“Worth going”

Trattoria Mamma
Ranked #308 of 3,278 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Italian
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have been there twice, both times with friends from abroad. Their Goulash is authentic. :) Staff were nice. The prices are reasonable for the location.

There are newer reviews for Trattoria Mamma

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

I went for a selection of tuna dishes this time and it was pretty good. The steak was soft and juicy, the tartar was tangy, and the tuna salami was actually interesting and delicious.

Service was friendly and efficient, but the prices are a bit high for locals like me.

Ps.: the view was fantastic from the restaurant+

Reviewed September 20, 2013

After getting ripped off in another restaurant near trattoria mama , my husband and I were very pleasantly surprised to enjoy such a nice meal at this charming place.
We checked out the menu earlier in the day and told the waiter we had reservations for the evening . When we arrived, he welcomed us by name and gave us a lovely table.
I ordered a grilled calamari for starter which was excellent over salad . It was very large, really enough for two and I should have asked for dressing side as they are very generous with this.
Buffalo mozzarella and tomato was excellent quality.Both my husband and my pasta dishes were very tasty. My only suggestion would be to remove shell from shrimp in dish.
Wine pour is not large but his suggestion was excellent and fairly priced.
We did not have dessert of coffee as we were too full . All in all, a great place.

Reviewed September 19, 2013

The Sicilian fish soup is excellent and the seafood pizza hits the spot. good friendly staff who are so obliging, we cannot fault the food or service

Reviewed September 16, 2013

It's actually been a few years since my last visit, but never wrote a review... my friends are going to Budapest soon, so I decided to finally write it (sorry for the delay!)

I went to this restaurant about 5-6 times on my last visits.
I went solo, enjoyed great service and seating (not always the case when you go and eat alone somewhere!)
I went with my partner and we had terrific food and good times. We also loved the wine and the appetizers. Again, the same great service with a smile.
We went with friends and were treated as old friends!

Great pastas, loved the pizzas...
I loved their pasta carbonara! :-)

Considering the location, this is much more than merely a tourist restaurant, I noticed many locals dining there as well. We enjoyed it and look forward to going back on our next visit to Budapest!