“Very good and kindly personal, excellent location”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #10 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Puerto Varas, Chile
“Very good and kindly personal, excellent location”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

The hotel is very good, excellent rooms, insonorized, clean. The personal is really kindly and very good prepare to resolve any doubt or requirement. The location es perfect very close to the opera subway station an walk distance to the river. I will really recomend it to everyone.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CRISTIAN D
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Dear „CRISTIAN D”,
I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort to evaluate us on Tripadvisor. I was happy to see that the service could live up to your expectations. Thank you for highlighting the hotel’s central location to other travellers. I do hope that I will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Czech first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Vaasa, Finland
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Our family (2+3) stayed at Opera Garden for six nights in June 2013. The Donau was flooding and we got very usefull information by e-mail from the hotel even before we came to Budapest!
Location is great, it was easy to walk to the river, around the Pest or to Buda side. Also the metro was near to go to.
Our familyroom had plenty of space for five people to stay in. Our youngest (7yrs.) slept in a sparebed. Room was also kept very clean!
Service at the desk was very helpfull and they were always ready to give usefull advices regarding restaurants, shopping, transportations and so on.
Breakfast was OK, the staff was very helpfull.
We would definetly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pihlis
Dear „Pihlis”,
I would like to thank you for taking your time and effort to share your fantastic review on TripAdvisor. I was absolutely delighted to read how much you have been satisfied with our service at the front desk and at breakfast too. Further, I was glad to see that your apartment room met your expectations. Thank you very much for recommending us to other travellers. Do not hesitate to contact me should you come back to Budapest in the future.
Ohio
Reviewed June 26, 2013

The suite was smaller than expected but met all of our needs. The room was very clean. Service was excellent and the breakfast was the best! I am not sure there is a better location in Budapest for sightseeing. Definitely would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear „JKTravelMom”,
I appreciate your time for leaving your fabulous comment on TripAdvisor. I would like to thank you for your kind compliments on our services. I was glad to be heard that you described our breakfast the best. Thank you very much for highlighting the hotel’s central location to other travellers. It would be the greatest pleasure to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Had a fabulous stay here in April, lovely room, up in the eaves, with a kitchenette and a seating area. Loved the sangria on offer each evening, a great way to start the evening. The honesty bar on the rooftop terrace was v good too, but we only stumbled apron it by accident, so they could advertise it more. Outdoor lift to the upper floors was v quirky.
Breakfast offering was excellent, the breakfast room is very small, but they've packed in loads, offering a great selection of continental and hot breakfast food.
Really excellent service, staff were extremely friendly and helpful, would definitely recommend this hotel and it was located very well for access to the Opera, the metro, the Basilica and some great bars and restaurants for evenings out. May well be back to Budapest and would stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear „holidaygal38”,
Thank you for taking your time sharing an excellent comment of your experience at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. I was pleased to read that our free touches such as the sangria could add some extra to your visit. It was really nice to see that the products at breakfast could live up to your expectations. According to the size of the breakfast room I would like to inform you that we opened our courtyard where our guests can have their breakfast in a more cozy atmosphere. It was my pleasure to be seen that you described our staff extremely friendly and helpful. Regarding your comment about the top roof terrace I kindly inform you that we try to advertise it more efficiently therefore we placed an advertisement in the elevator. Please feel free to conact me if you visit Budapest in the future.
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed there 4 nights and felt great with the hotel in various perspective including the nice staff and the room setting. The hotel is conveniently located with very comfortable hotel room and an open kitchen of basic cooking facilities inside the room. It added value to the room as I got a choice to have simple soup or hot tea with sandwiches or noodles, at the hotel when not preferring a heavy meal at late evenings. It's good value for money to stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bela_Schiffler, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear „Celinayuen”,
Thank you sincerely for leaving an excellent feedback on TripAdvisor. I was pleased to read that the staff and your room met your expectations. I was glad to be heard that you found your fully equipped kitchenette and the complimentary tea amenity useful. I am really happy that we could make your visit a memorable one. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and do not hesitate to contact me if you visit Budapest again.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We stayed in this hotel 5 days and enjoyed every day of staying there. The location is perfect. The staff at the front desk was exemplary!!! Free breakfast was simply delightful! We will certainly stay in this place again the next time we are in Budapest !

• Stayed June 2013
Dear „Susanasherfe”,
First of all let me thank you again for choosing to stay with us and your time you recently took to leave such a brilliant comment on TripAdvisor. I was delighted to be heard that you found the staff at front desk „exemplary” and that you were satisfied with the breakfast. Let me inform you that in the spirit of health we introduced our home made yoghurt filled with various fruits. Please feel free to contact me should you came back to Budapest in the future!
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We booked our stay at the last minute - we had been staying at Boheme Art Hotel for two nights and were planning to travel to another part of Hungary, but decided to extend our stay in Budapest and had to find a new hotel the same day (since Boheme was fully booked). We got a great deal booking the same day and were amazed at how much better the hotel was than Boheme - the room was plush with a fully equipped kitchen, and the location was much better. Being on the 4th floor was a little awkward as the lift only goes up to the 3rd, but it was a small inconvenience since we didn't have a lot of luggage. I don't know how much our room would normally have cost, but for the price we got I couldn't recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the 4th floor since the lift only goes up to the 3rd, so you will have to go up one fli...