“Delightful hotel in a great location”

Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #11 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed here for four days in January and loved the hotel! It is very modern, very clean and the staff is incredibly friendly (and their English is perfect, I might add). The bed was comfortable and the room came with a little kitchenette which was convenient. The location was top-notch. It is off the very busy streets, very quiet yet close to the Opera house and Andrassy street as well as all the tourist locations and public transportation. The breakfast was very nice. We had a wonderful experience there and definitely hope to return.

2  Thank Sasha35805
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear”Sasha35805”, I would like to thank you for your excellent comment left on Tripadvisor. I was delighted to read that you were satisfied with the cleanliness and concerned our location good. It was also a pleasure to be heard that you found hotel staff to be both helpful and hospitable. Moreover I was glad to find out that your room and our buffet breakfast have met your expectations. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,709)

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We booked this hotel through an online comparison search engine, and got a good rate. Using the Trip advisor reviews, we decided to stay here. We managed to get three nights for £160 which for a 4* hotel was incredible.

The welcome was superb and we were upgraded to their superior deluxe room. This had a large bed, table kitchen with fridge, cooker, crokery and kettle and a bathroom. Te room was ample space and clean daily, with a note on the pillow with the thought of the day.

We had free complenentary endless supply of mulled wine which kept us warm.

Unfortunately we forgot our swimming costumes but the sauna and jaccuzi looked amazing and the gym was small but enough to use.

Location is central, easy to get to and close bu is the apresto little pizzeria with cheap, tasty food.

Amazing hotel and no complaints. Will stay again.

1  Thank Sarah E
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Dear”Sarah E”, I would like to thank you for your honorific feedback left on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you found Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments a perfect place to stay on a good value. I was also delighted to find out that your room and its amenities have met your expectations and you could take advantage of our complimentary extra touches. I do appreciate again for recommending us to other travelers and trust that you will grant us with another stay on your next occasion in Budapest.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

This is first hotel I have visited second time and I will visit it again. My first visit was in cca 2009 and I must say, now I found only good improvements. Welcome card at the table, welcome wine, free hot wine at the lift, helpful staff...those little things make you feel like you are really welcome here... Even its not directly in the room, you can ask for everything at the reception and you will have it in minute...bathrobe, slippers, extra pillow.... Great restaurants and bars are very close to the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Juraj A
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Dear”Juraj A”, I would like to thank you for sharing your excellent comment on Tripadvisor. It was a pleasure to read that you choosed to stay again at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments based upon your nice memories from your recent stay. I was also delighted to find out that you could take advantage of our small improvements and were satisfied with everything. Please let me know if I can assist you with your future reservation.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

The house keeping was horrible: they emptied our wallet (20 000 HUF).

The hotel itself is clean and realy central, they have good recomendations for tourists.

So if you go to this hotel, do not trust the employees, they have their own keys and they enter your room without knoking even if you are still inside.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
14  Thank nic n

Dear”Nic n”,Thank you for placing your comment on Tripadvisor about an experience that could not happen at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments. We value all of the guest reviews. I was disappointing to read that you discredit the hotel staff’s service and accused the housekeeping department with stealing. I kindly inform you that we are taking very serious your statement however we do not believe that it has happened here at our hotel. We strongly reject your accusation. Please note that my colleagues working at Housekeeping are reliable and part of the hotel team for long time now. Furthermore nobody reported issue like that during their stay. I hope you understand that housekeepers need to have master keys with them that open every guest doors in order to do the room cleaning. I kindly inform you that we certainly understand and accept guest statements if those are based on a real personal experience.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I have never took the time to write a review before,but this is such a wonderfull hotel with so much
attention to detail and genuine care for the costumer,that i felt i had to share this with other people thinking of staying here.I travelled with my three sisters and we stayed in a two bedroomed apartment which we had no complaints about at all.From the moment we arrived till we left we felt very wellcome and would defenitely stay here again.We found a fab resturant/bar around the corner called MOST with very affordable and delicious food!The people in this city are most helpful i have ever met anywhere and ,
I am already looking forward to my next trip to Budapest!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear”annedundalk”, I would like to thank you for sharing your honorific thoughts about your recent stay at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments on Tripadvisor. I was impressed to read your appreciate words regarding the services we provide. Your review is a real source of motivation and this is what we work for day by day. I would be absolutely delighted to accommodate you and your sisters again in the very near future.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

On our first visit to Budapest, we spent two nights at the Opera Garden and were impressed with our experience. For exploring the city, the hotel is very well located, modern and comfortable, and the staff friendly and helpful. Our room was immaculately clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was excellent. Altogether a great experience and we would definitely stay at the Opera Garden again. Congratulations and thanks to all the management and staff.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul D

Dear”Paul D”, I would like to thank you for the fantastic comment you left on Tripadvisor. It was a real pleasure to read that you found Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments a great place to stay. It also makes me feel proud to find out your commending words on our staff’s service and the buffet breakfast we provide. I was delighted to read that your room, the cleanliness and our location have met your expectations. I hope that you will grant us another visit in the near future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at the Opera Gardens Hotel. Both times in winter. Both times with teenagers in tow. This is a small but top class hotel with staff who are professional and very accommodating. It has a very comfortable feel about it , from the service, the breakfasts , the hot tub downstairs and the hot spiced wine greeting you at end of the day . Sometimes, when you are a long way from home, it is nice to find a place that feels like this.

2  Thank lorraine1997
operagardenhotel, Front Office Manager at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear”Lorraine 1997”, I would like to thank you for choosing to stay again at Opera Garden Hotel & Apartments and for taking your time to evaluate us on Tripadvisor. It was absolutely delighted to read that our services and hotel staff’s hospitality could make your stay a memorable experience. I trust that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back next winter.