1,559 results
All reviews nice hotel margaret island parliament building metro station recommend this hotel superior room mini bar minute walk tea and coffee public transport reception staff city break breakfast room rooms are small side street beautiful city breakfast included
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Good location for all sightseeing. Hotel staff are very nice and polite and helpful and hotel very clean and well equipped. Room can get a little too hot in winter and window needs to be opened at night, but soon got used to this. Breakfast was fine to start the day. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Centrally located in north part of Pest, near to trams, trains and buses. (And also the new shopping center West End). Hotel is only 2.5 years old and appears as brand new. Our upgraded superior-room was spacious, but two armchairs or a sofa was expected. Well equipped with equipment for making coffee, but where was the coffeepowder??
Breakfast was good with fresh fruit and even eggs/sausages.
Receptionstaff were friendly and serviceminded but I think you have to pay extra for a smile or a "good morning" from staff in breakfastroom ? (we did not pay and did not get any).
There was a thermostat and a working fan, but the temperature never changed (out of order)? Terrible hot - in January!!

Room Tip: We paid 20 euro extra/night to upgrade from std room to superior - we found this worth the money
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 1, 2012

Great location, close to the Nyugati train station and tram/metro stops. Most of the city can be explored by foot anyway. Our room was rather small, but with a spacious and very clean bathroom. Good bed as well. The room however was very warm - we had turned the heating off, but still had to sleep with the windows open (in November!). We had a room facing the atrium patio so it was very quiet anyway. Staff was helpful and spoke good English. Breakfast was ok; buffet with lots of choice. Very good quality price ratio, would go back again!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 29, 2011

Great hotel! Stayed here several days on business. The rooms were modern and nicely decorated, and being just off the main avenue on a side street, it was relatively quiet, but less than a ten minute walk the Nyugati railway station and all the other mass transit options. (Including the M3 metro) There's a huge shopping mall near the train station which turned out to be convenient a couple times during my stay. The neighborhood felt reasonably safe, and I believe this is the closest hotel to the train station OTHER than the Hilton located in the shopping mall. Saved enough money that made the walk of an extra block totally worth while.

They serve a full breakfast including eggs, sausage and all the typical European options. Everyone I spoke with at the front desk had an excellent command of English and they were helpful with any/everything I needed during my stay, including booking a reputable taxi back to the airport. (I think I paid a bit more than had I negotiated that for myself, but at least I knew the price going in and felt comfortable with that! - This can apparently get dicey in Budapest.)

Lobby was pretty smokey, especially around the bar, but I didn't really notice that up in my room. Seems there will be new non-smoking rules come January, so that may be a moot point in any case.

I would definitely stay here again should the opportunity arise.

Room Tip: I was on the street which resulted in a bit more noise. Perhaps an inside room would be better.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I have now been in Hungary for the last two years teaching and when I have come to Budapest from Nyiregyhaza, find the Marmara Hotel perfect for what I need. The rooms are very comfortable, breakfasts are wonderful and the personel are most courteous. The hotel is centrally located and just right for me since I come in by train. Would recommend to anyone.

Room Tip: Just an all around excellent hotel. Nothing to say but good things. Certainly not a high end hotel nor are the prices. Just a good, clean, comfortable hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo