“Good Italian food, but NOT like in Italy”

The Italian Kitchen
Ranked #1,066 of 3,457 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Belváros-Lipótváros
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We are italian and although we are open to the other countries cuisine, we decided that we wanted to try italian food in another country, so we choosed this place in Budapest.

The food is good, but it depends on what you order. The Pizza price is too expansive (9 euro for a margherita?? in Italy, it's about 6 Euro, when it is expansive!). And the pizza is not the real italian one.

The pasta I order, with deer meat, mushrooms and red wine sauce: IT WAS VERY GOOD.

Then the waiter explained me that one of the chefs is italian.

Good Service as well, very kind and available to advice.

The only bad thing is that they do not have good Italian wines.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

Came here on our first night in Budapest after getting sick of walking! My partner and I both ordered pizza (Both in the region of 2500-3000 Ft) and draft beer which was reasonably priced for the area. Our mains took an exceptionally long time to come. The pizza was good overall, not the best we'd had, but then again certainly not the worst. After a few more days in Budapest, there are definitely much better places to eat in terms of food quality and price! However, the location was good, as was the outside seating area as we got to take in our surroundings and watch the world go by. I can imagine I would have been less impressed sat indoors.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

The waiter treated us like we were an inconvenience to him. The food arrived at different times. The pasta sauce tasted like it was out of a jar and I have had better frozen pizzas. It is safe to say that anywhere else is better than this place.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

We walked past this restaurant a couple of times on our wanders up and down the main street and I was keen to try. We were seated quickly outside and drinks were brought speedily.

I have no real complaints about the food. It was satisfactory and what I expect from a mid-range restaurant. We had olives and bread dipped in oil to start (which was actually a plate brought to the table where the waiter proceeded to pour the table oil and balsamic vinegar onto it along with a basket of bread!) and pizzas for our main which were ok but not the best pizza I've ever had. The service, however, was sub-par with our waiter being rather moody and all but disappeared once our mains were out so we struggled to order more drinks. We then sat for quite a while afterwards waiting to catch the waiter's eye initially for dessert although we promptly gave up and opted for our bill instead.

I noticed service charge was included, maybe this is why the service was lacking? Anyway, an average experience not to be repeated.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The food is Ok, but the terrible service at this restaurant makes it impossible to enjoy the food. We wated for almost an our until the food came. We complained about it and the answer we got from the waiter was that this was not his fault, he did not cook the food only served it.

When we left the place the waiter said to us, thank you for coming and THANK YOU FOR LEAVING