“Hearty meal”

Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed August 29, 2012 via mobile

Cool little place. Great hearty food. You will walk out feeling full. We tried the duck leg- very yum with potatoes that was full of flavours. The pork belly was good but unfortunately the skin wasn't crispy as we were expecting. But all in all, good place for a meal :)

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My friends and I have eaten here twice now and the food is amazing. I cannot recommend this place highly enough! Already telling random people I run into in Budapest to eat here.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

My husband and I ate M. Restaurant last night. We've been traveling for almost 2.5 weeks and this just might be the best meal we've had. As a vegetarian I was very excited to see options on the menu. We started with a cold tomato soup-very peppery and yummy. I had an amazing mushroom risotto as my main-just a hint of cheese and the rice done perfectly. My husband had catfish, which came with a side of the risotto. He said both were delicious. Beer, wine & liquor are served.

The restaurant is intimate with a few tables outside and several more inside. The walls are covered with thin brown paper and simple black ink drawings. We loved the paper courtain over the counter.

M.Restaurant is easy to get to on the 4 or 6 tram, which stops a block or two away. There is a metro stop nearby but I'm not sure which line it is. If we have time we'll be going back.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

A wonderful restaurant in a lively neighbourhood in Pest. The hand-written menu is clearly updated regularly depending on what ingredients are available. The rabbit stew was a highlight and there was an excellent list of Hungarian wines. Service was friendly but a little slow.

Reviewed July 25, 2012

We ate here our first night in Budapest and enjoyed it so much we came back a second night! It's not a posh place but that's what makes it atmospheric - it is cosy and relaxed, and serves delicious French-Hungarian cuisine for a reasonable price (just over £30 for three courses and beverages).

The hand-written menu changes daily but offers plenty to choose from. When we ate there they were serving foie gras creme brulee which we both thought was one of the best starters we've had in a long time (if that's your sort of thing) and although we didn't try it, there's also the option of a six-course menu for 6,000 HUF. People eating there were mostly around our age (20's) and it was open on Sunday night, when we discovered many other restaurants in the area were closed. The service wasn't overly attentive, but they served us quickly and spoke great English.

All in all, it was our favourite place in Budapest - definitely recommend!