Free Budapest Walking Tours
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

4,877 results
All reviews general tour communist tour great tour communism walk general walk free tour useful tips jewish district your bearings morning tour vorosmarty square first morning great introduction informative tour interesting facts main sights three hours
Reviewed today via mobile

We took the general tour of Budapest with Generation Tours. Our guide Andrias was fantastic, very knowledgable, engaging and funny.
Very well directed tour and provided a great insight into such a beautiful city and its people. I would thoroughly recommend.

Reviewed today via mobile

At 15th November, me and my boyfriend joined the free walking tour of Budapeste. It was interesting. I learned many things about the culture and the history of Hungary! Our guide Monica was great! Thanks for this good experience

Reviewed yesterday

This was the first thing we did in Budapest. We did the 10:30 tour with Monica. She was great at entertaining the group and presented us with a lot of great information. Tour went across the river and up Castle Hill which was a great spot to then spend the afternoon after the tour. I've done free walking tours all over Europe and this was one of the better ones. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

So good I went on two and I’m planning on attending a third tomorrow!!

The first walk I did was the 10.30am general tour with Rita, she was funny, engaging, insightful and generally a joy to be around.
Her knowledge of the architecture and politics made it well worth the 3000 huf I tipped (if not more).
Rita made it feel like a private tour and really immersed us in Budapest.
She gave us some food and drink recommendations we checked out that were incredible also, we particularly loved the live music at Ellátó Kert.

This evening I did the Communism walking tour with David (I think, apologies) all I can say is wow! It was honestly like listening to a history lecturer.
I would say one thing however if you aren’t interested in the story and simply landmarks this won’t be the tour for you.
We were simply blown away, the 2.5 hours felt like minutes.
A real deep dive into the history of Budapest & alike Rita he couldn’t have been more helpful and answered every question we had along the way, again well worth the tip we left.

Guys if you do this tour please tip your guide I chatted to the guides who said sometimes people left nothing which is a disgrace.
The tours are honestly like a live university lecture, the time and effort these guys must put in (wait till you see their image folders) is unreal.

Really thoroughly appreciated Rita & David and I’ll definately be recommending to any friends travelling to Budapest.

Reviewed 2 days ago

Take this tour on your first day in Budapest to get your bearings right and know the stories behind each landmark. We had Petra. She was very funny, entertaining and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Please don't forget to tip her!

Reviewed 3 days ago

Went on two walking tours with David and another guide (Jewish Quarter and general Budapest tour). Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

I loved all my tours! I took 5 of them and I kept returning for more. I took the General tour, Evening tour, Jewish District tour, Communist tour and Ruin Bars. All of them are great!

Reviewed 3 days ago via mobile

We had two tours with Petra. She is smart funny charismatic and very nice and welcoming. She knows the history very good and gives many recomndations for things to do & see & eat. Dont forget to tip her generously because its a free tour. Have fun

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

I took two tours with this company.
One with a girl called Rita or something similar and the communist tour with Andreas.

The general one with Rita I thought it was not worth it. Hardly any informatiom and lots of breaks.It is like she didn't like doing it even though she tried to be nice.

On the contrary I love the communist tour with Andreas. He was friendly, witty and educational. Really recommendable!!!

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We took the walking tour with Regi today. Can't praise her enough she made the tour interesting throughout and was very knowledgeable. She also offered to answer any questions/ give recommendations to anyone on the tour which was really helpful. Definitely recommend to anyone particularly if like us it's your first visit to Budapest.