“Wonderful Location and Hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Wallingford, Connecticut
“Wonderful Location and Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014

Located near the Opera House, the Opera Garden Hotel and Apartments was a terrific choice for our recent stay in Budapest. The rooms are very nicely appointed and clean. The hotel staff was friendly and attentive to making our stay as comfortable as possible...dinner reservations, transportation services to/from the airport, arrange for tickets to tourist sites. Breakfast was good and offered a plentiful variety. Each afternoon, homemade sangria and snacks were provided...delicious! We highly recommend the Opera Garden Hotel!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear „Rita H”,
Let me thank you very much for your great review about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was a pleasure to learn from your comments that you highly valued our hotel and services. I am delighted to hear that you had a great stay with us, and enjoyed the style and the cleanliness of your room and the hearty breakfast selection as well. I was also glad to read that you really liked the Sangria and the snacks provided free of charge during the afternoons, we are happy when our little touches are noted and enjoyed in the first place. Your recommendation is much appreciated. I do hope that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

I stayed in Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in late May 2014 and I would thoroughly recommend it. Situated in central Pest near the Opera House (naturally) and only a 10 minute walk to the imposing Hungarian parliament building, it holds a top place to explore Hungary's capital city with Opera (yellow M1 line) and Arary Janos Utca (blue M3 line, which you may ride in from the airport) being the closest Metro stations to the hotel.

The hotel itself is quite compact, but feels very spacious once you are inside. The rooms are decorated tastefully and simply. Our room came with a couple of hobs for home cooking simple dishes if you so wished, but with restaurants cheap and plentiful in Pest, we didn't bother. The cleaning team did a sterling job of keeping the place tidy and the staff at the reception were very helpful in telling us how to get around the city. Note that they can also book you tickets for the key sites so it is worth enquiring with them about anywhere you want to go.

The breakfasts were plentiful and of a very high standard. Aside from the usual cooked food, you could have yogurts, pastries, ham, cheese, a variety of breads and jams, fruit and juices. You could also order omlettes and fresh fruit juices from the waiting staff too. All essential sustenance for getting around Budapest!

Overall, I'll recommend Opera Garden in a heartbeat. The hotel is lovely, the staff are excellent and the location could not be better. A first class place to stay.

Room Tip: Rooms on floor 4 don't have elevator access so it's worth bearing this in mind when booking.
1 Thank unification1
Dear „James H”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for the superb review you have left for fellow Tripadvisor users. I am sure that your detailed comment will help others to make an easy decision when considering staying at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. Please allow me to thank you for your recognition of our staff, highlighting the work of the Waiters, Housekeeping and the Front Desk staff made me personally proud. I was thrilled to read your kind words about our central location. I would also like to thank you for mentioning the rich breakfast selection we offer in the mornings. I would like to add one thing though, now that summer has come we provide the possibility to have the breakfast under the bright blue sky, tables are set for breakfast in our little courtyard as well. Let me thank you again for your appraisal, I cannot be grateful enough for your commending words. Should you like to visit Budapest again, do not hesitate to contact me directly.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Service, Rooms, breakfast, Location and even the attitude of the staff and cleaners were absolutely perfect - together with the attractive price its a place to go back to again and again - look no further - not my last time there for sure.

Room Tip: Dont go for the rooms on the ground floor - we stayed on the first floor but couldn't help but n...
Dear”barakosson”,
Thank you for your praising review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It is my greatest pleasure to see that you truly enjoyed your recent stay. I was proud to learn that you enjoyed every little detail of your stay and we were able to provide a hotel experience that met your expectations and it would bring you back to us. I appreciate that you mentioned the services of our staff. We are enthusiastic to welcome you back for the next time, before making your next reservation please make sure to contact me first.
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2014

Great hotel .Very clean, breakfast was excellent .Staff very friendly and helpful
Would stay there again.TV set had lots of stations for a change
My wife enjoyed the Sangria. Decor of hotel very artisticly done

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank littlescotch
Dear „littlescotch”,
Let me tell you that I was fascinated reading your great review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I would like to thank you for highlighting the decor and style of the building along with the cleanliness of our hotel and our rich breakfast selection. I am very pleased that you mentioned the level of service and the friendliness of our staff. I would especially like to thank you for your comment regarding the wide selection of TV channels. Your kind comment is much appreciated, we would be happy if we could welcome you back to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the future.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

Immaculately clean, with modern, no-fuss décor. Lovely rooms with all amenities, including microwave, kettle, minibar, complimentary snacks, hairdryer, l'Occitane toiletries etc. Good buffet breakfast with a huge choice, including champagne. Roof terrace. Sauna and Jacuzzi.

1 Thank Helen C
Dear „Helen C”,
I would like to thank you very much for you kind review about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my pleasure to read that you enjoyed the style and the overall cleanliness of our hotel. I was glad to see that you were happy with the amenities we provide in our rooms and with the small details and the little touches available for all of our guests. It was also great to note that you could make a good use of our roof-top terrace and enjoyed the little fitness area with the sauna and Jacuzzi. We would be honoured to welcome you back to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the near future.
Nottingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in an apartment that sleeps 4. The value was amazing £343 for two nights. The room was modern, clean, excellent bathroom, very comfy bed, fantastic shower, amenities were excellent in the room. It is in a great location. The thing that was above and beyond were the small details! This hotel really know how to make you feel valued, they go the extra mile (Sangera m, cookies, quote of the day, fruit, water). Staff are brilliant, cannot do enough for you. Fantastic place!! Good breakfast, modern and trendy! Loved it a definite recommendation!! Hope this is a useful review? Please let me know if you found it helpful?

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank SakeSake
Dear „SakeSake”,
First and foremost let me thank you for the fabulous review you left on Tripadvisor about Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my greatest pleasure to learn that you enjoyed every detail of your stay and we were able to provide an experience that exceeded your expectations and even more. It made me really proud to read that you felt valued and also noted the hard and efficient work of our staff. Our aim is to seek maximum guest satisfaction and getting such review makes us very happy. When planning your next visit to Budapest do not hesitate to contact me directly, we would be honoured to welcome you back again.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in a walking distance from Szent Istvan Church, Danube River, Szechenyi Bridge and many upscale stores of known brands. As it is in a pedestrian area, the second floor rooms are very silent. There is a solarium on the forth floor but the elevator doesn't reach this level and its rooms. We had a few problems like the shampoo dispenser that did not work properly and the exhaustion system of the bathroom that was very noisy and didn't turn off all night long and started to work by itself in the middle of the night. There was also an electric socket near the working table that did not work and they seemed not to be able to fix it even after I warned them about the problems after the first night. Breakfast is very complete and we could order many items in the menu besides what was already in display. As the space is small, they could also serve in the outside tables. The overall impression was good and probably I would recommend to a friend as all issues are easily solved.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear „Mixtraveling”,
I would like to thank you very much for your kind review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read that you were satisfied with the central location of the Hotel, and the calm neighbourhood granted you peaceful stay. As 100% guest satisfaction is our main goal we are very keen on fixing every issues reported by the guests. We have investigated the bathroom ventilation and we honestly do not know what the problem was. We found that there is no way for the ventilation to start by itself. Such issue was not reported ever since. We changed the dispenser immediately after we read this comment and we checked in every room every day since then not to happen again. Let me highlight that we really would like to sort things out. It was my pleasure to read that you also liked the rich buffet breakfast selection along with the items from the menu, and enjoyed sitting outside whilst having breakfast. I would like to thank you again for the honest review, your comment is appreciated. We hope we will have the chance to welcome you again in the not too distant future.