“Fantastic Bistro in the heart of Budapest”
Review of Borsso Bistro

Borsso Bistro
Ranked #37 of 3,108 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: French, European, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Description: A cozy and charming bistro in the heart of Budapest. French-hungarian cuisine, excellent reviews about the kitchen and the presence of the owners all the time. Live jazz music every weekend!
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Bistro in the heart of Budapest”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

We went to Borsso Bistro on our first night in Budapesto and were really impressed. It had a lovely atmosphere, delicious food and superb staff. It was fairly expensive for Budapest, but the quality of the food and service reflected that.

The Bistro was warm and welcoming, and being quite small felt very intimate. There were live jazz guitarists strumming away through the evening, which really added to the lovely ambiance.

The food was top quality, and I would expect to pay a lot more for a similar standard of meal back in the uk. I had braised beef cheeks, which just melted in the mouth, with a deeply flavoured gravy, alongside a creamy and deliciously prepared gratin of potatoes.

My wife had a pike and hollandaise sauce with prawn risotto. Pike isn't something we eat a lot of in the uk, but at Borsso it was cooked expertly, and the hollandaise complimented it well, adding richness and depth to the subtle fish. The prawn risotto was moist and velvety, with and was a great accompaniment to the pike.

We were also brought a number of little dishes to try between courses compliments of the chef, which were a lovely surprise and tasted great.

The waiting staff were very friendly and really helpful, being fluent in English and more than willing to chat through dishes on the menu. They were also highly attentive, keeping an eye on our drinks and topping them up whenever necessary!

If you are looking for a high quality french-inspired restaurant in the heart of Budapest, then you could do much worse than Borsso. We had a fantastic time there and would highly recommend it to anyone!

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Stone Ridge, New York
“Excellent food, creative, service perfect”
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We had lunch there. The tasting mennu was tempting, but after so many good meals in Budapest we couldn't face it. My husband had the fish soup and pasta with amazing mushrooms and rabbit, had the pork terrine and seabream with an amazing zucchini risotto side dish. The waiter suggested approrpiate wines and let us taste a few before we decided which one we wanted. Definitely a place to add to your Budapest list

• Visited January 2013
Lausanne, Switzerland
“Fine dining with great hungarian wines”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Been there for the second time with family.
I would recommand it without any doubt. Welcoming ambiance and fresh seafood!
Wine is a bit expensive but worth it.

• Visited January 2013
Budapest, Hungary
“Special food selection and wines”
Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

The food is excellent. They use special ingredients to produce them. Every food is paired with.wines passing them.
Absolutely Recommended

Huntsville, Texas
“Great Thanksgiving Meal”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I ate at Borsso Bistro on Thanksgiving night. My wife and I were in town for the week. I had dinner there (which was about lunch-time, back home in USA). So I considered this meal my Thanksgiving meal. It was awesome. Paprika rabbit, egg souffle, cucumber salad. Spectacular. I told the waiter than my family and friends were having T-giving meal about the same time back home. He said, "Ah yes, Thanksgiving?! Turkey and ham." I assured him what I was eating was MUCH better.

• Visited November 2012