“Great place to stay, felt right in eveyway.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Northampton, United Kingdom
“Great place to stay, felt right in eveyway.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2014

Never been to Budapest, infact not been abroad with just wife and me, so we used tripadvisor to get the best of value and what we feel comfortable staying. I choose this place over the Hilton, even though there wasnt much in the price per person for our short 3 nights. We arrived just before 2pm but our room was ready and the added bonus was we had been upgraded from superior to executive. We were on the 3rd floor and had a little but open window, but it gave enough light to the room. The concierge were very good not only in there english but helping with any needs. One of the ways to say how helpful they were was when we asked if they could call our shuttlebus (also recommended if there is only 1 or 2 of you as it saves money to and from the airport instead of paying for a taxi on your own) a day before we left. The shuttlebus phone was busy so we went out for the day and when we returned and asked they had rang and booked it all for us.

One of the reasons we didnt choose the Hilton is because I thought I would feel out of place, here I didnt and happily would walk down to breakfast or for a smoke (area is provided within the courtyard) in my lounge pants (almost pyjama looking) and at no time did I feel I was being looked at or such. Room was cleaned everyday and even the cups and plates where washed up even though we rinsed them. There was shower gel and some shampoo also in the bathroom.

On our last day we had a late flight so left the bags safely with them and even when we returned about 30 mins before our shuttle pickup we were able to use the toilet and sit in the warm reception.

I know its March and weather is starting to warm up, but rooms seemed very warm and didnt seem to cool down very quickly, This may have been because we was on the 3rd floor so had all the heat rising or we didnt fully get a hang of the air conditioning.

The only thing we should have done more is asked about the breakfast because I think we didnt want to be a pest and im sure if we had asked for an english breakfast they would have tried to do something to accomadate us. (Maybe a sign in the breakfast room saying if you dont see what you like ask would have put us at ease to ask).

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear „AlphaDot”,
I truly appreciate your feedback of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to find out that we could make your stay a memorable one and that you felt at home during you visit. It was great to learn that you were pleased with the service provided by our staff and that they could be at your disposal with good recommendations. Regarding your comment about the breakfast let me highlight that our waiters are delighted to serve you should you have any request.
Let me kindly inform you that during the winter our system is set to heating but will be switched to cooling at the end of March. I am really happy that you had a great stay with us and I truly hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Whitby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014

I booked the Opera Gardens Hotel after checking the reviews and could not have been more pleased. The efficiency and helpfulness of the staff when booking and asking for advice before our trip was fantastic and the level of service from every member of staff whilst we were in Budapest was exceptional. The hotel and rooms are beautiful; very modern and spotlessly clean, The breakfasts were wonderful and the staff were only too happy to accommodate any requests for freshly cooked items etc. We used the jacuzzi and sauna and really enjoyed them and we had a wonderful couple of hours sitting on the roof terrace one afternoon in the beautiful sunshine - what a bonus! I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. It is in a very convenient location and the staff make booking tours, restaurants and events so easy. We shall certainly return and cannot thank them all enough. Well done!

Room Tip: Our party had 3 rooms whilst we were there and all of them were excellent.
1 Thank LynnWhitby
Dear „LynnWhitby”,
Let me thank you very much for your superb review posted on Tripadvisor. I cannot be grateful enough for all your kind words. I was proud to read that you were so satisfied with the work of our staff from the first contact and that you described them exceptional. It was good to read that you found all of your rooms spotlessly clean. Furthermore I was delighted to see that you were pleased with our waiters and the rich breakfast selection we offer. I was also happy that you had time to try and enjoy the rooftop terrace and the Jacuzzi as well. I hope every member of your group had a memorable stay here. I really look forward to welcoming you again upon your next visit to Budapest.
Lyon, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

We spent another wonderful night at the Opera Garden Hotel whose reputation rermains at its highest level. We were once again totally satisfied with our last stay at the beginning of March ( March 3rd to the 4th).
The hotel is perfectly comfortable and very clean, the young staff very professional and efficient and the rooms are all characterized by a very high standard of quality.Moreover, the hotel is wonderfully situated very close to Andrassy Ut and to Budapest's marvellous Opera House and also to the mythical line 1 of Budapest's metro system which is gradually being modernized.
We will definitely come back when we spend another few days in Hungary's capital. Staying at the Opera Garden Hotel means being absolutely certain to spend a very pleasant and quiet time in a place offering all you can expect: service, quality of breakfast, quietness, freindliness and a cosy atmosphere.
Michel and Marie Moulin Lyon France

2 Thank moulinmichel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

The hotel is quite small but the service is very good.
I booked the room with kitchen because you have more space, bathroom not so big but enough efficient! The bed is a little bit hard. Breakfast sweet and salty. Wonderful position behind the Opera, a few step from Metro station. Definitively not noisy during the night.

Room Tip: Rooms with kitchen are wider... (e.g. room 403)
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We had dental work done and apartment ideal for self catering. Breakfast good and staff are brilliant and very accommodating. It is very central with the metro at the end of the road. Overall, excellent

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear „Pauline P”,
I would like to thank you very much for your comment posted on Tripadvisor about your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that you found the room convenient and well equipped for self catering. I was also happy that you liked our breakfast. It made me proud to learn that you consider our reception staff to be both brilliant and accommodating. Should you decide to visit Budapest again, I would be more than happy to accommodate you again.
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014

We stayed here in early February. The room was spacious and lovely. The hotel staff were very helpful. It was centrally located and it was walking distance to most of the sites. The breakfast wasn't great and the cleaning staff were a little too eager to clean our room early in the morning the first day we stayed there. The minibar was very reasonably priced and it was a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear „Lorna_1710”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you very much for your kind review about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read that you liked your spacious room as well as our strategic location and enjoyed the hospitality of our staff.
I was really sorry to read that you were not satisfied with our breakfast. Let me call your kind attention that according to the continuous innovation we keep on expanding the range of expected complimentary breakfast items to make our guest’s morning great. Regarding to the cleaning staff I can assure you that I will look into the issue you wrote and we will make the necessary adjustments to avoid similar situations in the future. I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay with us and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the not too distant future.
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Really enjoyed the Opera Gardens.The people couldn't have been more good natured and helpful.
Great points: the hot tub, just ask for a dressing gown & slippers. As the hotel has typically Budapest style construction, open interior courtyard with walkways from the lift to the bedroom areas, you will need them.
Fantasically clean a real credit to the housekeeping staff.
Good sound proofed windows that really open- if like me you find most hotel rooms unbearably stuff and warm, it really makes a difference.
Good lively area, with plenty going on without being full on - which make the sound proofing important, but this is a city hotel not a rural retreat. The fact that its in a pedestrian only area is a real bonus . Loved it .

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank harpo1000
Dear „harpo1000”,
I would like to thank you for choosing Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments for your stay in Budapest. I was delighted to see that you had a great hotel experience with us. I am really proud to read that you were satisfied with the service of our staff. Thorough cleaning is a must for Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and I thank you for pointing out the cleanliness of your room. I would like to thank you for mentioning the soundproof windows to other travelers. Your superb review is highly appreciated. Should you plan a next visit back to Budapest, please feel free to contact me directly.