“Great Break”

Ranked #79 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
essex
“Great Break”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed at Hotel Bristol on a 3nt deal with Travelzoo. We arrived early and although we werent officially able to checkin for a couple of hours reception had our room ready within 10-15 mins , which we were very grateful ! Room not overly big but had all we needed, i had earlier requested tea/coffee making facilities for our room which had been done. It was very clean in both the bedroom and bathroom, could have done with larger towels but not a problem. I had emailed ahead of our visit to request a quiet room, unfortunately this was not the case and found it very noisy at night (room 203) and didnt really have one decent night sleep this was due to the location of the room! Breakfast had a good selection of hot and cold buffett so something for most tastes. The location is definately a good 20 -25 min walk to the centre which we did walk each day, although there is plenty of public transport if your not up to the walk. We ate in a restaurant called Ba Bar which is just round the corner and had fantastic food at a resonable price. The bar prices within the hotel are far more expensive than if you just walk round the corner. All in all a lovely hotel and would definately recommend !!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear "robertoswedding",

We are delighted that you posted such a nice review concerning your stay at the Boutique Hotel Bristol****. It is a pleasure to read that you had a memorable stay here.

Next time if you find your room too noisy please do not hesitate to contact the reception desk and they will gladly provide you a more quiet room upon availability.

We are glad that you would recommend us and we are looking forward to seeing you in the hotel in the near future again!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stopped at hotel Bristol for two nights at the beginning of March 2013. Got it on a Mightdeals package and wasn't disappointed. Lovely welcome, very friendly and helpful. Straight forward check-in. Room was of an excellent size with lovely clean bathroom. Only down fall was two single beds & two single duvets for a couple. We made do. Inclusive breakfast was lovely, good wide selection of cold & hot food. Great location, just far enough out for a good 20min walk to the river and shops. 5min walk in other direction to central station. Room price reflects accordingly on normal rates although got it much cheaper on a deal - bargain! Well worth a stop if in Budapest.

Room Tip: Choose one off the side road where hotel is located.
Dear "TheKiwi1985"

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your stay in Budapest, at Boutique Hotel Bristol****.

Your kind and detailed comments have already been shared with the staff and we are all happy that you were satisfied with our services and had a memorable stay here.

Best regards,

Yateley, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed here from the 2nd to the 6th March. Easy to find and very clean. The staff were all very pleasant and could not do enough for us although if you want extra pillows get in early as there was a shortage when we wanted some! Breakfast was a good selection of hot and cold food on a buffet style self service. We can certainly recomment Rosenthals resturant which is only a 5 minute walk away. We paid £26 for 2 single course meals with drinks with excellent service. There are various ways to get to the hotel from the airport, we took the airport transfer service that was available in the terminal. It cost us approx £26 for the 2 of us on a return basis. It would have been cheaper by train/bus but a lot more mucking about. If you are going for the museums please note that most of them are closed on Mondays. We also booked the hop on hop off bus for the first time but to be honest you see a lot more by walking. For a great view go to the citadel when it gets dark and see the lights of Budapest from a great vantage point. Lovely clean city.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear "Chalexuk",

Let me thank you for your valuable time taken to share your experiences with the travelling community and for recommending our hotel on TripAdvisor.
I am delighted to see that our hotel could live up to all expectations.

Your generous comment is highly appreciated and we hope to see you soon again!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Stayed for three nights 2nd March onwards. Check in quick and easy. Room was a good size and we asked for tea-making facilities and they were delivered quickly. All staff, reception and breakfast were polite and helpful. Reception offered advice, booked tickets, cabs and restaurants. We went to the baths and they loaned us towels for a refundable deposit. All in all a great weekend.

Dear "Rick B",

Herewith let me take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for your generous feedback. I am so glad that you had a great experience at our hotel.
Let me thank you again for recommending us to the travelling community and I truly hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you soon again!

oxfordshire
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

My husband, myself & two friends stayed at the lovely Hotel Bristol from 22/02/13 until 25/03/13.

We stayed in room 112, which was quite a large modern room that had a balcony that overlooked the courtyard which has now been converted into the breakfast room.

The hotel is only about three years old and was fitted and decorated to a very high standard, and is kept spotlessly clean by its excellent housekeeping staff.

The hotel provides an excellent breakfast which includes a selection of hot food including sausage, bacon, eggs, beans and hash browns plus a plentiful selection of cheeses, cold cuts, cereal, yogurts, fruit etc.

