“very good value for money”

Expo Congress Hotel
Ranked #105 of 334 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I stayed in this hotel with my family for one night.I have booked a triple superior room with breakfast through the hotel's website,they hold the credit card number as guarantee and you pay at the reception either cash or credit.The room was spacious ,very clean and the beds very comfy.You can order diner to your room with cheap prices e.g. goulash soup 990HUF ,
the shower was the best.Breakfast with big variety coffee machine with great capuccino.Parking was included at room price.Free Wi Fi! in rooms the code is in your key card!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2013

Dear ioanna c,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and the detailed review about the Expo Congress Hotel!
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the restaurant services and the room aminities as well.
Our aim to achieve high customer satisfaction.
Thank you again your kind comments and we hope that you will recommend us to other travellers.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights. Don't like the vent system or AC in the rooms, it looks like you can have people climbing through them and looking in because they are so open inside the room.
On the day of check out, we walked out to our car and realize that someone broke in. They are pros, they picked our lock at the drivers side and stole our GPS system that was hidden in the car and opened our trunk and stole our luggage with personal belongings. Even taking the time to gather all the clothing that were in the trunk. (We had a luggage that was in our trunk with clothing that we were not using and a small carry on luggage inside the big luggage)We are sure that who ever picks the locks has a lot of time to do that and clean everything up because they even pulled our trunk cover back and made it look like nothing was wrong. Per the police, its not the first time this happened in that area. Their security guard claims he watches the parking lot, but I doubt it, because each time we came to the hotel he was always inside sitting hanging out and makes us suspicious of him. Hotel in a horrible location, in a dark place.( unsafe to walk at night) They only have a security camera at the entrance so if you park your car just a bit away from the front entrance it wont be seen on camera. Would not recommend! The best thing about this hotel was the front desk manager Gergely who was very helpful and sympathetic.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Lana V,

Thank you for your honest feedback regarding your stay at the Expo Congress Hotel.

We were concerned, to learn that you were not fully satisfied with your room. According
to the unfortunate breaking offense, as you mentioned the car was appeared intact, therefore it did not grabbed the attention of the security guard. Obviously we provide all assistance for the local police department in this case! Like we asked for the police at a given moment you wished.
We would like to inform you as it stays in the guest directory, your valuables should be deposited in the safe. The Expo Congress Hotel can not be responsible for valuables not deposited in the safe at the reception, available for you free of charge.

We hope that the investigation will be successful and you will receive soon the official files for the insurance company. Our goal is to ensure that each one of our guests leaves with a feeling of satisfaction from their visit, we failed to meet your expectations and for that we do apologize.

We believe that you will choose to stay with us again whenever your travels take you to Budapest.
Be assured that we will try our best to retrieve your reliance.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

First what I liked: My room was spacious and well equipped with en-suite toilet/shower, Flat-TV (Hungarian, English, Italian and German channels), Minibar, aircon as well as good connection to free W-LAN. Everything clean and bed was quite small but comfy.

Now the dislikes: Hotel was full of senior coach tourists and there was no free table for dinner. Unfortunately, the next restaurant is about 1km away - and it is "just" a Burger King. The bar on the top of the hotel building would have been an alternative - but it was closed at around 7:30pm... In the morning the other quests occupied the restaurant for breakfast again, so I grab a croissant and went back to my room. I'm aware that large tourist groups tend to take their meals all together - but in a 4-star hotel I expect that their is anyway a table available for other guests.

Room Tip: try to avoid rooms near the elevator
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Facchinettix
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Facchinettix,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and your general impression of our Hotel.
Our aim to gain high levels of customer satisfaction, obviously we failed to meet your expectations and for that we do apologize. Our staff is consdering guest comments carefully.
We hope your next visit at Budapest you will choose the Expo Congress Hotel to stay and see how the restaurant and the staff has improved.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Can only recommend this hotel, with free and working! wifi everywhere in the hotel, very friendly staff, perfect rooms, tv reception excellent gym, spa, sauna free. I didn't move from the hotel in ten days as it was cold and unfriendly outside. Buffet breakfast excellent, enough to feed you for the whole day. Service good and unobtrusive, room was cleaned fast and good. I wish I could live there forever!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
ExpoCongress2009, Front Office Manager at Expo Congress Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Dear Judith G,

It makes us really proud to read the praising review on Tripadvisor.com !
Great to hear that you had a memorable stay with us,
also for mentioning our staff kindness, and our complimentary services.
Thank you again for rating our Hotel as a fantastic place to stay
Looking forward to your next visit at the Expo Congress Hotel.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Needed somewhere to stay after a couple of hot grim nights on a campsite for the grand prix and chose this because it had air con, flat big car parks for our camper van and a decent price and rating. It's a four star and is very well presented, excellent air con in and out of rooms, the rooms are quite dark but more than adequate, well decorated and clean. View from our windows was amazing too and the view from the spa and sky car is unbelievable. Service friendly and breakfast good and plentiful. Got a fab rate on it of just forty four euro including breakfast too. Quite far from the city centre but that didn't matter too much to us. Would stay again

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear crackers123,

We highly appreciated your generous feedback according to your last stay with us.
It is also great to hear that you had a ejoyed the spectacular view in our Spa and fittness area.
We hope for the next Grand Prix season we will have the chance to wellcome you again in the Expo Congres Hotel.

Best regards,

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in 2012, attending a travel fair. Room size was pretty good, it has a restaurant having good options. Hotel is slightly expensive but it is very convenient if you are attending any fair nearby at the exhibition centre.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Dear amandeep,

Thank you for sharing your positive comment about the Hotel and the Restaurant as well!
Also nice for mentioning the closeness of the Hungexpo Budapest Fair Centre.
I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Expo Congress Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had the bad surprise to wake up in my room in the morning, and to find out that my phone and my wallet were stolen. A key card who wasn´t mine was used by another customer to enter my room while I was asleep... and this card was given by... THE RECEPTIONIST himself !!! Actually the robber just asked my room number, said he lost it, and they gave him mine with no question. What if he was a murderer ? Their excuse ? They are not allowed to ask an ID to their customers. Are you kidding me ???
Of course, they didn´t give me any compensation, and I spent my whole day at the police station to report the incident.

I was amazed by the lack of energy from the staff and the director of the hotel. I had the feeling I bothered them. Like no one cares... Even the receptionist who was involved. Not sorry at all...

No news from them anymore. Thanks for ruining my life !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business