“Nice hotel”
Review of Centrooms House

Centrooms House
Ranked #28 of 191 Budapest B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

+ Very nice staff,rooms are also good.It was easy to find a hotel,nothing difficult,next door to Burger King.15-20 min to the city center.The heating was good and it wasn't noisy.
- We stayed there for 3 nights,but they haven't changed towels.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Centrooms House

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Great location and value. We stayed in a large party and everyone was happy with the stay there. The staff were very helpful and relaxed. The courtyard area was a great area to relax, chat and have a few beers in the sunshine. The rooms were bigger than expected and recently decorated. There was a lot of redecoration and building work at the time of our stay but we did not mind.

The location was great, being by the metro and next to burger king and on a main road made the hotel easy to remember even though it is quite hidden away. It is only a short walk from plenty of great bars. Be sure to ask for a slip from reception with the hotel address details on as most taxi drivers we found hadn't heard of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Located 10 minutes walk from Keleti Palyaudvar Station, the rooms are above a busy square containing a metro station, shopping centre, mcdonalds and burger king. Booked through laterooms, the room was very good value for money. The immediate area is not very nice, however it is minutes away from lots via the metro (and you can also get a bus outside which takes you to Gelert Spa). It has 24 hour reception and the staff were very helpful and knowledgable booking activities over the phone for us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I was in this hous one night. The receptionist was really nice, and the place for this money it was totally ok. Our room was very big and comfortable. It was renovated and, the furniture was new and modern. In the bathroom was hair dryer and towels with good quality. Only the bedding has not so good quality (it was nt so new). I can just offer this place for everyone.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I have to admit: I did not stay in this hotel, but I wanted to say something incredibly positively about the staff. This is what happened:I was planning a cheap one night stay in Budapest. I booked( for the first time in my life) a flight with a cheap airline cheap. I also didn't want to stay in a super expensive hotel, as my trip in Budapest was meant to be very short, I knew I will not stay in a hotel to much. Anyway, I wanted something decent and modest. I loved the hotels pictures and I decided to stay there. I have to say it was extremely cheap! It was an option without the free cancellation. Five minutes after booking the hotel, I found that the airline canceled my flight and that I can forget about flying to Budapest. So I wanted to, of course, to cancel the hotel too... I couldn't do it via the website, because it wanted to charge me, according to the rules of cancellation, so i decided to write to the hotel and after explaining them what happened, they decided not to charge me! I was very happy about it. I think its a great option for ones who want to budget, but also need some privacy, style and a great location.

I am planning to go to Budapest soon and for sure want to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: I think they are all great. Very modest, minimalistic, but tastefully done!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I stayed here whilst the renovations of the hotel were taking place. Despite the noise in the morning, we enjoyed our stay at the hotel. It certainly has potential. The courtyard when you get to the first floor of the building will be a lovely area to sit, once the renovations are complete. The room was clean and had all the things we needed in it (hot shower, ensuite bathroom, comfy beds, etc.). The hotel staff were friendly and helped us in any way that they could like suggesting things to do and getting us extra towels. The location is great as it is only a fifteen minute walk to the main train station of Budapest and a fifteen minute walk to the waterfront.

I will say that the television stations are all in Hungarian (not a problem for me, but some travelers are very attached to their tv) and the little balcony off our room seemed to store the air conditioning generator, which was a little bit annoying.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2013

ever, remember, do not ever stay at this hotel. the worst hotel that i saw ever. breakfast? - please don't touch it. 4,5 euro for nothing. no aircondition at all or not working aircondition. no chairs, no cupboard. very noisy, even when windows placed into backyard because there is building construction inside (which is started at 7a.m.) and very heavy traffic outside (there are very-very old windows that won't help). problems with the shower. never clean the room (looks like there wasn't any cleanup before our check-in), except recycle bin. the photos of the rooms on this site does not correspond to the real situation! personnel is friendly, but do nothing, just always promises.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple