“Central location in the middle of Budapest”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Location of the Astoria Residence
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
myislandh...
Fort William, United Kingdom
“No idea why this property got such good reviews previously....”
Reviewed October 26, 2013 for a stay in October 2013
person found this review helpful

I will start with the positives:
This property is located in a good position.
The person who met us was very friendly and helpful and as we were delayed in arriving, he was gracious enough to wait for us.
The cost for this apartment was not high but I would spend a little more in future for a better, cleaner apartment.

The negatives:
The inside window was smashed which meant you could hear everything in the hall outside and smell smoke when people from other apartments were smoking out there (see photo)
Our bedlinen had holes in it (see photo)
The toilet was filthy when we arrived and my husband had to clean it
The sink surround is in dire need of repair as it is rotten(see photo)
The handle of the front door and the toilet door are falling off and my husband had to repair twice.
When we arrived there was cutlery on the draining board which hadn't been put away and the draining board itself was very dirty.
The laundry was drying in a tiny little alcove off the kitchen which meant that the towels and bedding were all smelling of food as well as wetness as it was cold and couldn't dry properly thus giving it a mouldy smell.
A couple of days after we arrived, the owner's friend knocked on our door to come in and get the hoover and some bedding for a flat across the way. I found this quite disconcerting. They also arrived before we were due to move out and asked if the next person could come in and look round the apartment (this was before we were due to check out and trying to get all our luggage packed)
Our bedroom had a family of 3 spiders on the roof along with cobwebs.
The shower is for short people and is located right beside the boiler which didn't seem very safe! (see photo)

Information to take into consideration when booking...
There is a lot of discussion on this forum as to the authenticity of the reviews of this place. I just found them tonight as I was trying to find where to post my review and wish I had seen them before I booked.

The apartment, although it is well located is on a very busy main road and the front two rooms are VERY noisy at night. The curtains are very thin so if you are light sensitive you may want to consider this.

It is possibly a step up from a Youth Hostel but I wouldn't recommend it for a family. Even if you were a couple, I would recommend you look elsewhere...

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location
Liked least: The lack of cleanliness
Traveling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Oct 25, 2013
Dear Andy,

I am very sorry that you did not fully enjoy your stay. If you would tell us about the problems in the apartment we would immediately fix everything. We fix the window everytime the guests brake it as it does not happen on purpose and it can happen to everyone that they leave the window open, so we would fix it free of charge of course if you would tell us.

The closet you took the pictures of is not the closet for the guests, we kindly ask the guests to not to open that closet as it is the place where we keep the cleaning equipments, my brother was in a hurry and he did not have time to pack everything properly in that closet, but it is not for the guests but for us, so you have nothing to do with the closet, I don't know why did you open it.

You arrived earlier than you were scheduled to arrive so that's why it was a bit of a hurry if you would tell us that you arrive earlier we could have everything ready by the time you get there. Check out time with us is 11.00 that's the time by when the guests should be packed up however they can store their luggage in the apartment even until the evening. The check in and check out conditions were accepted by you when you booked the apartment.

You arrived just after the high season when we do the maintenance work at the apartment, we had a very busy Summer season with a lot of guests so the apartment needed a bit of work, painting, etc. which we just did after your departure as we do it always in the Autumn, sorry for the paint problems in the apartment too.

When you met my brother at check out you told that you had a very nice time and everything was great! So I am sure these minor problems weren't as bad as you write it here. However we will try to work even harder to satisfy everyone!

Take care and hope to accommodate you next time!

Marton and the Budapesting Team

Reviewed September 27, 2013 for a stay in September 2012

IL USA
Reviewed September 25, 2013 for a stay in May 2012

Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing