“Hotel was value for money”
Review of Actor Hotel

Actor Hotel
Ranked #254 of 332 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed December 17, 2012

I went with friends and liaised with the hotel for the free transfer by email. Communication was prompt and had no trouble to get to hotel. Rooms were spacious and clean. They was no kettle in the room and the nice lady at reception gave me a thermos of hot water. I would get this every night and felt it had become a chore for the staff. The last few days there was a lot of noise at night so it was difficult to sleep. (There was a lot of students about) I complained one night at 2am as there was lots of noise in the upstairs room. Chairs were also being dragged and it was impossible to sleep. If you go towards the right from front of hotel the city centre is closer to walk to as opposed to going the other way. The metro was close by but did not take euros. There are many eating places. From noodles to kebabs. Went to a place in the city centre and paid a lot more for not so good food. It was very cold in December but there are some amazing places to see. The hop on is a great means of travel and to see most places it also offers the boat ride. One has to be careful with taxi's as well. The price can vary considerably. The market is best place to buy gifts. Shops are expensive. some people are not willing to help so don't be surprised.

• Stayed: December 2012
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Dear M9shy,

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Actor Hotel Budapest.
I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with your room and found it spacious and clean.

Sometimes we are forced to accept student group request, unfortunately during your stay we chose the wrong, loud one as it turned out. I'm really sorry to hear that you had a couple of disturbed nights and therefore you couldn't sleep and refresh yourself well. Please accept my deepest apologies for any inconvenience this matter has caused you. Rest assured that it’s not a regular occurrence – and even less so during the night. I truly hope next time you can enjoy the true peacefulness of the hotel.

Thanks for having stayed with us, and we look forward to welcoming you back for a perfect stay in the near future.

Warmest regards,

There are newer reviews for Actor Hotel

Reviewed December 14, 2012

We loved Budapest and the hotel and had a very enjoyable time. The food was amazing, we researched on trip advisor beforehand and every meal was very nice, some amazing. (trofea grills/cafe gianmario (careful their pepperoni is peppers) u26 bistro and Ket Szerecsen were amazing and cheap you have to go there if in Budapest. We want to return sometime in the future so if we do we shall stay with Actor again after a great stay and the free airport shuttle ;) special Thanks to Konstantin (Hotel Manager) for the john bull pub to watch my football team as that was literally the only place showing it, i was searching all week in every pub i see so thank you very much to you and everyone at Actor. Hopefully we will see you sometime in the future.

best regards

Ritchie & Kat

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Ritchie & Kat,

I’m very happy to read such a wonderful feedback from your visit last November. Our goal is to provide each guest with exceptional service and to ensure that each and every guest stay with us is a most pleasant and memorable one. I am delighted to learn that we are headed on the right path.

Thank you for taking your valuable time to write this comment and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Actor Hotel Budapest in the not too distant future.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Visit to this hotel was very enjoyable. There was only one person at the front desk but was very helpful in checking us in and also took care of our baggage as well. I assume she was the manager or owner. Room and everything was good.
Only thing to complain is that when we checked our early morning around 5 am. We ask the guy working at the front desk if there is any coffee available to drink. He said he can make for us and he did. Then he ask about in US $ 4 for a cup of coffee and I was surprised. If I know if this coffee is was for $4 I would have skip it, I thought it was free the way he was offering. I think it is my fault as well that I did not make sure before asking.
Other than this everything was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

We truly appreciate receiving your positive review of Actor Hotel Budapest on Tripadvisor, especially after 1 year of your stay with us. It's wonderful to see that you still remember to us and took your time to grant us with your kind words.
I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the misunderstanding with my colleague at the front desk regarding the coffee offer. Just for the record let me correct you that the US $ 4 was for 2 cup of coffee (one cup of coffee cost in our hotel 450 HUF which is around $ 2).

We are very pleased to know that you had an excellent and enjoyable stay with us.

I and our staff wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and we look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 22, 2012

Fantastic hotel and friendly helpfull staff - all you need to is ask and they are more than happy to help.

Before we even arrived in the hotel the customer service provided by Konstantin was fantastic! I emailed to reconfirm my online booking and arrange an airport transfer and within an hour I had a friendly welcoming response. What a brilliant first impression.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were promply checked in and when we opened the door to our room it was immaculate and very spacious.

