“Great stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
New York
“Great stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I stayed in the hotel for 3 weeks and the experience over all was excellent. Noise was in no way a problem. On only one of the nights was there any noise at all and that was minimal. It was clean, the bed comfortable and the service was excellent. The staff at the front desk all spoke perfect English. Their recommendations for restaurants and directions to tourist destinations were very satisfactory. The breakfast staff were very friendly and accommodating and the breakfast itself was very good. My only complaints were that room was small and there really wasn't a chair to lounge in, however I would definitely return there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear „CRloverNY”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for leaving an excellent comment on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was happy to read that you found our hotel quiet and that noise was in no way a problem. I was so proud to see your praising words regarding our Front Desk staff. I was glad that they could be at your service with helpful recommendations during your stay. Please let me highlight that our executive rooms are larger than the superior ones and most of them have armchair as well. It was also good to read that you were satisfied with our breakfast selection and with the staff. Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan a next visit to Budapest and I will provide you one of our largest room.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Leeds, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights, not sure what the hotel part of the hotel was as what we saw and stayed in were apartments. The location, staff, breakfast, cleanliness, modern quality look to the apartments were all fantastic and I would of rated my overall stay as 100% excellent if it was not for the layout of the apartments and the noise I experienced on all 3 nights.
The apartments are on 4 levels basically going around in a circle with a lift in the middle, tiled floors, noisy doors we could hear everyone coming and going at night..between the hours of 10pm and 1am we heard 21 times of doors, feet, conversations it was very annoying as we needed sleep...our city breaks are full on we want to see everything so late nights do not happen so rest is a must. I rang reception on the first evening to complain they were really good and explained we would be moved the next night to the quietest room they offered. I felt relieved as I couldn't cope with another night of that.
We were moved from room 305 to 407 it was on the top floor next to the roof terrace. There was only 1 room in our passage way so thought this would be great however we could still hear noise from the main stairway,doors and feet again. It was raining heavy on 2nd night so could hear all the rain on the roof terrace, 3 separate fans were on and off all night and the mini bar fridge was noisy, dustbinmen came by around 6am and the cleaners were about from that time so it was a very very noisy place to stay overall and for this reason I would never return and I am surprised not many reviewers have said similar. It was a real shame as everything else was great. But for me sleep quality is important.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Nicobar_11
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Dear „Nicobar_11”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for leaving a comment of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on TripAdvisor. It was my pleasure to be seen that the location, the staff, the breakfast and also the cleanliness have met your expectations. We try to do our best day by day to provide the highest quality of services to our guests. Regarding to the noise you mentioned please accept my sincere apologies. I was sorry to read that you could not have a good night sleep during your stay. After you reported to my colleagues that the first room you stayed in was noisy we immediately offered you another room on the top floor. Our aim is to reach 100% guest satisfaction and to make every guest’s stay a memorable one. We have soundproof windows all around the house. We got really a few complaints about the noise and that is why we take your complaint even more serious not to happen again with anyone in the future. I would like to call your kind attention that the mini-bar can be turned off not to hear the noise of it. Regarding your comment about the noisy cleaning staff I can assure you that I will look into this matter and talk to the Housekeeping Manager to avoid similar situations in the future. Please contact me directly should you plan a next visit to Budapest and I will provide you with the quietest room we have. I trust that I will have the chance to show you the real Opera Garden feeling in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

From the staff, to the rooms, breakfast and location could not fault it at all!!!
We was in walking distance from all the main areas to see and things to do. It was my Husbands birthday and the Hotel organised an amazing cake from the wicked Sugar! Candy shop at the top of the road. Can I add that as a English Couple we found Budapest to be wonderful value for money, you get First Class service for next to nothing.
Will be returning again if not later this year, next.

Dear „Amy E”,
First of all I would like to thank you for your kind comment posted on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. Let me also thank you for highlighting our hotel in every way. It was great to read that you liked the service of our staff, enjoyed the comfort of your room, our breakfast selection and the location as well. Please feel free to contact me directly, should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest; we would be more than happy to accommodate you again.
Riga, Latvia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

I enjoyed so much my stay in Opera Garden Hotel, Staff are very friendly and helpful to the maximum limits. Hotel have good facilities and is very calm and clean. Location is very good which is near by everything u would want.

