“Entrance is very off putting, but pleasant oasis”

Budapest Panorama Central
Ranked #104 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed October 26, 2011

The hotel is situated less than ten minutes walk from Vaci, the main shopping street in Budapest, and is a convenient 2 minute walk from two 'hop on, hop off' bus tours. Unfortunately arriving at Budapest Panorama Central is enough to put you off Budapest, let alone the hotel - especially when arriving on a Sunday afternoon. The large wooden doors were closed, the shops nearby were closed too, and despite spending ten minutes pressing the buzzer, we weren't let into the building until we telephone reception (expensive on a foreign mobile). Entering the corridor and into a rickety elevator, we were more concerned that we had booked into a flea pit hovel of our worst imagination. Fortunately our fears were needless; the hotel is lovely, tiled throughout with carpet runners and large carpet rugs in the bedrooms, modern bathrooms, flat screen tvs, internet access (free of charge) in all rooms, and tea and coffee facilities in the reception area. The staff were all friendly and helpful, fluent in English, and nothing was any trouble. The two rooms we had, 9 and 10, both looked out onto a courtyard, and we had restful nights sleep on comfortable twin beds.
Breakfast is outsourced and served across the road in the Bocodilla(sp?) cafe, and is a sandwhich or pastrie with a hot drink; sadly the poor service, limited availability and small venue meant we didnt return on the second morning.
I would certainly recommend the hotel to friends and family.

Hint: if arriving by train, there is a set price for transfers of 2,500 florints - we were scammed and paid 6,000 florints.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 17, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a couple weeks while visiting family in Budapest and were very pleasantly surprised. The entrance to the building and the staircase up to the hotel is a bit worse for wear, but don't let that worry you. Its a very safe building and the hotel is immaculately designed inside. The receptionists were very helpful and the rooms were gorgeous. We got our own whirlpool tub, kitchen and sitting area. The breakfast in our room every morning was fantastic. Good size portions and lots of options. Most importantly you CAN NOT beat the value for this price!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I stayed here for two nights in September. All I can say is that I had an excellent stay.

At first, looking at the building I was terrified and was thinking that I had made a big mistake in booking a room at this hotel. This is a small hotel on the 3rd floor of an old building on Karol Korut. And when I saw the rickety lift, I just wanted to go look for alternative accommodation.

But when I reached the reception, my views changed completely. They let me check in early which was a blessing since I was very tired after an overnight train journey from Berlin. All the members of the staff were very friendly - especially Dorka. The room was spacious and well decorated and bathrooms spotless. I couldn't have asked for more at this price. Also, there are complementary drinks (tea, coffee) available 24 hrs. The hotel itself is highly secured and I didn't have to worry even though the building seemed quite old.

Also, the location is a great plus. It is located in the heart of Pest and is literally walking distance from many attractions. There are lot of places to eat around as well and there is a doner shop right opposite the road which is open until late.

I had a great stay and thanks for the hospitality!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Kagzi
Reviewed October 6, 2011

I stayed here with my girlfriend, who is Hungarian, and we couldn't have wished for a more pleasant place to stay. It was so conveinient for the Underground and trams and the local Irish Pub, Jack Doyles, where you can get a decent pint of Guinness and good value meals. We stayed for a week and had a fantastic time. It was a great central location to explore all the sights of Budapest and our room overlooked the central courtyard so it wasn't too noisy. I will re-itterate what has been said by other reviewers don't be put off by the street entrance, just remember the old adage, don't judge a book by it's cover. The breakfast was acceptable and there was a choice of two cafes to select from.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2011

We recently stayed here for 3 nights. First impressions were a bit unsure as the entrance to the building appears to be quite dilapidated. However once we travelled up the lift to the third floor where the hotel is located it was like walking into another world. This hotel was very peaceful with clean very comfortable rooms and little extras such as a welcome bottle of wine along with tea, coffee, biscuits,lollies and water in the reception area. Wifi is free as well. The hotel is well located and easy walking through the old town. The staff are friendly and helpful and even did our washing for us for minimal price.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 31, 2011

If you are a smart traveler and would rather spend your money on other things than a room. This is one of the best choices in Budapest. Location is perfect, metro and tram are about less than a minute away. Most of the attractions and river are within 1-20 minutes walk, Rooms are clean, large, with AC, and quite, Breakfast is in a cafe across the street - choice of 4-5 sandwich and beverage, very friendly and helpful mgr (Dorka) and staff. Free internet, water, coffee/tea, and cookies. Do let the entrance disappoint you it is very safe place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank trips080
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I went to Budapest with my 14-year-old sister, it was her first time in Budapest, so I wanted to book a hotel in center. The location is just perfect, although it's a bit noisy at night.
I booked a superior double room (3 nights), just because it has Jacuzzi. The room was big and very, very clean! The receptionist (Dorka) was very friendly.
Breakfast is delicious and make sure you try their homemade lemonade.

I would definitely stay here again and I've already recommended it to a friend. :)

Room Tip: Room overlooking the street is noisy at night, make sure to ask a different one if that bothers you.