To walk to the city centre does take about half an hour so make sure the first thing you do is get a metro pass from the hotel reception. The nearest metro station is only a 10 min walk and you can zip around the city with ease. It might be an idea for reception staff upon check in to offer some advice on the metro and the passes available.

I must say a huge thank you to Eva who kindly called helped us figure out which McDonalds we had left our bag with brand new hats in (our own fault for grabbing a quick bite to eat before catching a tour bus!!). Eva called the McDonalds on our behalf and had the bag put to one side so we collect it.

All in all a fantastic hotel with friendly staff only too willing to help.

Dear Gill,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.
It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we met your high expectations during your stay in our Actor Hotel Budapest.
It is truly an honor for me to read that you found my customer service to be fantastic, i highly appreciate it.

Regarding your idea about the metro and the passes available in Budapest i'm happily inform you that i've already set up a brochure with all the information that a tourist needs. It's available for everyone at the reception. I truly hope it will help for our future guests and also our reception staff to give advice.

I have passed on your thanks to Éva and shared your kind words with the rest of the team here in the hotel.

I wish you a Merry Christmas and I hope that you both return to us on your next trip to our beautiful city Budapest.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

We've been in Budapest from November 16th - 18th for a city tour and booked online this hotel with a special rate, without reading any recommendation...as we planned to see the city and to go shopping we wanted cheapest but nice place for stay...and this was that place...modern hotel with very kind staff who fluently speaks English...Our room was spacious and clean, double bed with working table, make up table with big mirror, sofa and 2 armchairs, fully equipped bathroom and room climate control, big flat screen...though you can watch tv if you know Hungarian or Spanish, as all channels are in Hungarian except TVE...and there is a laptop sized safe...they have small underground parking...the hotel is on the Pest side and only few minutes away from metro blue line, 4 stations from center of the city..every recommendation for this hotel

Room Tip: Hotel is in urban and very quiet quarter, so every room is quiet and peaceful...

Dear Borisav,

Thank you so much for your very kind feedback. Reviews such as yours without a doubt delight us and gives us confidence to keep working hard to satisfy our customers and improve our services.

I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we could fulfill your expectations during your stay at Actor Hotel Budapest.

I wish you a wonderful Christmas and hope to see you again soon in the near future.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

6 female friends staying for the first time in Budapest for 3 nights.26-28 Oct. 12. We picked this hotel based on TA reviews and experienced exactly what was said previously by other visitors. Very clean, spacious rooms, hairdryers, Warm. Comfy beds etc. Very helpful at reception, great breakfast choice. The hotel offered an inclusive airport pickup from the airport if staying 3nights or more. (Advertised on the Hotels website) and for a very reasonable price they also took us back. Despite previous comments, as 6 women we felt safe in the area walking together to the metro or trams. both a short walk. Definitely recommend the Goulash soup at the hotel. We also found some good places to eat locally, particularly the Mester (turn right out of hotel, to main rd, turn right, cross over and some way up with wooden shack for further seating outside) and same but further on up to main junction cross over, walk ahead in same direction and its on your left a great italian trattoria Benicia. The shower heads as mentioned by others were an issue but everything else was great. We would stay at the Actor again.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hubs67
Konstantin K, Guest Relations Manager at Actor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you for taking your valuable time to post your review of Actor Hotel Budapest on Tripadvisor.
I'm extremely happy to read that you and your friends had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found your room to be very comfortable. Thank you also for your comment on our breakfast offering, it's great to see that we could improve it in the right way. It will be a great pleasure also to share your kind remarks of Goulash soup with our Chef.
It is also fabulous to read that you were satisfied with the location and found it safe, especially as a woman.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback with us, and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Actor Hotel Budapest in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

Good very clean hotel reasonably approx 10 to 15 minutes walk to the metro and the trams.good spacious rooms shower and toilet in excellent condition.Continental breakfast good variety.Liked their bacon and sausages.Staff friendly,knowledgeable and helpful.
No complaints and enjoyed my stay there.
Would i recommend it absolutely.

Room Tip: Rooms seem to be of similar quality.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for such a positive feedback about your recent stay with us! I'm happy to read you praising words of our hotel's facilities,services and staff! It will be a great pleasure to share your kind remarks with them. It is great that we managed to contribute to a memorable experience.

I hope that we will have an opportunity of welcoming you back to Actor Hotel Budapest very soon.