Bell Apartments
  • Breakfast included
Cotton House(Budapest)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewscozy apartmentrooftop terracemetro stationstayed for nightsgaborcitydryer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Bell Hostel is excellent. It's very secure which we found important coz there were a few homeless around the streets of Budapest. The rooms and facilities are great, very clean, big enough. Only a few rooms on each floor so the shared bathroom is pretty much private. Gabor is lovely and happy to give you any info you need including a map :)

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 5, 2012

We spent 5 days in Budapest. The Hostel lies in a very strategic position for you to visit the most interesting corners of the city. The staff are very friendly persons who are ready to help at any time. Letting yourself be adviced by the kind and amicable hostel manager about when which places to visit is of big advantage. The place is a 2 floor house apartment with several rooms. It's very quiet and cooking on your own is possible on the kitchens placed on each floor. Our room was good iluminated and had everything we needed, confortable beds, closet, night tables and some electrical outlets. You can use the air-conditioning for a small additional charge, main thing, it really cools you off ! Access to very clean bathrooms at almost anytime is guaranteed by the ones on each floor. Very important for us was that, you can arrange a fair taxi pick-up to and from the airport through the hotel management. Overall a very recommendable place to stay in Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2012

I visited Budapest on business on 28th July 2012 staying just for weekend. What surprised me was very friendly manner how customers were treated as owners of the hostel sent a taxi to meet me at the airport so I did not have to think about anything. Everything was organized for me!
When I arrived at Bell Hostel & Guesthouse all was wonderful and I can really recommend it to everyone who visits beautiful Budapest. First of all location is impeccable as all main attractions of Hungarian capital are within walking distance – baths, castles and synagogues. Shops, restaurants and metro station are very close too.
Also if you wish to travel to Formula 1 free bus services are very near and you can meet fans also in the hostel.
Quality of rooms is of the highest standard. Beds are wide, bathrooms clean and kitchen facility can provide you with everything you need to prepare quick meal.
You feel like at home as management allow you to feel like at home with being able to live as an ordinary citizen of Budapest and no one can event think that you are guest when you meet neighbours.
Thank you so much for this opportunity to stay!

Agris Lauzinieks

Room Tip: Call Mr. Egressy on +36308626727.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This is a small hostel on the two top floors in an apartment building. I think this hostel suits travelers who are looking for a central location to stay in Budapest. The hostel itself is very quiet, mainly I would guess because of the consideration of the ordinary residents that also live in the building.

Some noise from the street can be heard throughout the day and night. The building is situated at a big street with quite a lot of traffic passing through, which also has trams that operate on a tight schedule around the clock. I could hear the trams when I was lying in my bed, but I had no problem to sleep anyway.

The hostel is easy to reach from the airport with the public transportation network. One bus and one metro line gets you to the Nyugati metro station, which also is the location of the train station for national and international train connections. I checked out the city in google earth before I left my home country, and that made it even easier to find the location of the Bell Hostel.

The staff was very nice, friendly, cheerful, welcoming and helpful. It was a pleasure to arrive and get all this attention and help with tips of what to see and where to find it. The very nice woman that received me took her time to help me without any rush at all. I have stayed in hostels all over the world, and I do not think that I have ever felt welcomed to this degree anywhere else. It was a really good start on my four nights stay at the hostel.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 4, 2012

Stayed here after a conference at the Corinthia. This is a gem of a place. I had a room facing the central courtyard, so the room was quiet. Friendly and helpful. Brilliant value for money. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing inner courtyard are quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo