Actor Hotel
Hotel Thomas(Budapest)
City Inn(Budapest)
Fraser Residence Budapest(Budapest)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscentral areapleasant stayrooms are largetaxisparfiatrium
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel is a good value for money. It is quite simple, but very clean. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The food is quite simple, especially the evening meal. Overall a very nice stay though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

Dear A J,

Thank you for taking the time to post a short, positive review about your recent stay with us. Everyone here at Actor Hotel Budapest would like to thank you for your nice comments about their work. All of our wonderful staff members work hard to ensure that our guests leaves with a feeling of satisfaction and i'm happy to see we were able to deliver it in your case.

We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Arrived to hotel and thought I had entered a youth club. Approx 30+ Children aged between 12-17 screaming, running havoc, riding continually up and down the glass lifts to the amusement of their friends. I complained immediately and not one member of staff was prepared to tell the children to stop! UNBELIEVABLE!! Half hour passed before their schoolteacher finally shouted at them and order was somewhat restored, I strongly believe the staff should have intervened earlier. Secondly, weather was in 70's, yet the hotel "hadn't yet switched the air con system on" (was still on the "heating" system!) so the room was stiflingly hot and no effort made to turn it on even! Thirdly, whilst there was a mirror in the bathroom, the room had NO MIRRORS - not helpful when you are getting ready to go out. We asked for one to be put in the room, but this request was ignored. Finally, at least 2 of the front doors had smashed windows, neither of which had any tape over them as a precaution. If you go to breakfast at 9.30am (finishes at 10am) expect it all to be cold.

Room Tip: Get one on the highest floors as you can as you will need to sleep with the balcony doors open as they don't turn the air con on in the hotel when it is needed. So there's less chance of you being burgled during the night!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such a detailed review about your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to hear about the issues you experienced during your stay with us. Please kindly allow me to respond to all of them.
Unfortunately one of our tour operator partner did not notify us correctly about their group members ages (as you mentioned they were all under 18 and most of them where under 17), otherwise we wouldn't accept their accommodation request. At least now i can ensure that other student group will not stay in our hotel.
However i'm sadly read that my colleagues didn't do their best effort as normally they do to try to make your stay even more comfortable and without any distractions.

The weather was so unpredictable before your stay that it didn't allow us to make the right decision on when to turn it on the air condition, therefore it could happen that during your stay (17-20th of April) your room average temperature was a bit higher than you used to have (23-26 °C or 73-78 °F, because the system was still on the heating mode as you mentioned regarding that during the night the average temperature was still around 8-10 °C). Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I'm glad to inform you that we have already switched on the air condition after the nice weather (summer time) finally arrived (and the temperature remained continuously high).

Just for the record i would like to mention that first time ever we celebrated the Easter (end of March-first days of April) with 15-20 cm snow. Thanks to this unexpected occasion instead of snowmen the children made "snow bunnies":). The temperature stayed low between 10-18 °C until 15-17th of April and then from one day to the other it raised to 21-24 °C. We welcome guests everyday from all over the world, understanding that, you can measure that it is hard to meet expectations for each different person that could be more used to cold weather or hot weather. I am truly sorry again that we couldn't meet your temperature expectation on your stay.

Regarding the smashed front door's window i would like to clarify that it's made from laminated glass, therefore no need to tape around for precaution as it really can not brake in pieces and it is still perfectly able to insure its protection function. We have some difficulties with our insurance company therefore we couldn't replace it to a new one yet, but i truly hope it will happen as soon as possible.

Please accept again my apologies and I sincerely hope that you will grant us another opportunity to welcome you back to Actor Hotel and to prove that our mission is to provide high quality services.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great staff, very helpful and friendly and very patient since I lost my room key several times and they always made another one with a friendly smile!! modern hotel with clean and spacious rooms, close to the city center ( about 5minutes with a taxi), good breakfast! Would definitely stay again on a visit to Budapest!

• Stayed: April 2013
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear pro v,

I'm very happy that you decided to stay with us and you enjoyed your stay so much. Providing exceptional customer service is one of our top priorities, therefore i'm especially glad to hear that you had such a positive experience. I will definitely pass your comments to our front desk team.

I'm pleased to know that you would stay with us again and i certainly hope you do!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Spend a worderful weekend! The hotel is located close to the city centre. Rooms are spacious and clean. Staff is friendly and cooperative, willing to help us at any time. In my next visit to Budapest I will certainly stay again there!

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear MichalPa,

We are honoured to be your first reviewed hotel and we do love your comments about our location, rooms, staff and of course the 5 star rating. Thank you.
I'm delighted to read your promise to stay with us again, whenever visiting Budapest and i certainly hope you do!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great hotel, Mr and Mrs Kovats are the best... great breakfast, clean rooms... the balkony we had was also amazing... very friendly people. No noises from other rooms, great matress to sleep. The location was also very good. There was a mini market at the corner of the street that was open till late, a nice pub and a great burger place all within 50 m from the hotel. Overall a great choice for us, a bunch of 18 people that we all had the same opinion about the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Naso,

Thank you very much for this outstanding review! I'm glad to know that you enjoyed a comfortable stay with us. I'm happy to read that you were able to appreciate the convenience of our location. Please kindly allow me to share the pub's name: Maestro Café & Pub and the burger's name: The Black Cab Burger to help our future guests identify them.

I'm so glad your group found us and i can’t wait to have all of you back!