“My favourite”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I like this place!!! Tasty foods, friendly staff, good drinks, soft gipsy music.This restaurant has a really intimate atmosphere. If I have time, I always spend there.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

this restaurant is so lovely ! the staff were outstanding and the customer service was fantastic! i went there last night with a very good friend of mine and the food was delicious, i particularly recommend the Peppersteak!it is an ideal place to have a catch up and enjoy good food. i will be visiting here more often!

1  Thank LupoGee
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Jim and Mary spent 8 nights in Budapest On the Sunday after arriving on the wednesday we found The Rose we had a starter each I had Aubergine cream which was delicious it was puree with a type of horse radish mayo and pickle and salad Jim had a selection of delicacies cold meats and crispy salami,Our Veal goulash was very tender pieces of veal in a creamy sauce the noodles came out in a dome shaped in uk I would say over cooked but in Budapest it went with the dish I had a small Budweiser from Cech brewery and Jim a large one it came to 8,400 for food abd drink about £23.00 with 1.281 service chargewhich was 12% =11961.6 I wish everywhere put a service charge on as we were sick of tipping after 8 nights.The restaurant is very clean and the service is good there was a small band of musicians playing gyspy music entertaining at the time I didn't buy the CD but gave a small tip.

Reviewed July 4, 2012

I really liked this restaurant. I was over from London visiting friends in Budapest and popped in for dinner. Food is fantastic and it is actually a lovely place to go to. All I can say despite the reviews the service is excellent, good music, good menu. I tasted my friend's gulyash and it was delicious! Next time I'm in Hungary I'll have gulyash here!
Well done Rose!

Reviewed June 29, 2012

we visited because it looked great and it was close to our hotel. it was a disappointment and not good value at all. i have just read the reviews and the interesting thing about the terrible comments are i agree. i too had the veal goulash as another reviewer commented on with what was supposed to be pasta noodles - it looked and tasted like sick. i think it was leftover too - there was far too much pasta to goulash ratio as well.

the staff and musicians are constanlty going out for a fag and smell of it when they come back in. i asked for a cafe latte. i actually got a blakc coffee with milk on the side. i queried it but didnt kick off as we couldnt be bothered. when is said it wasnt a latte, he siad it was - i just said oh maybe it is different in hungary. he said yes in a dismissive tone walking away. err - i had loads of lattes whilst i was there and yes a latte is a latte even in Budapest! it was supposed to be an italian restaurant as well.

voilinists are good but i dont like them coming over to your table - we were trying to talk.

i would give this a miss - we didnt enjoy the food at all and it wasnt cheap! i think it is interesting that people think the restaurant are writing their own reviews - there could be some mileage in this - it wasnt busy when we were there - we were the only ones in there........

2  Thank globetrottersuk100