“Loads of Fun and Good Food Too”

Chefparade Cooking School
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Budapest Market Hall Tour and Cooking Class
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chefparade Cooking School is contemporary cosmopolitan cooking studio where you can master the basics of Hungarian cooking in a fun and interactive atmosphere. Our hands-on courses give you the opportunity to cook and ask questions side-by-side with our Chefs. Learn about the basic ingredients and spices like paprika along with best cooking practices so that you’ll be able to regale your family and friends for a fantastic Hungarian dinner in your homecountry.The courses run in the late morning hours finishing with a lunch. Our classes are not only cooking classes, but you get the most information of Hungary and Budapest. People, traditions, moods, tastes, stories.
Reviewed April 20, 2013

My wife and I had a fabulous time at the cooking school. We started with a tour of the market which was lots of fun and had an incredible array of meats, particularly pork. The school itself was a blast. We made a sour cherry soup, Chicken Paprika, and a Hungarian desert with sponge cake and a cream filling. Our instructor was a lovely young lady who was a great teacher. She gave good advice, and let you actually do the cooking.

All reviews
in 11 reviews
"private class"
"leftovers home"
in 4 reviews
"highly recommend this class"
"great teacher"
"food market"
in 7 reviews
"great market"

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friend and I did the cooking class and market tour in march. It was a great experience. Our chef was Andras he was awesome first he met us at the market He was so nice and his English was fantastic. It was a great way to learn about food culture in hungary. We were able to try several different foods at the market. The whole market tour just added to how great the day was and. Would recommend adding the market tour to your cooking class. We then did the cooking class with another couple. Andras was amazing he was so helpful and never laughed at us for not being the best cooks. The food was soooooo good. At the end your are able to sit and have the meal you made with a glass of wine. It's an all round awesome experience and worth the money 100%.
It's a must do in budapest.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

Okay, so i had a great experience with my cooking instructor that day. My friend and i first went to the Central food market, learned a bit about the history/ ingredients of typical hungarian cooking, and had a big breakfast. It was definitely a bit exotic... As a seven year vegetarian, i was a bit creeped out by how the market displayed meat (and they really ate every part of the animal).
But when we got to the cooking school, Lilla had vegetarian dishes in mind for me so that wasn't a problem.
we made dessert soup, sour cherry soup
paprika with mushrooms and an amazing dessert at the end that was essentially cottage cheese balls (and they all taste better than they sound!)

The instructor knew English pretty fluently and i definitely liked her as a person, too! This was probably the highlight of my stay in Budapest! I'm definitely excited to go back home to the US and cook traditional Hungarian food for my family!

somloi, Public Relations Manager at Chefparade Cooking School, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for your comment. I know that for a vegetarian our market is a bit weird because really we eat everything and a Hungarian does not waste any tiny part of the meat/skin/organs. BUT it is not impossible to find a veggie dish!!
I hope your family will also love the Hungarian flavours and even if they weren't here in Budapest, they will get something from the Hungarian-feeling ;)
Once again thank you for your feedback and for your participation.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

What a great thing to do while in Budapest! If you like to cook, the sweet staff at chef parade can guide you through multiple recipe choices. We were a group of five, and had two separate menus going. Their English was perfect, the food was plentiful and delicious. The recipes took me back to my grandmother's hungarian cooking. A great day!

See more reviews
Reviewed February 15, 2013

I did the chocolate making class, but I didn't know about the other options when I booked. If I had it to do again, I'd do a Hungarian cooking class.

I spent a morning with Bea (who was fantastic) learning to make bonbons. She's a wondeful teacher with excellent English and a passion for cooking. The class is hands-on and both beginners and more advanced chefs will learn and have fun. Lunch was included as part of my class.

This is a really fantastic break from the normal pace of site-seeing - definitely a highlight of my vacation.

1  Thank Harmothoe