“A splendid evening in Regös Vendéglö és Falatozó”
Review of Regos Restaurant

Regos Restaurant
Ranked #135 of 3,299 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: European, Hungarian, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: We serve the atmosphere of the 70's and our cuisine enlivens the traditional Hungarian flavors in a familiar, friendly environment. Our room can accommodate up to 60 people. We are proud of the release of a praise in The New York Times published by an incognito journalist.We are also organizing events, weddings and birthdays. With our delicious food, plenty of choice of drinks and good prices we welcome all our guests. We offer a south menu every 12 to 15 o'clock with a choice of meals, 2-course 1.100.-Ft, 3-course 1.500.-Ft
Reviewed January 3, 2012

We experienced a warm welcome by the owner. The servant was very polite and advised us to make our choice from the extended menu. Both the food and the wine were of a high quality.
Whenever you are in Budapest: go there !

1  Thank Johan B

Reviewed January 1, 2012

After a google search for an authentic Hungarian restaurant, I stumbled upon the website for Regos Vendeglo. Although it was a bit difficult to find, once we arrived the slight struggle was definitely worth it. The ambience of the location was great with a cozy cellar atmosphere. The waiter was attentive and friendly and promptly adressed us when we were ready to order.

The food was absolutely amazing, typically Hungarian to the core which is what we were looking for. I had the Paprikas Csirkes Nukedli which was absolutely amazing. My family all had different orders and everyone enjoyed their food a lot.

Lastly the desserts were amazing as well, I had a turos gombos and we all shared a dios palascinta. They were both made to perfection.

Overall, we really enjoyed our experience and can't wait to take our friends to the restaurant!

Reviewed October 12, 2011

Our walking tour guide had suggested that we avoid restaurants in the main tourist area, so we used Trip Advisor to find somewhere outside it. We would never have found this place otherwise; and even armed with the address it was not easy. We persisted in our search, and were glad we did.
On the evening we visited we were almost the only customers in the little cellar restaurant, which is a shame, as authentic Hungarian dishes (and wine) flowed from the kitchen to our table, aided by our friendly host, and a good time was had by all.
The speed of delivery, and the length of the menu, made us doubt whether all the food was freshly cooked - but most of it tasted pretty good anyway - and the price was certainly very reasonable.

Reviewed August 1, 2011

Hard to find, but worth looking for! This restaurant serves traditional Hungarian food. Everything is very well prepared (even if I personally think that the Hungarians overdo their spendid ingredients). The wines are excellent, too, and I think I had my best espresso during my stay in Budapest. 30% off if you have the Budepest card. However, they do not accept any credit cards!

1  Thank fitzbenedict
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The best oriental food since I make visit to Budapest !!! It is recommended !
I. Sher Fekete