“Pleasant Stay in Budapest”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
“Pleasant Stay in Budapest”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This hotel is centrally located near the Opera House in Budapest.

Hotel was well appointed with comfortable beds and modern bathroom etc.

We enjoyed our stay which was a just prior to a wedding at another location in Budapest.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear „Ian P”,
Let me thank you very much for your comprehensive review about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments left on Tripadvisor. I was happy to read that you found our hotel well appointed and comfortable. I was delighted to learn that you were pleased with our facilities and had a memorable stay. Let me take this opportunity to wish you and the freshly married couple all the best. I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Worcestershire, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a lovely modern hotel in a great location. The hotel is immaculately clean, the rooms are tastefully decorated and functional (cleaned daily), reception staff are friendly and cant do enough to help.
The organisation of the hotel is first class, breakfast is delightful, there is something for everyone to enjoy including cereals, fruits, yoghurts, cheese, ham, bacon eggs, breads, pastries to name but a few (as much as you want).
If you return to the hotel at lunch time, you will find apples served by the lift and later on Sangria and biscuits await you offering refreshment (these little touches make an impression!). There are umbrella's in reception, in case it rains and the maid also leaves a 'quote of the day' on your bed. You cant help but feel an attachment to the hotel, it leaves you smiling!
I also could not fault the location, the hotel is on a pretty side street (lined with cafe's) just off the main stretch (Andrassy Avenue) which leads you to all the main attractions and despite this great location, it is quiet at night time.
The hotel can make restaurant reservations on your behalf, organise trips and arrange transportation, it was a memorable experience staying here and I wouldn't hesitate to come back or recommend to friends!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Lisa W
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear “Lisa W”,
I do appreciate that you took the time to share your thoughts about your recent experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. Please allow me to thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. I was proud to learn that they could be at your disposal during your stay. Further, I would like to thank you for highlighting the decoration and the cleanliness of your room. It was great to read that the little touches we provide free of charge such as the apple in the afternoon, the Sangria in the evening or the biscuits could make your stay even more comfortable and unforgettable. Our aim is to provide an unforgettable service and leave Budapest with great experiences. I cannot be grateful enough for your excellent review. Please do not hesitate to turn to me directly should you come back to Budapest. I will be delighted to assist you.
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Staff were exceptional breakfast staff so nice .. reception awesome ..... Spa was closed disappointing no bar area . Apartment very clean well equipped bathroom very small.. Mini bar cheap . Pretty good but expensive for a 3 night stay.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Susiesukes
Dear “Susiesukes”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for sharing your comment on TripAdvisor. I was more than happy to see that you described our staff to be both exceptional and awesome. It made me proud to read that they could be at your service during your stay. Regarding your comment about the spa let me inform you kindly that the opening hours are told to every guest upon arrival and also hanged on the entrance of the spa. I was sorry to see that you missed the bar area. Let me highlight that we are a small boutique hotel in the downtown of Budapest with lots of bars and restaurants close by however a self service mini-bar is available to all our guests on our rooftop terrace, cold drinks and coffee can be ordered at the reception not to mention the mini-bar in all our guestrooms. Please feel free to contact me directly should your plans bring you back to Budapest. I will provide you a nice room with a larger bathroom to make your stay more comfortable.
Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Located near the Opera House, the Opera Garden Hotel and Apartments was a terrific choice for our recent stay in Budapest. The rooms are very nicely appointed and clean. The hotel staff was friendly and attentive to making our stay as comfortable as possible...dinner reservations, transportation services to/from the airport, arrange for tickets to tourist sites. Breakfast was good and offered a plentiful variety. Each afternoon, homemade sangria and snacks were provided...delicious! We highly recommend the Opera Garden Hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear „Rita H”,
Let me thank you very much for your great review about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and services. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us, and enjoyed the style and the cleanliness of your room and the hearty breakfast selection as well. I was also glad to read that you really liked the Sangria and the snacks provided free of charge during the afternoons, we are happy when our little touches are noted and enjoyed in the first place. Your recommendation is much appreciated. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed in Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in late May 2014 and I would thoroughly recommend it. Situated in central Pest near the Opera House (naturally) and only a 10 minute walk to the imposing Hungarian parliament building, it holds a top place to explore Hungary's capital city with Opera (yellow M1 line) and Arary Janos Utca (blue M3 line, which you may ride in from the airport) being the closest Metro stations to the hotel.

The hotel itself is quite compact, but feels very spacious once you are inside. The rooms are decorated tastefully and simply. Our room came with a couple of hobs for home cooking simple dishes if you so wished, but with restaurants cheap and plentiful in Pest, we didn't bother. The cleaning team did a sterling job of keeping the place tidy and the staff at the reception were very helpful in telling us how to get around the city. Note that they can also book you tickets for the key sites so it is worth enquiring with them about anywhere you want to go.

The breakfasts were plentiful and of a very high standard. Aside from the usual cooked food, you could have yogurts, pastries, ham, cheese, a variety of breads and jams, fruit and juices. You could also order omlettes and fresh fruit juices from the waiting staff too. All essential sustenance for getting around Budapest!

Overall, I'll recommend Opera Garden in a heartbeat. The hotel is lovely, the staff are excellent and the location could not be better. A first class place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 4 don't have elevator access so it's worth bearing this in mind when booking.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank unification1
Dear „James H”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for the superb review you have left for fellow Tripadvisor users. I am sure that your detailed comment will help others to make an easy decision when considering staying at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. Please allow me to thank you for your recognition of our staff, highlighting the work of the Waiters, Housekeeping and the Front Desk staff made me personally proud. I was thrilled to read your kind words about our central location. I would also like to thank you for mentioning the rich breakfast selection we offer in the mornings. I would like to add one thing though, now that summer has come we provide the possibility to have the breakfast under the bright blue sky, tables are set for breakfast in our little courtyard as well. Let me thank you again for your appraisal, I cannot be grateful enough for your commending words. Should you like to visit Budapest again, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Service, Rooms, breakfast, Location and even the attitude of the staff and cleaners were absolutely perfect - together with the attractive price its a place to go back to again and again - look no further - not my last time there for sure.

Room Tip: Dont go for the rooms on the ground floor - we stayed on the first floor but couldn't help but n...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear”barakosson”,
Thank you for your praising review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It is my greatest pleasure to see that you truly enjoyed your recent stay. I was proud to learn that you enjoyed every little detail of your stay and we were able to provide a hotel experience that met your expectations and it would bring you back to us. I appreciate that you mentioned the services of our staff. We are enthusiastic to welcome you back for the next time, before making your next reservation please make sure to contact me first.
toronto
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great hotel .Very clean, breakfast was excellent .Staff very friendly and helpful
Would stay there again.TV set had lots of stations for a change
My wife enjoyed the Sangria. Decor of hotel very artisticly done

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank littlescotch
Dear „littlescotch”,
Let me tell you that I was fascinated reading your great review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I would like to thank you for highlighting the decor and style of the building along with the cleanliness of our hotel and our rich breakfast selection. I am very pleased that you mentioned the level of service and the friendliness of our staff. I would especially like to thank you for your comment regarding the wide selection of TV channels. Your kind comment is much appreciated, we would be happy if we could welcome you back to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the future.