“Terrific location and value for the lunch specials”

Bacardi Original Bar
Ranked #1,870 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: International
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We toured Budapest's St. Istvan's Church and were starving on a warm day. We found this delightful sidewalk cafe, now called OSTERIA No. 11, which turned out to be the biggest bargain of our trip if you can order the lunch special. For about $8 US, we had a delicious two course meal with a choice of pasta AND a course of fish! The thick pasta tubes were covered with fresh fish, clams, mussels, and calamari, and then, we got a lovely sea bass with eggplant in cheese. It seemed as if everyone nearby had ordered the same items, and looked as happy and satisfied as we.

It was also a great place to people watch, with large umbrellas for shade, facing the large square outside of the church.

It turned out to be one of our favorite Budapest meals.

1  Thank RAINBOW1
There are newer reviews for Bacardi Original Bar

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Excellent place, loved the food and everything about it.

Reviewed November 29, 2011

My first visit I was greeted with peanuts thrown in my face and a big guy jumping up as I tried to figure out who and why I was greeted this way...this big guy decided to push me after I objected to the peanuts...I was then tossed out as the big guy (found out later he was a friend of the owner) taunted me from inside and the doorment informed me I had no chance to come in because the guy was a regular.
Needless to say I never went back, this was a big surprise...the name is now different...

Reviewed December 21, 2010

A lot of very good food and a fantastic atmosphere.

Reviewed September 20, 2010

BOB is fantastically situated right next door to the Basillica, sitting outside in the summer really makes the meal special. The drinks list is fantastic if you're into cocktails and I tried a few new ones on the waiters recommendations. Menu was good and meal was nice (red thai curry) but this bar is for the drinks and the location.