“Brilliant!”

Ranked #10 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Brilliant!”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Mum and daughter in her 20's holiday to the wonderful christmas markets. Great location- a few minutes walk to the nearest metro, the Opera house and plenty of restaurants and bars, while still being quiet. The hotel itself is clean and newly, tastefully decorated. Very reasonable price. There is a sauna and jacuzzi in the basement although we didn't use them. Complimentary champagne and home made yoghurt at breakfast and complimentary mulled wine in the afternoon is a lovely touch. The staff were really friendly and accommodating- I had booked a double on line by mistake and they upgraded me for free to an executive twin as they had booked all the superior twins already.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear „Holly L”,
I was pleased to read you comment on Tripadvisor. I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts about your experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was our pleasure to read your words of satisfaction mentioning the quality of the building, our staff, the location, the breakfast and the little extra touches of ours. You have to know that guest satisfaction is our main goal. It would be our pleasure to accommodate you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
NYCJulie
Reviewed December 1, 2013

nice clean modern hotel near the opera house. while we enjoyed the location of this hotel, it is not really in the tourist area. it is about a 10 minute walk to st stephens church and a 15-20 minute walk to chain bridge. like, i said i really liked the location because it is more in a trendy local area than the tourist area, and i like being with locals. there were some great bars and restaurants right outside of our door. it was nice to come back to this area after a day of being a tourist to extremely affordable, friendly spots within steps of our door. the free breakfast was great. the free wifi worked brilliantly. our room was tiny, but it was all we needed. the bathroom was again tiny, but had some awesome touches: a towel heater and a mirror that didnt steam up.

I loved this hotel, however if there was one thing they could work to improve its the staffs knowledge of the area. the desk staff was very friendly, however, they didnt really know much about the neighborhood around us. we asked where we could find breakfast after 11am and she had no idea. but she called 4 different places for us. we ended up walking out the door and finding three places still serving breakfast within 3 blocks. thats probably something they should know. we brought back flyers so they could help the next guest. however, I dont really hold this against the hotel or the staff, because even if they didnt know something, they were willing to go out of their way to help.

I would stay here again or recommend it to anyone

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „NYCJulie”,
Thank you very much for your time leaving such comprehensive feedback on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my pleasure to read that you took advantage of our hidden but still central location. It is also good to learn that you explored the neighborhood and found friendly spots in the area. I was happy to read that you have enjoyed the stability of the wifi connection and the setup of the bathroom. I would like to thank you honestly for your additional information providing the concierge. As we are serving free breakfast to everyone, we’re not really aware of the breakfast possibilities outside of the hotel, but we are open to learn and develop. Last but not least I would like to thank you again for choosing Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and we hope that you will visit us and this wonderful city again in the near future.
Murska Sobota, Slovenia
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We loved the comfortability of the rooms and the location of the hotel is excellent - only 300 m from the centre of Budapest. The breakfast is delicious - especially their homemade yoghurt. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear „Katja P”,
I would like to thank you sincerely for posting your short but very positive review on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that you have loved your stay in every way and praised us from many points of view. It would be our pleasure to welcome you again in the future in Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Came to Budapest for dental treatment and the hotel stay was arranged by the British-Hungarian Dental Association. I have the highest praise for both organisations. The hotel is on a quiet street next to the Opera, on Andrassy Street, one of the main thoroughfares. I had an apartment with cooking facilities and there are restaurants nearby (though with not a lot for vegetarians), plus cheaper places for snacks. Also, the wonderful Muvesz cafe on Andrassy for coffee and delicious cakes.The hotel gave me a lot of tourist information (so didn't have to go out and look for an I office). Location is excellent with metro and buses just a few minutes away. But I walked to many places. Left up Andrassy is towards Octogan, a busy crossroads with lots of shops, a big supermarket and restaurants (about 10-15 mins walk). Right is towards Deak Square, leading to the area I liked best around Varosmarty Square (about 15 mins). I also got the On/Off bus which is wonderful for taking you to many fascinating places. The House of Terror is a well displayed and very chilling reminder of the wartime Nazi era and the postwar Soviet era. The castle on the Buda side is interesting with wonderful views. Loved the thermal baths, the Market Hall, the riverside, the bridges, and just wandering. Almost all younger people (say, under 40) speak English. I'm an older woman and though I was outside at night, walking in the well-populated areas, I never felt the slightest threat or danger. Will visit Budapest and this lovely hotel again!

Room Tip: Although the hotel is in a quiet street, I specified when booking that I wanted a quiet room, and di...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Dear „ AnnePatricia”,
I would like to thank you very much for taking your time to write your fantastic comment on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to see that you liked our prime location and enjoyed the service of our staff very much. I was also happy to read that you took advantage of the programs offered by us. It is really nice to be seen how much you have enjoyed Budapest. Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan your next visit to Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Friendly cleaning, breakfast and reception staff - all aiming to please their guests.
Quiet street in the middle of Pest. Close to the opera and the metro.
Free 'coffee to go' in the morning and varm wine drink in the Thermos on the patio when we came back in the evening.
All in all the perfect hotel for a Budapest visit.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „BaeksAarhus”,
Thank you for leaving an excellent comment on TripAdvisor. It has been my pleasure that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I am glad to read that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the room. I am also pleased that you considered our location good and that the breakfast lived up to your expectations. Thank you for highlighting our free touches to other travelers. I truly hope that you will grant us another visit in the not-too-distant future.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Last minute deal to Budapest. This was a fantastic location right in the heart of the city (Pest side) near to the nightlife and all the sightseeing. We were greeted on arrival and shown our room which was modern and perfectly adaquate, had a bit of a distinct smell which wasn't great but it was spotless clean. Deal included breakfast which was basic continental.

Reception were really helpful an we booked all trips and tickets with them, very informative and sent us to some lovely restaurants.

Can't really be faulted.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MrandMrsM2010
Dear „MrandMrsM2010”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking some of your valuable time to place your comment on TripAdvisor. It is my pleasure to be seen that the reception staff could do everything to make your stay even more comfortable. Further, thank you for describing our location perfect. I was sorry to read that you perceived a distinct smell in the room. I am now delighted to inform you that we have taken the necessary actions in order to avoid similar situations in the future. I hope that we can welcome you back in the near future in the Opera Garden Hotel and Apartments and also that you will be absolutely satisfied.
Brentwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We were greeted by friendly,informative staff in a modern clean reception so first impressions were promising. On arrival in the rooms,the decor again was modern,with a superbly designed kitchen and bathroom. A free bottle of wine was most welcome. Breakfast offered a good selection of cereals,fruit,cold meats,cheeses etc together with a hot cooked choice. On discovering Budapest,we quickly realised how great the location was. The underground station was at the end of the road,by the opera house. Buses taking you all over the city were also here. One of the highlights of the city is the tea salon at Alexander's bookshop,again only 2 minutes walk away. Some great bars and restaurants (and expensive shops!) in the streets nearby too. Great spa under the hotel plus a sauna.
Would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to returning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear „LYNNE j”,
I would like to thank you sincerely for leaving an excellent review of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was really impressed reading your kind words regarding our hotel. It makes me happy to find out that you had a good impression from the first moment and that you found our staff to be both friendly and informative. Thank you for highlight our breakfast. It is glad that the selection of breakfast items could live up to your expectations. Further, I was delighted to read that you could take advantage of our location and that you could easily reach the main sights of the city. It would be a real pleasure to welcome you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.