“Fabulous”

Ranked #248 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
UNited Kingdom
“Fabulous”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed in the Actor for three nights. Hosts were amazing and really looked after our every need. Great spot near some nice pubs and cafes and very clean inside. Facilities were good with nice sized rooms.Excellent rates too.

We thought the Front of House Manager ( Kovatz or Kosovo ) was especially attentive and he went out of his way to get taxis or to provide us with a recommendation for food and facilities in teh area. Highly recommend a stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Not sure if there was a gym or a pool ( as i was out enjoying the city during my stay )
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Ceri,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share such kind words about your stay at Actor Hotel Budapest. It is our pleasure to satisfy our guests and even to surprise them. I am glad that you appreciated our services. I'm still trying to find out from where it came to you to give me the nickname of Kosovo, but if it's easier for you to call me like that, i will accept it :).

Thank you for the recommendation!

We would be pleased to welcome you again in our hotel!

Konstantin Kovats

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

A great two nights spent here . Ideal location! Rooms were very spacious, modern and clean. Staff were friendly and professional and could not do more to make us feel welcome. 100% recommend this hotel for your next visit!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Dear gemmac83,

I would like to thank you for your very kind words about our hotel. I'm extremely glad to read that you were fully satisfied with our services. Many thanks for 100 % recommending our hotel.

It is our delight to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you again at Actor Hotel Budapest!

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 18, 2013

We arrived to find the hotel full of noisy foreign students. There was no restaurant service available unless we wanted the set meal being prepared for the students (some boring pasta dish)so we had to go out looking for supper as soon as we had checked in. Very little choice in nearby district. The room was NOT soundproof and the students didn't go to bed all night!
The second day we got back to find water coming through the ceiling in the shower room, (which they said they knew about) yet we were not offered a new room until the following morning when water had started coming into the bedroom too!
In both rooms the plug on the wash basin was not working. The twin beds were not fastened together, so they moved apart in the night. There were no facilities for making tea etc in the rooms and we didn't see the bar open all the time we were there. We didn't try the restaurant again, but there appeared to be a choice of 3 uninspired set menus only, not the charcoal grill etc advertised.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Mary,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am really sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay for the most part and we failed to provide you excellent service during your first Budapest visit.

I would also like to apologise for the issue with the restaurant on your arrival day. Usually we have 3 weekly set menus (Chef offers) as you wrote and a regular seasonal á la carte menu card which you can always find on our website. Anyway i've forwarded your criticism to our executive Chef to ensure that corrective actions are already in place.

We couldn't provide you immediately a new room as normally we do in such circumstances because we were fully booked on your 1st two nights without any other option left for us. As soon as one of our room released we offered you free upgrade to a Superior one as a small compensation for the inconvenience caused.

At least i'm glad to inform you that we have already fixed the plug on the wash basin. Thank you once again for calling our attention to it.

Please accept again my deepest apologies and hope you will give us an other chance to prove that our mission is to provide high quality service to our wonderful guests.

Konstantin Kovats

Travelers are raving about these Budapest hotels

Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed February 21, 2013

We just got back from Actor hotel yesterday and had a really good experience.

The staff at the hotel was really helpful, all our questions got answered and wishes fulfilled. Before the trip, I was planning a surprise dinner to my boyfriend on the arrival - thank you, Konstantine, for a smooth and fast communication - the dinner was great!

The free shuttle to and from the airport is the best - no hassle whatsoever + it was a quick, 20min drive.

On the arrival, it was quite dark - most of the lights in the reception and around were not on (to save money?) and it didn't feel that welcoming. In the morning, it was much better and we could see it all.

Breakfast is nice with a good variety and one morning we ordered it to our room with no extra cost. Also, ironing was done on our request.

A great location - by metro, max 7min and you are in the center or by tram (which stop is even closer).

Eventhough we asked for a courtyard view which got confirmed by Konstantin, we did not get it, which was okay, as we weren't in the hotel that much anyway. Also, if you have a tablet, not a PC, then try to get a room closer to the router (so the connection is more stable).
A great spacious rooms with huge beds and big showers!

A lot of little shops and eating places around, on both right and left sides when leaving the hotel.

Thank you, Konstantin, and all the other staff - we had a great 5 nights stay and will definitely come back! :)

Room Tip: around the elevator where the router is
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Greete,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Actor Hotel. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your dining experience and your stay with us.

Please accept my deepest apologies for not receiving the requested room with courtyard view and let me provide you with an explanation of why. Accidentally the advance reserved room by me got a shower renovation early morning on your arrival day and unfortunately the ink drying time was much longer than it supposed to be and we expected, therefore my colleague had to reallocate you to an other room before half hour of your expected arrival. The remained free rooms with courtyard view were on the top floor (only rooftop rooms with small windows, which are not perfect for long stays like yours and for having a romantic candlelight dinner in it), therefore as a second option she gave you a Superior room (free upgrade) on the 5th floor away from all the other rooms to be as quiet as possible. I would like to apologize again for any inconvenience this may caused you. It certainly does not reflect the standards in which we pride ourselves here.

I am glad you will be back again, hopefully we will see you soon!

Didcot, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed in a triple room which was spacious and warm with a nice bathroom. The buffet breakfast was excellent and the reception staff helpful and friendly. Great location - about 5 mins walk from the nearest metro stop, less than a minute to a 24 hour supermarket and a really nice bar/coffee bar.

Room Tip: Our triple room was lovely.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear family3,

I appreciate you taking the time to provide such a positive feedback on your recent stay. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the service, the room, the location and you loved your stay with us.

We truly hope to see you again soon!

Warm Regards,
cambridge
Reviewed January 25, 2013

A large group of us stayed at the Actor Hotel whilst in Budapest for a sports event. Hotel staff were friendly and flexible, accommodating our various needs with rooms, food, bar and printing out boarding passes for flights.

Rooms comfortable and warm, even though it was very cold outside. I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear Julie,

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us and sharing your thoughts and experiences with the Tripadvisor Community.
It's an absolute pleasure to provide services to gracious, wonderful people like you :). Our staff takes great pride in making sure our guests have a remarkable experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We visited Hotel Actor in September 2012 and were not happy with quite a few issues during our stay. We had a very positive immediate response from Konstantin Kovorts, Online Sales Manager of Hotel Actor who promised to rectify the situation and we communicated on several occasions via email. I would like to add that I am pleased with the outcome and would definitely stay at Hotel Actor again in the future. Unfortunately I could not update the situation immediately, I had to wait until three months had expired. With best wishes to Konstantin.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Joan,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write an update about your stay after 3 months of your original review. I'm glad to see that i could manage to turn your thoughts and memories a bit to positive from negative about our hotel and it means a lot to me that you are considering to stay with us again in the future.

I truly hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Actor Hotel Budapest for a perfect stay.

I wish you all the best.