“Our happiness started with the first contact!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #11 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Our happiness started with the first contact!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This was my first trip into Hungary (for a mate's wedding) and this hotel was recommended by the bride and groom who are locals and that is always a good sign. From the first contact every communication was helpful and warm. They could not do more! We were so well looked after by truly charming staff. The mini bar was so fairly priced and anything we asked for appeared within moments. The breakfast buffet is simply first class. With any holiday or hotel there is always something one might say could be better. I can't think of one. It was simply perfect and we can't wait to come back - and to this hotel and its lovely and highly professional staff for sure. It is great value for money with no hidden extras either! köszönöm, köszönöm, köszönöm!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear „Dan Doherty”,
Thank you very much for sharing your fabulous review on TripAdvisor of your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was delighted to read that you were absolutely satisfied with our hotel and services from the first contact. Thank you for all your kind words regarding our staff and the professional service what we are working hard to provide . I was happy to see that we could do everything to make your stay even more comfortable. I appreciate for your commending words regarding the breakfast. I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back in the not too distante future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

My wife and I did not know what to expect our first time in Budapest...but we received outstanding service and a stay of eight days, extended to eleven days. The hotel and staff were service-oriented to an extremely high standard. Cleanliness, location of the hotel, information from the front desk and flexibility (our extended stay was accommodated immediately) were the hallmarks of our experience at the Opera Gardens. Excellent amenities for a small hotel.

Room Tip: Corner Honeymoon suite is great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear „JimandRebecca_13“,
Let me thank you for your time leaving your excellent comment on TripAdvisor. It was nice to be heard that you were impressed by the service at the Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. It was my pleasure to be seen that you highligted the cleanliness and the location of the hotel. Furthermore, I was happy to read that you described the amneties excellent. It would be our pleasure to accommodate you again in the near future.
Lucerne, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We had an apartement for 3 and it was perfect with 2 floors and very nicely made. Very goog windows.
Its located close to the opera but kinda far from the parks, bridges and the cool.bar and restaurant places.
The reception staff act very pretencious and dont make you feel very welcome. Breakfast is ok

• Stayed July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank OJsama
Dear „OJsama“,
I do appreciate the time you recently took to leave your comment of your stay on TripAdvisor. I was glad to read that one of our apartments has met your expectations and that you found it nice. Regarding you comment about the staff please be assured that we do our best to provide our guests a memorable experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and our staff keep on working to make our guests feel very welcome. I trust that you will grant us another visit in the near future and that your experience will be even better.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hotel is amazing. We had a wonderful time there. The Rooms have a small kitchen well equipped which helped us a lot. The service was awesome and the breakfast was excellent. They are in a good location, near the subway. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: just ask for one, they will provide you.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „Rick V”,
Thank you for taking your time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I was glad to read that you found Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments an ideal place to stay and concerned the location good. Further, I was pleased to see that the fully equipped kitchen was a great help during your stay. I also appreciate for your commending words regarding the hotel staff’s service. I trust that we will have the chance to accomodate you again in the very near future.
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Opera Garden is an excellent boutique hotel. All of the furnishings and fixtures are new, and the hotel is in excellent condition. Breakfasts are excellent, and in good weather eating is offered on the ground floor outdoor patio in the interior of the hotel property. (The property is not large, so there may be some waiting for a breakfast table at the busiest breakfast times.) In the afternoon, the Opera Garden offers free apples and sangria, which can be enjoyed on the top floor patio. The staff is friendly and provides helpful advice. There are many nearby dining options. Opera Garden is a top choice in central Budapest.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear „skirooster”,
I would like to thank you all your kind words left on TripAdvisor. I highly appreciate your nice comments about the boutique style of Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was pleased to read that we could be at your disposal with helpful advices. Thank you for highlighting our free touches such as the apple or the sangria served every day. I would be happy serving you again if you visit Budapest in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Opera Garden was so well situated for all the subway lines and was in walking distance to so many of the sites and neighborhoods we wanted to explore. Great restaurants and shopping nearby as well. Staff were always polite and went the extra distance for us - for instance, we have this 'thing' where we like to buy children's books in other languages when we travel. We asked the hotel desk staff what their favorite books were when they were children, and not only did they give us book titles, but they actually looked them up in the offerings of a nearby bookstore to make sure they were in stock.

The hotel is clean, the beds are comfortable, and the amenities are typical - the hotel is not so plush that you are tempted to stay in rather than explore the city, but spacious and equipped enough that it served as a very comfortable home away from home for 8 days. Our room was on the 3rd floor with windows facing the pedestrian street (the front of the hotel) and we had no issues with noise. Our room didn't have room-darkening shades, but the shades did a relatively good job of blocking light.

The gym really is as tiny as what you see in the pictures - a treadmill and an upright stationary bike and that's it - which was disappointing to me at first, but honestly, Budapest is such a walkable city and we probably walked 3-4 hours every day exploring, so I didn't miss the gym.

The wifi was free and always worked, which was great, since our American phones don't get cell signals in Europe and it was nice to be connected once or twice a day.

There certainly are more plush hotels in the city, and certainly hotels that overlook the Duna (Opera Garden does not), but for us, it was a perfect home base from which to launch our explorations, and an incredible value for the money.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor, facing the front of the hotel and the pedestrian street, and we rea...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Darciocity
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear „Darciocity”,
First of all I would like to thank you for sharing your experiences on TripAdvisor. I was happy to read that you had a great time with us at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was also proud to be heard that you have found the front desk staff to be both helpful and polite. Your compliments regarding your room are highly appreciated. I was glad to see that you found your bed comfortable and the room clean. Referring your comment about the amneties I would like to hightlight that we provide high quality L’Occitane equipment to all our guests. I was delighted to see that you found the free wifi useful during your stay. I do hope that you will grant us an other visit in the not too distante future.
Boston, MA/SW Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

We were incredibly happy with the Opera Garden.

The staff were spectacular, anticipating our needs (for example, a maid brought a baby bath right away when they saw we had an infant) and were extremely friendly and helpful. The consistently high level of service must reflect fantastic management and training.

Breakfasts were great, with omelets, smoothies and freshly squeezed orange juice to order. Champagne was a nice touch, as were the sangria in the evening and apples throughout the day.

The hotel was obviously recently opened, with the renovations to this classical Budapest building nicely done. The location is perfect - on a pedestrianized street right behind the opera.

The only (very minor) negative would be that our room was relatively small, although it fit four of us (my wife and I, our son on a rollaway and our baby in a crib) so was obviously sufficient.

We highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear”schenkaround”
I would like to thank you sincerely for leaving an excellent feedback on TripAdvisor. I was glad to see that you highlighted the staff’s service and they could do everything to make your stay a memorable one. I was sincerely happy to read that you described the breakfast great as we keep on expanding the range of breakfast items. I would like to thank you for highlighting the hotel’s central location or the free touches offered in the afternoon and and in the evenings. Regarding you comment about the room size I would like to call you kind attention that apartment rooms with two bedrooms are also available for our guests and might be more comfortable for families. I do hope that you will grant us an other visit in the not too distante future.