“some good some bad”

Ranked #249 of 342 Hotels in Budapest
Bucharest
“some good some bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in November 2010. We came after a 1000km drive and mostly on "vi/lage"/national roads. It was recommended by a colleague from work due to its nice appearance and being close to our office. We got there at 8 in the evening, plenty of luggage. Left the car in the holte parking for 13E/day.
Took the room key and surprise: the sheets from the bed weren't change, the bed was done (neated) but that was all. Everything else was ok, but not this. Asked the reception lady to come change those, but not possible (the cleaning service was available only during the mornings, asked for sheets myself to change those - not possible). We packed the luggage back again and moved to a new room where the bath has something - cannot recall what, so at the end we visited a 3rd room in which the heating wasn't working. We came to an agreement that we will stay in the 3rd room and the nect morning someone will come fix it.
Breakfast: it was served in the restaurant, with some options of cheese and meat, and some sweets too. In the next day we were moved to the a little room which served probably for clerk desk or something as it was really really small, and the breakfast not as grnerous as in the previous day. Tried to drink some coffee but that even tasted like tea, and I had to make a big fuss over it to get a proper coffee to drink in the morning.
Bad points for: staff other then receptionist not at all polite, or trained to talk to a customer. Only limited knowledge of English, enough to get the basic info I needed. Rooms are nicely equiped (comfy beds, large rooms, nice bathrooms, etc), but probably not well maintained due to lazy staff.
Good points: floor heating - was nice as it was November and snowing and our shoes were hot in the morning. In comparison to other hotel I stayed in Budapest it worths while for 10-15 euros more if you don't have a long stay there.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Mire84

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed four nights in Actor hotel in August.

The room was spacious and very clean. The staff was frendly and everything went fine apart from the occasional misunderstanding in english.

We have not tried the breakfast but there is a bakery open everyday and a 24h convenient store round the corner.

The only inconvenient thing is that it is off the main visiting area. The nearest metro station is less than 10 minutes walking away.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2011

We stayed here for jut over 2 weeks.. It was a pleasant stay and very friendly with staff who spoke many languages ... If i go back to Budapest i would stay here again I reccomend this hotel and give it 9 out of 10 for almost everything..

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank ellie2005116a
Saint-Petersburg, Rossia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2011

Describe the service you experienced
Tell us how you liked the room
Talk about the location & amenities
Say what you liked best & least

Room Tip: To me have shown all rooms. All of them very pure
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank minatavr
Swieqi, Malta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2011

Our room at the Actor Hotel had a good sized LCD screen, minibar, sofa; The room was large and very clean, together with the bathroom. One issue with the LCD TV was that out of 55 channels, 50 are in Hungarian, 2 in English, 1 French, 1 Spanish and 1 Chinese! Would have liked more channels in English... Breakfast was good, ranging from sausages, bacon and eggs to muesli and fruits. Hotel is far from the city centre but there is a metro stop about 10 minutes away. Besides, a taxi from the hotel to the centre cost us approx 1,200Ft or 6 Euro - not too much. Staff were always efficient, very polite and helpful.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

Stayed at the Actor hotel for four days this month with my husband. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon and left on a Tuesday lunchtime. The hotel is situated in an out of town area of Budapest , a good 30 mins walk from the town centre. However we eventually discovered the underground station was 10 minutes walk away.. The staff were not very helpful in that respect ! It was a case of find out for yourself. The hotel itself is clean and tidy and the breakfast we ate adequate. I would not recommend this hotel to a friend because of the distance from the main attractions of Budapest.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2009

I traveled on business to Hungary last month and unfortunately this was one of the hotels I had booked on due to proximity to the company I was visitng. So I take a train from Szeged and drive to the hotel with one of my colleagues and I get told that they don't have a room for me since the hotel is overbooked! I don't think these guys understand the meaning of a "booking" or a "reservation". If they did, I would have had a room and not have to go around searching for another hotel esp. when I was down with fever and cold. Instead, these guys put me in another hotel (Ramada) and I end up in really tiny smoking room. Unable to bear the smell, I called expedia who were kind enough to book me in a different hotel. So I literally went from hotel to hotel at 10 PM with 2 bags and the staff was not apologetic about this whole thing! Stay away if you can because these guys don't know the meaning of customer service.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Budapest hotels