“LOVED THE TOUR”

Ranked #1 of 292 Tours in Budapest
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Insightful and entertaining city walks about history, society, architecture and what Hungarians are actually like. 7 days a week, 9 tours a day. Tours range from General, to Communism, to Jewish themed walking tours with critical and honest local guides. Tours have no fixed prices, based on name-your-own-price system only. Free Spirits. Free Guides. Free Stylers.
Winnipeg, Canada
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 126 helpful votes
“LOVED THE TOUR”
Reviewed November 1, 2010

My wife and I did the Jewish tour. The meeting place is very easy to find, the walking pace was very good and the information given was incredible. A real experience that should not be missed.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Best bit of our trip to Budapest”
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Taking a 2 and 1/2 hour walk around a city might sound dreadful but taking a walk around Budapest with Agnes and Esther was one of the most enjoyable things we did in Budapest. Agnes was full of energy and enthusiasm for her city and told us more about the cities than a guide book ever could. After finishing the tour in the Castle district we were guided to a Canteen for delicious, cheap, proper Hungarian food.

This fun fantastic and energy filled walk is one of the first things i would recommend anyone to do in Budapest

Bracknell, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Do this tour before you do anything else in Budapest”
Reviewed October 25, 2010

I can only echo what the previous reviewers on here have said. Suzie and Agnes were the 2 women that took our morning tour - I found them highly knowledgeable, entertaining and the 2 1/2 tour of the city that they took us on passed in a flash.

I thoroughly engoyed every minute of this tour - a must do if you're visiting Budapest!

Quito, Ecuador
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great tour, awesome guide”
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Suzy was my guide, a fun young Hungarian girl, she was so energetic and friendly, it was a wonderful tour, with very good snippets of history, architecture and local tips. Totally recommended!

1 Thank adri_o85
Perth
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Highly recommended.”
Reviewed October 20, 2010

One of my highlights from my holiday. The tour was entertaining, informative and we saw some beautiful architecture. Anna is a wonderful guide. I wish I did the communism walk too...

1 Thank juznie