“Clean and tidy but poorly located”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Actor Hotel

Actor Hotel
Ranked #249 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
London, United Kingdom
“Clean and tidy but poorly located”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

Stayed at the Actor hotel for four days this month with my husband. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and left on a Tuesday lunchtime. The hotel is situated in an out of town area of Budapest , a good 30 mins walk from the town centre. However we eventually discovered the underground station was 10 minutes walk away.. The staff were not very helpful in that respect ! It was a case of find out for yourself. The hotel itself is clean and tidy and the breakfast we ate adequate. I would not recommend this hotel to a friend because of the distance from the main attractions of Budapest.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

I traveled on business to Hungary last month and unfortunately this was one of the hotels I had booked on due to proximity to the company I was visitng. So I take a train from Szeged and drive to the hotel with one of my colleagues and I get told that they don't have a room for me since the hotel is overbooked! I don't think these guys understand the meaning of a "booking" or a "reservation". If they did, I would have had a room and not have to go around searching for another hotel esp. when I was down with fever and cold. Instead, these guys put me in another hotel (Ramada) and I end up in really tiny smoking room. Unable to bear the smell, I called expedia who were kind enough to book me in a different hotel. So I literally went from hotel to hotel at 10 PM with 2 bags and the staff was not apologetic about this whole thing! Stay away if you can because these guys don't know the meaning of customer service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Budapest hotels

Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2009

This hotel opened a month before our stay and they had just put up the room numbers! We were on a short family trip to Budapest and didn't regret our choice of hotel. Our room was spacy with an extra double bed (convertible sofa) for our two boys of 4 and 6 years of age. The interior decoration tasteful, with a big flat-screen TV. Nice bathroom with a big shower. Two modern lifts bring you up inside a 6-floor high beautiful interior atrium. The breakfast a dream with simply everything you could desire. The staff very helpful and smiling.
The location is a bit south of the city centre but only 10 minutes walk from the Klinikák metro station (4 stops from Deak Square in downtwon Budapest) which lies on the main road to the airport. This also means that it's fast to get to and from the airport by taxi. The hotel is within walking distance of the Danube and of Ráday utca with the biggest concentration of restaurants and bistros in town.
The price of the room is very reasonable for a European capital. Next time we are in Budapest we know where to stay!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank genevadane
Travelers also viewed these Budapest hotels
Leonardo Hotel Budapest
Marmara Hotel Budapest
Marmara Hotel Budapest
#98 of 342 in Budapest
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,312 reviews

Been to Actor Hotel? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Actor Hotel

Property: Actor Hotel
Address: Viola utca 10-14., Budapest 1094, Hungary (Formerly Actor Business Hotel)
Location: Hungary > Central Hungary > Budapest
Bar / Lounge Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Wheelchair access
Ranked #249 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Hotel Class:4 star — Actor Hotel 4*
Actor Hotel Budapest enjoys a peaceful location close to the Danube river and Petőfi bridge, just blocks away from the Grand Boulevard. Klinikák metro station (M3 line) and the main tram line (No. 4-6) are only 500 m away.We ensure free transfer from and to the airport on prior request in case of minimum 3 nights continuous stay. This service is available between: 7:00-22:00 everyday. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Actor Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.