“This is Jewel in central Budapest”

Budapest Panorama Central
Ranked #105 of 335 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I happened upon this hotel after staying in a rather dodgy place out near the bus terminal. This hotel is brand new (thrid floor of a typical older building), and is quality throughout. Extremely nice paint job and beautiful ceramic tile everywhere. Bathroom is beautiful and has a jacuzzi!! The room is large (really a suite) and in case you and your partner can't agree, there are 2 TV's in the room.

The place is immaculate and judging by the staff I met, it will stay that way. Security is terrific, not just the "pretend" stuff you find at many hotels. The desk manager watches several cameras all the time so nothing will happen in the hallways that she doesn't know about.

The hotel is very central in Budapest and the metro is only half a block away. Price was very reasonable--actually, a lot cheaper that I would have thought.

Highly recommended for a VERY clean, safe, central, economical, room with very friendly and accommodating staff.

Room Tip: Check as many traveller reviews as you can. There will always be some bad ones (you can't pleas...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank flyer9999

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Very cosy and clean hotel. Great location and metro station just outside the door. Food tastey and the staff very helpful. Would definitely recommend it to a friend. The only negative I would say, and it still didn't diminish my enjoyment of the place, was that my room was beside the reception door entrance so if you happened to be a light sleeper you may wake when the electric gate closes. Still a lovely stay and great value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Just back from a 5 day trip to Budapest and luckily got booked into this hotel. Don't be put off when you first arrive as the hotel is actually on the third floor. We pre booked a taxi with the hotel to pick us up from the airport and it cost us a set fee of 7800 f( about £25) but as we didn't land until 11pm and didn't fancy trying to find the hotel at that time of night. When we landed the taxi driver was already waiting there for us with a sign with my name on it and he was dressed in shirt, tie and trousers, he didn't look like a normal cabbie we have here. The hotel only uses City Taxis and they are really good. The return taxi cost us 5800 as this didn't include any waiting time. The hotel was small, clean and tidy and the reception staff spoke excellent English and were pleasant and helpful. The wifi in the room is really fast and we didn't have any problems using skype to video call back home. The hotel is in a central location not far from the river and the only time we used the Metro was to get to the Puskas Stadium to watch the international match but we walked back to the hotel after the game. The hotel is in the Jewish area of the city and we felt safe walking around there even at 1am. The hotel doesn't offer any breakfast but there are enough places within a 2 minute walk where you can eat. Overall its a great location for the price and would go back again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed October 18, 2012

This is a really good hotel, very satisfied with the room I got and the services provided, as well as the location. For what I paid I am very happy, the only reason that I am not giving a better mark is due to the lock at the entrence door that makes a high pitch sound when the key is not properly taken out. This happened to wake me up once and at two occasion on a stay of 6 days I had to solve the problem myself by turning the lock to its proper position.

This is by all means the only negative experience I had. The room was of high standard, clean, and soundproof. My bathroom had a bubble bath, two single beds, one couch, 2 desks and chairs as well as two small tv monitors and a wardrobe (not of any use). I did miss a small fridge/minibar, but the reception was open 24/7 and they could store desired drinks for me, sadly when I used this commodity I ended up forgetting my orange juice and left without it.

At the reception they have both hot and cold water, instant coffee and tea as well as some biscuits. The people who worked there spoke good English and was very helpful, one of the girls even bothered to send me an email with some information that I asked for.

In total I would give this 4 of 5 stars, and I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is my first time review and I have been compelled to write after my recent visit to Budapest. I had read the reviews mentioning the entrance to the hotel etc - but in my defence I had not expected what befell us on arriving at the hotel, the entrance to the - ill lit hall and lift that terrified the bravest of us was the start , you then get off the lift on the third floor and are buzzed in through iron gates - spooky , what we met after that was a different story.

The staff are welcoming and the small reception warm and cosy, the suites of rooms (they had in their former life been communist apartments) are warm, well decorated and clean oh so clean. I have never as I said written a review before, but the Panorama central should be reviewed, it is a lovely place to stay and I can only highly recommend it - to any future tourists who wish to be in the centre of Budapest and within easy reach of every form of transport. I hope that this review encourages people to try this lovely little family hotel a must for travellers.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2012 via mobile

The food was excellent. About the same price as Ireland¡!!!!!!¡ but well worth the visit. I love Hungarian Goulash but it is not as nice as my Irish Stew!!!! The weather was lovely, so we could sit outside.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Sheila312
Reviewed October 1, 2012

this hotel is in the centre of budapest ,its only 5mins walk from the main metro and bus hub for budapest,we stayed here for 6 nights and found the staff very helpful and the hotel has a good level of cleanliness, we would have given it an excellent review if it hadnt been for a chipped and cracked sink in our bathroom

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple