“They charge my credit card with aditional amount without my permission!”

Expo Congress Hotel
Ranked #90 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We were in the hotel one night from 3rd to 4th of January. I pay the room when we check in. When I check my credit card I noticed that they charged me additional 3.52EUR, the amount is small, but I'm not happy, when someone use my bank details without my permission!

The room was OK, but SPA is more than awful. Too dirty and jacuzzi looks like it was broken long time ago...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank nad_tab
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear nad_tab!

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review on your recent experience at our hotel. I'm sorry to read about your disappointment we might occured.

Please note that the charge on your credit card was done due to the outstanding minibar consumption left after your departure. For your kind attention this information that we might charge your credit card after your departure is highlighted on the registration card.

Should you wish to discuss this issue with me personally, please contact me at
reception@expohotel.hu
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We use this hotel for our clients many times in year time. Always good service, nice stuff, clean and very well smelling rooms, good breakfast buffet. No problems at all. Good for families, couples, it is romantic and the wellness on roof - great view, jacussi, sauna...very nice too. Good value for money.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Lenka M
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Dear Lenka M!

It is great to read your positive comments posted on Tripadvisor public website about the Expo Congress Hotel.
It is very motivating to read your kind compliments regarding to our service. We are glad to know that your clients choosing us from time to time.

We are looking forward to the fruitfull coopration in the new year!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed here for 4 nights and overall I was very happy.

Summary of plus points: Recently renovated; clean; polite staff; English speaking staff; very good value for money; WiFi included in room price; reliable WiFi; excellent shower; Air Con; quiet; fitness suite; breakfast included; everything worked!

Summary of bad points: Non central location without good transport links (I was aware of this and it presented no problem for me, but this is to help other travelers..) Equally the entrance to the car park is much higher than the road, so there is a pretty big bump to get over in and out - low or long cars would not be happy.

Worth mentioning that I had a problem with the shower (it wasn't draining properly) so I informed the main desk, and they fixed it before I got back that evening - very happy.

Breakfast was OK, nothing special but if you want bread/cereal/cheese/meat etc you'll be happy. For me I prefer fresh fruit in the morning, and what was on offer seemed to be tinned or cooked, with a few fresh apples etc.

Overall, as long as location isn't key this is an ideal hotel, I'd definitely recommend and use it again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Rosie W!

Thank you very much for your recent stay and kind review. We are pleased to know that you were satisfied with our services. We are delighted to read your kind comments regarding to our reception staff.
We hope that we have the privilege to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed only one night, because we were on our trip to IKEA, which is very very close. Great service, staff speaks english perfectly, they are very polite. You can use SPA on the roof of hotel free, it is included in room price. Standard room with double bed is a bit small, but functional. Breakfast is great. Their buffet is amazing. Overall nice hotel, but if you are in Budapest for sightseeing, location is not that convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Runaway_C

Dear Runaway_C!

We are glad to know that you have enjoyed the stay with us.
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your detailed feedback about the Expo Congress Hotel, such like the buffet or the SPA.
We are looking forward to welcome you back again.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Beautiful rooms. Very good breakfast. Nice view. Friendly staff.
We had a very early check out and the staff had done breakfast to take it with us.
The only negatives I found:
5-10 minutes from the metro station but nice walk among the trees.
It has a beautiful bar at the roof whith excellent view but it was closed the 4 days we were there.
We made some tea and te girls who cleans the room never took the rubbish we did and never replaced the dirty tea cups.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Dear Kougis!

We are really peased to read your review wiritten as a senior Tripadvisor user.
It is very motivating to read your kind compliments in regards to our service, besides of the negative things. We are going to examinate your case according to the room cleaning.
We hope we will have the chance to have you soon as our guest in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

We stayed here during Fridge festival in superior double room 49EUR with optional late checkout (25eur). Rooms are very comfortable but double room is with two single beds put together. Breakfast was very good, continental style. Dinner was pretty bar, in empty restaurant we ordered a beef steak and mangulica steak and waited very long and the taste was not very good.

Spa center was partially working during our stay

All in all we would stay again but definitely eat somewhere else

Room Tip: Superior room on higher floor because of the view
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Dear Luka J!

Thank you very much for your recent stay and review. We are very pleased to read that you ejoyed the rooms and the atmosphere of the Expo Congress Hotel. We do hope that if you choose the Expo Brasserie again you will find something more tasty on the new menu.
Thank you very much again for your constructive feedback regarding the restaurant service promptness!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in November. Me & my Girlfriend were tired when we checked-in arround 10pm, and we just wanted to have our room. I booked with double bed and I asked (because the hotel website says...) towels, bathrobes and slippers for the spa. When we entered in our room suddenly I have noticed that missed my requests... After we had to wait so long to get an other room with double bed. But of course it was the same! They put two single beds together... Ridiculous. Breakfast was okay, but nothing special. We didn't have sugar & salt on our table. We couldn't use the spa finally because it was not working during the day, just only mornings & evenings. We were completly satisfied only with the Sky Bar on 12. floor. Great view & we had excellent service! So the hotel is okay but not 4 stars at all...

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2013

Dear Inter04!

We appreciate your feedback which you recently posted on the Tripadvisor.

It seems that we did not deliver the level of service which you expected from our hotel and we do apologize for that. Please be assured that we hold an official inquiry to avoid any similar situations in the future. Thank you also for highlighting our satisfying services like the Sky Bar.

We do hope we will have opportunity to welcome you again in the Expo Congress Hotel.

Bobák Gergely