“CHEFPARADE BUDAPEST”

and up
Budapest Market Hall Tour and Cooking Class
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Chefparade Cooking School is contemporary cosmopolitan cooking studio where you can master the basics of Hungarian cooking in a fun and interactive atmosphere. Our hands-on courses give you the opportunity to cook and ask questions side-by-side with our Chefs. Learn about the basic ingredients and spices like paprika along with best cooking practices so that you’ll be able to regale your family and friends for a fantastic Hungarian dinner in your homecountry.The courses run in the late morning hours finishing with a lunch. Our classes are not only cooking classes, but you get the most information of Hungary and Budapest. People, traditions, moods, tastes, stories.
southport
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“CHEFPARADE BUDAPEST”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were a group of 8 friends ( 4 couples)travelling to Budapest for the first time.
We booked the market tour followed by the cookery school. Our chefs were Kinga and Andrech and they introduced us to Hungarian food and delicasies
Both our hosts were very friendly and fun and also offered us lots of advice and tips about visiting Budapest
We all enjoyed our morning there was plenty of time for each couple to prepare their meal and there were hot and cold drinks available throughout the session.

2 Thank gloves

Budapest
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Mastering the Art of French Cooking”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My wife attended the course mentioned in the title of my review, and she enjoyed every minute of it. (Previously I had been there once with my colleagues for a team building event - it was also excellent.) At the end of the course (8 occassions, by the way) there was a 'gala dinner' organized for the partners of the participants, so I could participate - and taste :) - as well.

Bernard Deleglise, the French chef who ran the course guaranteed the authentic recipes and cooking methods as well as tons of fun - he is a really kind and funny guy to work with.

So based on my wife's (and my own) experience I would recommend this cooking school to anyone who is interested in serious cooking or would just like to spend a pleasant afternoon with friends and colleagues.

Visited October 2012
somloi, Guest Relations Manager at Chefparade Cooking School, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Dear lucky husband whom wife is already an excellent French style cook :) ,

thank you for your review and recommendation on our French cooking classes for the local people.
Bernard, the French instructor, is really a valued and cheerful person. I thank the praise also on behalf of him.
From January we'll have many new classes, such as Steak course, wok lessons, Mexican dishes, Salmon-lover, Cook with ginger, American Sport Bar class and so on...
In the new year we try to schedule more and more English-speaking lessons with our adorable Scottish chef, Paul, so let's surf on our website!

I hope we see you soon again,
Chefparade Team
Lilla
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Food and history all in one class”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My friend and I took the class and absolutely loved it. It was one of the highlights of our trip. Not only did we learn to prepare Hungarian food, we learned a great deal about the history of the country. Our instructor was very knowledgable and helpful. It was a wonderful experience. We had such a good time that we decided to sign up for the chocolate making class.

Irvington, New York, United States
“One of the highlights of our vacation.”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The cooking class was one of the highlights of our vacation. Do it early in your visit to Hingary. It's a perfect way to begin to understand the culture of the country through its cuisine and a way to connect with some delightful local people. The school was clean, bright, and easy to find, and the instruction was informal, but well organized. We made a delicious lunch of cold sour cherry soup, mushroom paprikas with spaetzle, and a marvelouse pastry dessert that we were able to enjoy for several days afterwards. Most importantly, we were introduced to the warmth and charm of Hungary.

Visited September 2012
somloi, Guest Relations Manager at Chefparade Cooking School, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Dear Ray,
thank you for taking part in our Hungarian cooking lesson. We are really happy to read your kind words expressing your satisfaction.
Good luck for recipes we sent, I hope the dishes you learnt will be soon served on your dining table :)
If you have any question about them in the future, pls do not hesitate to contact us!
Regards, Chefparade Team ...(and Lilla)
Bellevue, Washington, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“A great way to take a break from Site Seeing!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

The class really exceeded all of my expectations. The instruction was great, and the lunch we made was outstanding. I can't wait to give them a try. This weekend will be the Goulash Soup.

Visited September 2012
Dear Nancy,
thank you for your comment and also for your booking at Chefparade cooking school.
How was the Goulash soup at home? Was it successful? I hope so, well I am sure :)
In the future if you have any question/hesitation of the dishes, just let us know!
All the best,