“Definitely would stay in this hotel again”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Cork, Ireland
“Definitely would stay in this hotel again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

The location is great, close to city centre yet on a pedestrian street. Great breakfasts, free mulled wine and coffee to take out with you. Staff are so helpful and speak really good English. Clean, warm, (we stayed in January) and the wellness area although small, is so relaxing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear „Jean R”,
I do appreciate your comments left on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I would like to thank you sincerely for highlighting our central location and the free items such as the mulled wine or the coffee. It makes me proud to be heard that you described the staff to be helpful with good English. Further, I was glad to see that the breakfast met your expectations. I trust that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed at Opera Garden for four nights in November and could not have been happier with our choice, it was incredible value. The room was lovely, had a nice view, and was cleaned to immaculate standard every day, and stocked with Occitane toiletries. Staff were friendly and always ready to provide a restaurant recommendation, make a reservation, book a taxi, give tourist info and help with the odd Hungarian word! Breakfast was good, and even included Champagne!

The location is great, within reasonable walking distance of attractions on the Buda side as well as the Pest side of the river, and very close to shopping, dining and nightlife.

The only minor hiccup in the trip was that we were advised that we could pay our taxi driver with card or cash, but on arrival at the airport, we were told he accepted only cash, which led to an angry driver and a mad dash for cash.

Overall, we would definitely return and recommend it to anyone travelling to Budapest.

Dear „mnworb”,
Thank you for taking the time to place your wonderful comment on TripAdvisor. It really makes me happy to find out that your room and its cleanliness exceeded your expectations. It is so delightful to read that our staff could indeed contribute to a good stay for you and that they were always ready to help you with booking restaurants or with giving useful information. Please note that we value all the guest comments and taking immediate actions based on these. Please accept my sincerest apology for the taxi driver. I will look into this matter to avoid similar situations in the future, however all the drivers we work with have to accept credit cards. I am so happy that you had a great stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I stayed here for a week in October and thought it was a lovely place, certainly more luxurious than I expected given the price - excellent value. Convenient central location, the room was pretty spacious and the staff were friendly and helpful.There's also a nice roof terrace and a sauna/spa - oh, and free mulled wine in the evenings and champagne for breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sparkleunicorn
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, November 21, 2013
Dear „laraseab”
I do appreciate the comments you have left on Tripadvisor of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I would like to thank you sincerely for describing the staff friendly and helpful. All your commending words regarding the complimentary touches such as the champagne at breakfast or the mulled wine in the evenings are highly appreciated. I am happy that you could take advantage of our roof top terrace and the wellness facilities and that you enjoyed our central location. I hope that you will grant us another visit in the not-too-distant future.
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

Had a 1 night stay in October before flying back to UK.
The hotel is in the city centre, close to the train station so it was very easy to go to the airport next day. They can organise a car as well to take you to the airport if you ask them.
Staff very polite and friendly, nothing is too much trouble for them. Breakfast had not as many choices as a big hotel, but everything was very tasty. The sitting arrangement is a bit strange but wasn't bad (it was still nice weather and I was sitting outside in the terrace area).
As a 4* I was expecting iron and iron board and slippers which weren't in the room. Called reception and asked for iron an iron board for the morning which was there from housekeeping exactly in the requested time, so wasn't a problem.
Bathroom is a bit small, but modern and clean.
Had a lovely stay and will definitely stay here again when we go to Budapest.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear ” felicity343”,
Thank you for taking the time to place your wonderful comment on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our central location and that the quality of our breakfast buffet met your expectations. It is so delightful to read that our staff could indeed contribute to a good stay for you and you described them to be both friendly and polite. Regarding your comment about the slippers and the iron board let me kindly inform you that we provide them only on request, however I can assure you that we will place the requested items in your room in advance should you visit us in the future. I am happy that you had a great stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

My husband and I spent 2 nights here last week. The staff were very helpful and professional - their English was excellent. The room was spacious and comfortable (bed firm), well maintained and very clean. The position was good - easy to walk to the river and all shops and restaurants. And nice and quiet too. Breakfast was a standard buffet style, and good. There was a fantastic jacuzzi and sauna in the basement - wonderful for a soak at the end of the day (there are no baths in the rooms, so even better to be able to have a long soak here).
There was a roof terrace, but we were not there long enough to enjoy it.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Dear „Diana J”,
First and foremost I would like to thank you your time you recently took to place your fantastic review on Tripadvisor. It makes me really proud to find out that the staff could be at your service during your stay. It was a pleasure to read that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room and its amenities. I am happy that you could take advantage of our central location and you could easily walk to the river and all shops and restaurants. Further, your kind words regarding the breakfast and the wellness are highly appreciated. I am really impressed that you highlighted our hotel in every way and that we could do everything to make your stay a memorable one. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and that you will have more time to enjoy the roof terrace as well.
worcs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

didnt get off to a good start as we had arranged for the hotel to transfer us from the airport.THE TAXI TOOK US TO OPERA HOTEL NOT OPERA GARDENS.However the room was good (but)you need to be careful if,as we are,you are light sleepers as rooms on the outside corridor,as was ours,are noisy with people walking and talking.The breakfast was first class .They do not have rooms with baths only showers.Overall tho I agree with the excellent reviews.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear “patbrownett”,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on TripAdvisor. I am really sorry that the taxi driver took you to another hotel. It has never happened before. I can assure you that I talked to the taxi company we work with to avoid similar situations in the future. Regarding your comment about the rooms let me kindly inform you that all the windows are sound-proofed. Sorry for the noises from the corridor. If we are aware we always inform our guests not making any noise. I would like to thank you sincerely for describing the breakfast excellent. I am glad to see that you recommended our hotel to other travelers. Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan a visit again to Budapest.
Upper West Side Manhattan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2013

We just completed a two week stay at the Opera Garden Hotel, Room 307, and I couldn't wait to get back to New York and write my review. It is a perfect hotel. The staff is friendly and efficient and most of all very helpful when asked for directions or other information. The housekeeping staff is amazing and the room cleaned quickly and very well the minute you leave for the day. The room itself was comfortable and well appointed. The only suggestion I would make is that they improve the size of the bathroom mirror. It is very small. The location of the hotel is great too. Near many wonderful restaurants like the Chagall Café across the street and Most around the corner. The Opera house is a 2 minute walk down the block and St. Stephen's Basilica is just a few blocks away. The best part of all is the morning breakfast. Lots of selection and good assortment of juices and pastries. I would totally recommend this hotel without a moments hesitation. It made our visit to Budapest, a wonderful city in itself, a very special experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear „FellowsFromNY”,
I am really grateful for all your kind words left on TripAdvisor of your recent experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It is a real pleasure to see such an excellent comment of our hotel! Thank you for your kind compliments on our front desk staff. I am pleased to read that we could be at your disposal with giving useful information. Your nice words regarding your room and the housekeeping staff are highly appreciated. I was happy to find out the cleanness of the hotel lived up to your expectations. I am sorry that you found the mirror in the bathroom small, however please let me highlight that the room is equipped with a large one and also a shaving mirror available in the bathroom. I would like to thank you for describing the location central. I am so glad that you were fascinated by the breakfast and you liked the selection as well. I do hope that you will grant us another visit in the not too distant future.