“Good Food but a Little Disappointing”
Review of Cafe Bouchon

Cafe Bouchon
Ranked #37 of 3,299 Restaurants in Budapest
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Terézváros
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Having seen the reviews on TA perhaps our expectations were too high. Everything about the restaurant was 'fine', but not exceptional. Service was adequate but not personal. My main course of beef tenderloin strips with gnocchi was tasty and a full portion. I thought the wines were over-priced.

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Looked on Tripadvisor where to go for our last meal in Budapest and saw this one! It was an easy walk of our hotel so wouldn't be too bad if we couldn't get a table as did mention about reservations.

When we arrived we were asked if we had a reservation, so immediately my heart sank as it looked as though we wouldn't get a table but NO we were offered a choice of 3!

We choose our meals and decided that this being our last night, we would have the works, 3 courses! I started off by having the grape salad which was really fresh and tasted awesome, that I could have eaten that all night! My main meal was the turkey breast which was really nice and not too overpowering with the portions. For desert I had a choice of 3 ice creams which was really good as well.

The meal was really excellent and couldn't be faulted and the hosts were really good . The restaurant itself is really nice and has a good atmosphere about it and so made our night out really enjoyable. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who is going to Budapest and wants a good , inexpensive meal and great service!

2  Thank Margo P
Reviewed April 16, 2014

Thank you TripAdvisor and all who have reviewed this restaurant.
This was the best meal of my 5 day trip to Budapest.
We were a party of 4 travel weary women looking for delicious food in
the area of our appartment. (next to the Opera House)
I picked Cafe Bouchon based purely on the TA reviews.
The restaurant is beautiful, the waitors are professional and helpful,
the food is refined and delicious, and the local wine list is superb.
This would be a great date night restaurant. (ambiance aplenty)
And they welcomed us without a reservation and close to closing time.
Don't miss out on this one!

2  Thank hbjanet
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Family of four arrived without a reservation and were welcomed without a problem. The staff are attentive and knowledgable and were happy to guide us through the menu.
We wanted a real taste of Hungary and feel that we really got it here. The food was wonderfully prepared and accompanied by some great local wine.
The restaurant felt very homely with an understated elegance, perfect after a long day exploring this wonderful city.
Around £80 for all drinks, food including desert and Tokai/grappa to finish was excellent value. We'll certainly go back on our next visit.

2  Thank JohnNorthamptonshire
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

Staff very accommodating and service spot on. Quaint with a rustic and relaxed atmosphere. Really enjoyed the great selection of food, written in many languages. "The Hungarian wine is a must to try".