“Average”

Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Booked a table here after reading good reviews on Tripadvisor, but have to say we were slightly disappointed with this restaurant. The restaurant itself was very nice, good decor and a lovely atmosphere. However, we found the waiting staff to be slow to take orders and bring out drinks/food and were quite unpleasant with it. The food itself was just ok. Starters were good but unfortunately the main courses let the side down. The portion size wasn't great, and was definitely not as described on the menu. I have to say the quality of the food was fine and it was cooked well enough, just not as good as we had anticipated. I wouldn't rush back here.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,036)

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Charming and cozy restaurant located in quiet street close to Astoria station. Tasty food, good presentation and great atmosphere. I really recomend it... you will enjoy!!

2 starters, 2 main dishes, 1 bottle of water = just for 17 pounds!!

1  Thank Monikucha
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

The starters and dessert were both of hearty size and flavoursome without being overly rich. The size was almost a bad point since I felt full after consuming my first dish, but lucky I recovered in time. There was no way I was going to waste any of my main. I had the beef loin (rare) wrapped in ham and blue cheese on creamy mash potatoes. It was outstanding; one of the best meals of my life. The service was slightly slow for what many may demand but I always like it that way, it allows the food to settle, and all the staff were friendly. For three courses and two drinks each we only had to pay £40. Incredible value considering you'll have to fork out near enough that for a ******* Nandos back home.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went there for a business lunch. Plus points: starter, main, dessert, coke and coffee for a tenner sterling, clean restaurant, waiters speaking english with excellent manners and polite. Bad points: the food was not good at all ( i couldnt eat some of it as it was so bad). Real shame, if they can improve the food a lot they could be a top restaurant but until then i would rather pay more and eat better elsewhere.

1  Thank ColMoschin96
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I have read a lot of good reviews on the business lunch at this restaurant. I went there on January 17 for lunch. The business lunch consited of a not warm enough bowl of soup (it was a snowy day), chicken which was filled with something not defined with cubes of boiled potatoes. The dessert was very tiny and consited few pieces of cocktail compot with a table spoon of coconut cream. very disappointing. After receiving a certificate of excellance from Tripadvisor, it seems they are too sure of themselves and allow themself to mistreat their clients. This is not a chef restaurant as is was described in the previous reviews.

1  Thank shlomit6