1,560 results
All reviews nice hotel margaret island parliament building metro station recommend this hotel superior room mini bar minute walk tea and coffee public transport reception staff city break breakfast room rooms are small side street beautiful city breakfast included
Reviewed August 31, 2011

This was a very nice hotel - great location, close to all attractions, shops, public transport and Nyugaty Railway Station.
Many of the attractions were within walking distance as the hotel is quite central.
There are lots of coffeehouses and little restaurants around and also money exchange outlets and different other stores and mini-marts.

The room was clean and the oriental theme used thought the hotel by the decorator was quite interesting.
We had some problems with the air conditioning though - it made a noise, it blew some air in, but that air was not cool. It was more at the room temperature :)
We called the Reception and they sent someone to fix it pretty fast - the only problem was that the person was a bell-boy and not a tradesman.
He managed to get rid of the noise, but was unable to make the air cooler. He apologized saying that in week-ends they have no tradesmen around.
Usually Budapest is not renown for very hot summers, but this year we had a bit of bad luck and it was above 32 degrees Celsius.
I wish they gave us a different room with a working air conditioning, so I could say that all was perfect - but that was not the case.
As a result, we had to sleep with the window open at night to cool down the room since the air cond did not manage to.

Also the roomy shower space lost some of its charm as the pipes did not evacuate the residual water fast enough. That would not have bothered us much but at certain points the water level rose so much, we had to interrupt the shower for few minutes in order not to flood the room. After 3-4 minutes when the level decreased, we continued showering.

The breakfast area was very nice and the breakfast although not of a very large variety, was very good.

It was a bit of an inconvenience to have to go to the lobby to access the free internet, but luckily the lobby had comfortable leather furniture and a nice atmosphere and made up for that disadvantage in a way.
The bar in the lobby served very good coffee and excellent hot chocolate.
The corridors had interesting lighting and soothing music (and were much better air-conditioned than our room).
The staff was very polite. They took messages for us over the phone in very good English.
Altogether we loved this hotel and would love to stay there again.
I believe it's of good value for the money one pays.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I have stayed at the Marmara in Budapest several times. It's a great newer hotel with clean rooms and bathrooms, friendly staff, and very reasonable prices with breakfast buffet included. It's very centrally located near metro, buses, and trams. The Nyugati train station and the West End Shopping Center is a 5 minute walk from the hotel and there are several restaurants, cafes, and shops in the area. The hotel is just off a major avenue with lots going on and is about a 15 minute walk to the Danube. There is a kettle for hot water in the room and coffee cups but no coffee or tea... you can purchase coffee and tea at the front desk; something I've never come across before and wasn't too impressed with. Although the Marmara is generally a very nice hotel, I was again disappointed with their beds as they are very hard and uncomfortable and this time I could actually feel the springs poking my back and side. As a result, I did not sleep well all night. When I mentioned this the next day at the reception desk, the receptionist admitted that they have had several other complaints about the beds. Since a comfortable bed is pretty important when choosing a hotel (at least it is for me), next time I may spend a little bit more and choose another hotel where I know the beds are super comfortable. The other gripe I have at the Marmara is their coffee at breakfast. It must be a cost issue for them, but I have yet to meet anyone who likes coffee that comes out of a machine where you push a button instead of real fresh coffee in the morning. The breakfast buffet is good, nothing special...but there's no fresh coffee. Again, speaking for myself, uncomfortable beds and no fresh coffee will make me go elsewhere next time I'm booking a hotel in Budapest.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2011

A simple modern Budapest town-house style high rise building, but walk in and it is like a middle eastern jem, the hall ways are carpeted with music playing softly 24-7, The rooms are designed to every little detail with gold weaves of designs. Shower and bathroom are very well equipped and the bed made me feel as if i did not want to leave the hotel!!!!!!!!

Would 100% recommend staying here. The only let down was the breakfast which was lacking choice and a lack of juices on offer. Would go back when in Budapest. Parking is available and staff do try and help. Top choice for Budapest.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We were booked into this hotel by GoAheadTours. It was excellent. The room was small but clean, well furnished, and comfortable; breakfast was good in a pleasant skylit room; and the English speaking front desk staff was very helpful. The hotel is in an excellent location for exploring Budapest by foot and is also convenient to the subway. Beautiful, friendly hotel in a beautiful, friendly city. Wish I could go back soon and stay longer!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SeattleMomplustwo
Reviewed July 28, 2011

They could charge double and I'll pay delighted. The location, staff, room, breakfast and other services are exceptional.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple