sorts of "Pálinka". During the week we are organizing special wine and "Pálinka" tastings guided by our sommelier!
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Deep in a cellar below the Hilton in the Castle District, Faust was a fun place to sample the various wines from around Hungary. Gabor was an excellent host and he shared his knowledge of the various wines and regions. We were very pleased with the wines and the venue.

1  Thank Kelly K
There are newer reviews for Faust Wine Cellar

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We discovered this place quite by accident, as we were staying at the Hilton. You have to go through the lobby bar and down, down, down the stairs to find it, as it's in the cellars. We did not make a reservation, and they were able to accommodate us, but it's a very small place (only seating for about 20) so it would be wise to check for availability in advance. The sommelier and his wife who own it were very friendly and spent some time with us answering questions and explaining about the various wines and growing regions of Hungary. We enjoyed the experience, even though we felt the wines we sampled weren't quite ready for prime time...

1  Thank Chrispy56
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The wine tasting was awesome!
My friend booked this for us and I normally don´t drink wine, but thought I will just go because of her. But in the end, I was really happy that we went there. I already told 3 of my friends to go there and I will go again the next time I am in Budapest.
You can only pay with cash.

1  Thank Kathi H
Reviewed June 23, 2013

we visited at the end of March as I took my girlfriend for her birthday, it was the favourite part of our trip, the wine cellar is beautiful. The owners were the most friendly people we met in Budapest and it really made the night even more enoyable, all I can say is it is a must do!

1  Thank Dom F
Reviewed June 23, 2013

What a fantastic, intimate night with only around 10 other people doing the tasting it was a great way to escape the bustle and bustle and plunge deep, deep down to an authentic, original wine cellar from the 1200's! Our host/wine expert for the evening was absolutely brilliant. He knew that we were far from being experts and didn't use language that we couldn't understand. I can't remember his name, but he was just great and was even great in dealing with a difficult customer at the next table. We did the short tasting which was 6 wines and a choice at the end of what we wanted to taste again and they're served with scones (surprisingly it worked a treat)! I can't recommend this enough.
If you're getting a cab, from the Pest side, it cost us 1850ft to get there, but the Hilton called the cab on the way home and it cost 3200ft so if you can organise your cab driver to pick you up at 9 when it finishes you'll save a few dollars...

1  Thank Rene79sydney