“It is the best”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #12 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
“It is the best”
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

Every thing was perfect in particular the the so lovely staff starting with wonderful front desk team they were so cooperative and helpful with nice smile never disappear from their faces.The level of cleaness was really good ,breakfast well organized and prapared with great staff serving you

• Stayed September 2013
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear “Ahmed S”
First and foremost I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave your comment on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you were fascinated by our staff and you described them to be both cooperative and helpful. Further, I was pleased to see that the breakfast and also the cleanness of the hotel could live up to your expectations. Please feel free to contact me should you plan a next visit to Budapest.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (178)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
san francisco
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Delightful hotel - beautifully renovated in a central location but in a pedestrian precinct. Clean modern rooms. Perfect for the longer stay because there are kitchen facilities and the executive rooms are a nice size. The hotel was quiet -
The staff were all extremely friendly and helpful - would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank shellysf13
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear” shellysf13”,
I would like to thank you sincerely for leaving an excellent feedback on TripAdvisor. I was happy to be heard that the style and the location of the hotel met your expectations, further I was delighted to read that you found the fully equipped kitchenette useful. I was also proud to be heard that you have found the front desk staff to be both helpful and friendly. I do hope that you will grant us an other visit in the not too distant future.
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We plan on returning to Budapest and will certainly stay here again. Highly recommended, and here is why:

The hotel room was very nice, clean, spacious, and included a mini-kitchen and desk. The bathroom was a bit tiny, but adequate. We had a great corner view of the street, which is very quiet, especially with the insulated windows. The location didn't look perfect on a map, but once we arrived and went sight seeing we quickly realized that this location is perfect. You can walk to almost all the major tourist sights (don't miss the Museum of Terror) and the metro is just a couple of blocks. You can easily get to either major train station within 15-20 minutes on the metro.

The most pleasant surprise was the staff. They were incredible. There must have been 5 people helping serve breakfast with a smile in the pretty interior courtyard. Every morning until 11am breakfast was amazing, with just about anything you could want to eat or drink, including made to order omelettes and champagne! Fruit was available for afternoon snacks and delicious sangria in the evening. Staff had answers to every question or request, and even looked up train schedules for us. They also graciously accommodated us with a slightly late check out based on our train time. Their flexibility, service, and professionalism was greatly appreciated.

Overall a great hotel and great value.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „MarknGabyV”,
I cannot be grateful enough for your kind words left on Tripadvisor. It was my pleasure to be seen how much you enjoyed your stay with us at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was really happy to see that the hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations with answering all your questions. Further, I was glad to read you positive thoughts regarding the breakfast items and staff. Thank you for describing your room nice, clean and spacious. It is my pleasure that we could make your visit a memorable one and that you are planning to visit us again!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 2, 2013

It's been a few months since we stayed here, I am finally writing a review. We got two rooms at the Opera Garden back in the beginning of March, stayed for 3 nights, went to few other cities and when we came back to Budapest we did not need to look anywhere else so we stayed another night.

It is a nice, clean, pretty small sized hotel, that is very close to one of the main street's of Budapest (Andrassy). It was a great value, the rooms were very nicely designed, comfortable and clean.

The customer service was excellent, everyone was real helpful with all our questions and needs. One example is they found us dinner in the middle of the night on a Sunday, even though most restaurants were already closed and got it delivered to the hotel.

The hotel's location is great, we were able to walk to most places from it, including the very close subway station, which made it possible to go all around Budapest.

We enjoyed the breakfast during our stay, it wasn't the largest selection, but the food was good and fresh.

There was complimentary mulled wine every evening, and that was definitely a good touch.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for a nice hotel as well as excellent value.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr KorVar,
Thank you for taking the time to place your fantastic comment on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you concerned our customer service excellent. Furthermore, I was happy to read the the staff could do everything to make your stay even more comfortable. Thank you for recommending our central location and our free touches such as mulled wine to other travelers. I was pleased to see that the food served at breakfast met your expectations. Let me kindly inform you that we keep on expanding the range of expected breakfast items. According to the continuous innovation we introduced our home made yogurt and our home made muesli. I do hope that I will have the chance to welcome you back to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2013

A beautiful, very clean, and comfortable hotel. We had two sets of grandparents, two teenagers, my husband and myself. The hotel was perfect for all of us. Unfortunately I became ill while we were in Budapest. The front desk staff found a doctor's office for me (that spoke English), then helped me find a pharmacy that was open on a holiday. She could not have been more helpful. From helping me with the doctor, to sending us to the most fabulous meal, they were always accomodating. If I ever have the chance to go back to Budapest, I will certainly stay here again!!! Thank you for a wonderful stay in Budapest.

Room Tip: The upstairs loft is small but a beautiful view!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear „Cathie T”,
I would like to thank for all your kind words left on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read your appreciate words regarding our staff and I am really happy that we could do everything to make your stay even more enjoyable. I do hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you again at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments in the near future.
Bagshot, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My partner and I stayed here last year for a few days and absolutely loved it. The hotel was lovely with a cool rooftop terrace, modern, large clean rooms and delicious breakfast but it was the location that made it for us - down a pretty pedestrianised street, close to all the best tourist spots and fantastic restaurants, cafes and bars. We have been on many city breaks to many hotels but this one was by far the best! We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2012
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear “Angelina_James”,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing you faboulos comment on TripAdvisor. I was really impressed to be seen that by far Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments was your favourite hotel of many others during your city breaks. Furthermore, I was happy to read that you enjoyed our central location. Thank you for your kind compliments on the rooms and the rooftop terrace. It was my pleaseure that the breakfast could live up to your expectations. Please feel free to contact me directly should you plan a next visit to our Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments.
Vaxjo, Sweden
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This hotel has very nice staff, fantastic breakfast and surpisngly nice rooms for its rating.
The location is very near the opera subway station which means you can go anywhere in the city for very little money

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Anderselectro
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear “Anderselectro”
I would like to thank you sincerely for leaving your comment on TripAdvisor. It was a real pleasure to read that the hotel staff’s service exceeded your expectations and you were also satisfied with our rooms. I was delighted to read that you concerned our location good. I hope that you will grant us another visit in the near future.