Thanks for making my vacation a very pleasant one and if i have chance to come back to Budapest i would definitely stay in Opera Garden again and i would recommend to all my friends who are willing to visit Budapest.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear „Eltawil”,
Let me thank you very much for taking your time and posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor. We are all very happy to see that our efforts paid off and we were able to provide a high level of service and make your stay a memorable one. I am glad to read that you liked not only the service of the staff, but you were also satisfied with the comfort and the facilities of your room and with our location as well. We would be more than happy to accommodate you during your next visit to Budapest, if you decide to come, please feel free to contact me directly.
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2014

Using Trip advisor on a regular basis to select hotels to stay in, I felt for the first time to put my thoughts down in writing after staying at the Opera Garden 18th January to 20th January 2014, from the moment we arrived the staff were polite and very helpful. To be fair we arrived b4 1400hrs but this was no problem as our room was ready and we were welcomed to go to our room early, after about 10 minutes we had a phone call from reception asking whether we were happy with our room.

The room was very clean, spacious and bed was very comfortable , the bathroom was of a fair size with a shower cubicle and a decent shower.

Also there was no noise from outside, which was a bit of a concern when we arrived to see our room looked out on one of the local bars.

Breakfast was plentiful with a good choice of yoghurts, bread, cheese, meats and omelettes cooked to order if you wished. Also as a little footnote thanks for the Bucks Fizz at breakfast and the mulled wine at 1600, nice little touch !!

The hotel is located in a reasonably good location not to far from the Opera House and where you can pick up one of the hop on hop off tourist buses.

In all I would certainly stay in this hotel again and would recommend it to anyone travelling to Budapest

2 Thank Jon H
Dear „John H”,
I would like to thank you very much for taking your time and put down your kind words for the first time on Tripadvisor. We feel honoured that you have considered your stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments worth mentioning. I am proud to read that our reception staff gave you a professional welcome. I am also happy to see that you have enjoyed the cleanliness of your room, the size of the bed and your bathroom in every detail and what is more, you have found the room calm and silent. I was also happy to learn that you were satisfied with the buffet breakfast and the complimentary a’la carte selection as well. Should you plan a next visit to Budapest in the near future do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a superior double for 2 nights. Rooms are spacious & clean. They are equipped with kitchen hairdryer good powerful shower & mini toiletries for the shower.

Lots of choice for breakfast including freshly made omlettes upon request. Breakfast was yummy!

Hotel is within walking distance of everywhere i.e. The buda side via the chain bridge, hero's square, st stephens palicia, the opera house & parliment!

Lots if resuarants shoos & bars nearby. Would highly recommend the river cruise dinner. Entertainment is great & food is lovely plus you get to see the beautiful city light up at night!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear „lolipop177”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.It is my pleasure to be seen how much you have enjoyed your visit to Budapest! Thank you for describing our rooms to be both spacious and clean. I am happy that the equipments have met your expectations. Further, I was glad to read that you liked the choice of our breakfast and that you took advantage of the freshly made omlettes. I would like to thank you sincerely for describing our location central. I truly hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

First of all, this is a hotel that shows high quality in everything they do. It is very clean, up to date, the service is excellent (all though the reception manager can be a bit too cold), good breakfast selection. And most of all, the location is central but you don't need to worry about noises from the street. Everything you need for a comfortable weekend trip to Budapest.

When it comes to the rooms, we had the superior room. A good way of using the room would be a large bed, a sitting arrangement and enough space for storage and moving around. But these also includes a fully equipped kitchen, stealing space from the extremely small bathroom. If you want a superior room that meets the same needs as me, you might find this arrangement a bit unuseful. But these are really "luxury problems".

Also, going to Budapest for the thermal baths, this hotel is not very close to anything. You can take the subway and change to another one, but all the good ones are on the other side of the river (except the big Széchenyi). We ended up enjoying the jacuzzi of the hotel in stead of the fuzz of getting to the other side of the river in the cold december climate.

If you are in Budapest for the Opera, long walks, sightseeing or business, this is the place to stay. Everything you need will be within walking distance and the city block is welcoming and calm.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Elisajan
Dear „Elisajan”,
I would like to thank you for sharing your honest comment on TripAdvisor. I cannot be grateful enough for your kind words regarding the cleanliness and the service of our staff. Please note that none of the staff members can afford to be cold therefore I will look into this matter to avoide similar situations in the future. We try to make every guest feel at home by being helpful and attentive. Thank you for describing the room so detailed. Please note that as a boutique hotel all the rooms we have are different and equipped with kitchen which might be useful for a longer stay. Let me thank you again for all your kind words. I hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.