“Highly recommend”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Terézváros
Reviewed March 30, 2014

A recommendation by the hotel we were staying in. The resturant was lovely, staff very attentive but not over the top but most importantly the food was great. If we had been staying in Budapest longer we would have visited a 2nd time. Definitely worth booking ahead or you might not get in.

2  Thank HollyDays-2

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We went to this restaurant as our special night out while on a mixed business and pleasure trip to Budapest in mid March.

Overall I felt the restaurant to be good value, very good food, reasonable price. Atmosphere pleasant.

If I have a complaint, it is that you need a magnifying glass to read the wine list. But the wines are very good, with a hguge choice.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

What a lovely restaurant in Budapest. They offered a mix of international and Hungarian dishes and went out of their way to welcome our family of 4, offering to prepare something special for our two young children. The food and atmosphere were both lovely!

2  Thank GoBengals
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Visited cafe Bouchon on the 11th March. Excellent restaurant, staff very friendly and welcoming, recommends wine, and explains menu. I was undecided which main to have, waiter told me if could choose 3 mains and have smaller potions, this was excellent service. The food was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Diane103
Reviewed March 10, 2014

If you read no further, it was AMAZING! Go to this restaurant. Don't bother wasting time searching any longer. Its a winner!
Absolute moment - Before I write this review that we had the pleasure of meeting the author of the review "Best Restaurant in Budapest" Michael and his wife whom were dining in for a second time on their week long stay in Budapest... We actually had seen his review briefly before deciding on going to Cafe Bouchon as it was the latest review posted. The world can be tiny place can't it?
As we were walking to the restaurant we were walking past a lot of dinky wee restaurants and eateries that looked very modern, rustic and enticing; it crossed our minds that we may have chosen prematurely standing out the front of Cafe Bouchon. It turns out those thoughts were very ill placed. Moral - trust in Tripadvisor! What we were in for was at its price point some of the best food I've ever had. For a 4 course degustation menu with wine It cost a total including service for two NZD90. Which is a steal by western standards. The level of service was that of a Michelin rated restaurant but for a third of the price. The friendly bloke whom I assume was head of house is super friendly and his knowledge of the menu and how it's made, made the experience so much better. None of that "I need to ask the chef" shenanigans. The goats cheese starter was the best starter I've ever had. Was a delight to taste modern Hungarian cuisine at its finest. Like I said Unbelievable.

3  Thank Ash P