This excellent, hotel is situated about a 15/20 minute easy walk from the city centre but take my advise and use the hop on/off buses for sightseeing as you can pick up the hop on/off bus across the road outside the Grand Hotel Hungaria.

Budapest is actually two cities, Buda & Pest and they are divided by the river Danube therefore if you try to cover all the attractions on foot you will be exhausted and foot sore. A days ticket costs 5,000 huffs which is approximately £15.00 but includes the second day free and a boat trip on the Danube.

My top tip in Budapest is if you want to see inside the beautiful opera house without paying for an expensive guided tour, do as we did and buy the cheapest ticket for the next performance. We paid 500 huffs, about £1.50, yes seriously the opera performances are heavily subsidised and went in 30 minutes prior to opera starting. We had to climb the 119 steps upto the gods but it was well worth doing as the inside of the opera house is spectacular and we were able to look around, take photos and leave before the opera started. (Not opera fans I am afraid).

We found two eateries close to the hotel that we enjoyed. The first one is called the Huszars which serves simple, bistro style, reasonably priced Hungarian food and has excellent live music from two guys playing the violin and the accordion. Our favourite though was a very rustic, cellar style, extremely cheap place called Csulok Csarda that serves large portions of home cooked Hungarian fare. Try the Hungarian red wine, I was extremely skeptical about trying it but it was absolutely delicious.

Budapest is an extremely beautiful city and we all enjoyed it even though it snowed and was a very wet, rainy weekend.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank washy123
Dear "washy123"

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your recent stay at the Boutique Hotel Bristol. I am happy to read that you enjoyed your time here. Thank you for your kind comments. Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in Budapest soon.

Kindest regards,

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 4, 2013

My wife and I had a lovely weekend at the Hotel Bristol, a newly-refurbished, smart, clean and well-run hotel.
So what's to say about this hotel? First of all, it's not in the city centre but around 15-20 mins walk to the main tourist areas. Don't let that put you off; buses run past the hotel if you don't fancy the walk, and are cheap and good. Or you could walk 10 mins to the main station and take the tube.
The hotel is spotless, and the staff first-class; thankfully, they spoke excellent English and not only dealt skilfully with our enquiries, but I watched in the foyer as they helped so many other tourists.
There's no proper bar or restaurant at this hotel, but that shouldn't put you off; you can get a drink at their reception if that's what you want and the breakfast is very good indeed; plenty of eggs, bacon and similar English breakfast items, and the usual continental fare. A bowl of fruit salad would have been nice, fellas. And orange juice rather than orange squash.
The little sauna (free) was a nice touch after a long day walking round Budapest, and the public areas and restaurant very pleasant.
If I had one small niggle it was that our room, 211, was fairly small, and for some odd reason, the double bed had two (thin) single duvets on it. The bathroom, though, was a joy, with a great shower and even a heated floor.
This is a lovely little hotel and its young staff deserve every success.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room. The inner-facing rooms are very quiet
1 Thank MarkTheSpark01
Dear "MarkTheSpark01",

Thank you for taking the time to write a positive review on Tripadvisor about your recent stay at Boutique Hotel Bristol. I am delighted to read that you were satisfied with your room, breakfast and our staff.
I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel in the future.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I booked into this hotel earlier today, on arrival I was disappointed that I could not get either a meal or snack in the hotel as I didn't want to go back out I requested a coffee / tea tray which I understand can be provided free of charge on request. After check in I waited for one and a half hours then went back to the reception to ask how much longer I would be waiting for the tray, the guy on reception seem put out that I was asking again but reassured me I would have it within 10 mins , another hour passed I went to reception yet again only to be told by another gentleman that a try was not available , I told him that I had waited since I checked in for a coffee . He then offered to make me a coffee which would be charged to my room. This is outrageous if the tray was
brought to my room as requested I would not be charged.

This is the first of seven nights I really hope the service improves as I'm am due to return to Budapest several times this year I was hoping this would be where I was going to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Dear "Queenie 3060",

Thank you very much for your time to leave a comment to the TripAdvisor travellers about your recent stay in our hotel.

I regret to learn that our hotel did not meet your expectations in one apect. Let me ensure you about that we are already working hard on solving the mentioned promblems.
I hope that in spite of your mixed experience we will have the opportunity to welcoming you to our Boutique Hotel Bristol**** again, please feel free to contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back to Budapest.