“OK but not great”

The Three Corners Hotel Bristol
Ranked #78 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed January 19, 2013

The 'double room' was really tiny and could only just fit a double bed with not much room around it. No view from the room (or rather we had a view of a wall). Apart from the size, the room and bathroom were very clean and modern. Staff polite and helpful but not friendly (no sense of humour). Breakfast was SPARCE and I struggled to find something to eat. They couldn't even be bothered to cut up the fruit and the daily fruit selection was apples and pears. The location is great for sightseeing and touristy stuff with a very easy commute to pretty much everywhere. Free wifi which is always a bonus. Overall, pleasant place to stay if you can ignore the minor inconveniences.

Room Tip: Although our room had no view whatsoever, it was very quiet so perhaps a good idea if noise is an is...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lpwn76
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear "lpwn76",

First of all let me thank you for taking your time to leave your review about your recent stay.

Thank you for highlighting our central location.
The breakfast is our main service. We always provide wide range of foods (fresh vegetables and friuts, cheeses, cold cats, jam, honey, pommes, different kind of eggs, beans etc.)

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in our hotel soon.

There are newer reviews for The Three Corners Hotel Bristol

Reviewed January 15, 2013

we've just had an amazing time in Budapest in that hotel. strongly recommend the polite, helpful and very professional staff who provided excellent service at all times day and night. breakfast had savoury as well as sweet pastries, all freshly made (I can taste easily when it's fresh, 'm quite fussy...) eggs and bacon were high quality and perfectly cooked! some fruit available although no fruit salad. the rooms were cleaned properly every day and I found nothing to complain about ;-) room kettle and tea bags are available on demand which we ordered, free of charge. Staff very helpful, providing map and happily expalined where things where, as well as safety advice which we were grateful to hear.
Location is very good, walking distance to Szechenyi baths, about 45min,very slow walk. amazing high quality restaurant called Rosenstein only few minutes away. also near Keleti station, so very easy to get around and find the hotel again.
Not noisy when the windows are shut. good insulation of noise from outside and from other rooms
the sauna was very clean and in very good oder,small and causy, can fit 3people laying maybe showers next to it and towels available there.
Would go again to Bristol Boutique Hotel with no hesitation!!!
Kosonom!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Dear "981 Sunshine",

I value your review posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Boutique Hotel Bristol. Your comments are valuable for us and highlight the areas where we need to focus on in order to gain an excellent guest experience. Thank you for the nice words about our staff, breakfast and services. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our Hotel in the very near future.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed December 29, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for three nights in early December on a Travelzoo deal. We had a wonderful time, and I can thoroughly recommend this hotel. The staff are friendly and helpful, the hotel is spotlessly clean, and the room was warm and welcoming. We particularly enjoyed Happy Hour in the bar, after an exhausting day sightseeing. The selection at breakfast was very good, and after reading Tripadvisor we asked for and received tea and coffee making facilities in our room.
All the staff at reception were very helpful organizing our taxi to and from the airport, and after a particularly chilly and tiring day, recommended a lovely reasonable nearby restaurant.
My only problem was of my own making. I forgot to pack slippers and the uncarpeted floor in the bedroom was a little chilly! Oh and Budapest is wonderful.

3  Thank AuntyLin
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear guest,

thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the view and the location of the Hotel. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon at Boutique Hotel Bristol.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed for 3 nights and was really pleased with this hotel. Firstly, the location was excellent; only a short walk from Budapest Keleti which was a short journey on the metro into the city centre and also the main station to travel further afield, which we did as we got the train to Bratislava.

The hotel staff were very friendly and the hotel was very pleasant, particularly the lovely breakfast each morning.

We both thought this hotel was excellent, particulalrly for the price and would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Denzal23

Dear "Denzal 23"

The team at Bouitique Hotel Bristol**** is delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had a really good stay at this hotel. Because I arrived into Budapest from Rome at around 10.45pm, I had arranged for the hotel to send a car to pick me up at the airport. This cost €30 and I didn't mind paying that at that time of the night, instead of getting public transport into a city that I didn't know. If you arrive into the airport earlier in the day, it's very easy to get to the hotel by public transport. You can get a bus from outside the terminal (I can't remember which one, I think it was something like the 20E) which will take you to the Kőbánya-Kispest station, where you can get the metro to Deák Ferenc tér and then change to the red line and go to Blaha Lujza tér or Keleti pályaudvar. The hotel is located between these two stations (probably slightly closer to Keleti pályaudvar, but if you were to get off at Blaha Lujza tér and start walking up Rákóczi tér to the hotel, the time it would take for the train to go to the next stop would mean that it would take just as long to get to the hotel). It's really cheap to travel this way to the hotel, far cheaper than €30 for a taxi or pickup (which is well worth doing late at night). It takes about 1 hour this way. There is a train that goes directly to the airport, but this isn't running at the moment, while Terminal 1 is being rebuilt.

The hotel itself is very comfortable and the staff very helpful and pleasant. I stayed in a double room and was really nice. It had a good sized bathroom and everything was always clean after I came back to my room at the end of the day after the cleaning staff had been there. The breakfasts were very good.

The location of the hotel was about a 20 minute walk from the city centre and the river. I had no problem walking this distance, but some people may find it a little bit far. The fact that it is a little further away is probably reflected in the cost. Though it is not in a particularly attractive area, it is very safe. It's located just off Rákóczi tér, which is one of the main roads through Budapest, so there is always traffic around, which makes you feel safer when if you are walking back to the hotel late at night. The area that the hotel is in, is located right next to the student area in the Jewish quarter, so you have lots of people around, again making you feel more safe.

Overall, this is a good place to stay. I would have no problem recommending it to others. I would stay there again, but would also look at staying a little closer to the centre is possible, when I return to Budapest, which I hope will be soon as it's a great city!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank PWGC

Dear "PWGC",

We are all happy that you enjoyed your recent stay at our hotel and thank you for taking your positive feedback about the hotel and surroundings. We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

I really liked this hotel. It is small and friendly - the staff went out of their way to be helpful. We stayed here for 3 nights on a city break; it isn't an expensive hotel so the rooms aren't plush, but are clean and adequate with either twin or a double bed, a mini bar, bathroom with shower and a tv with some limited English news channels. There are no tea and coffee making facilities. The heating is powerful and easily controlled, which we needed after being outside in minus 6 all day.

Breakfast had a good range of hot and cold buffet food with a coffee machine where you could also help yourself. The hot food could sit in the warmers a long time and so obviously wasn't as good as freshly cooked.

The location is near a metro, but it's easy to walk into the centre of Pest from here and we hardly used public transport. The best thing is the staff, who were very helpful and booked restaurants and a boat trip for us.

I'd stay here again.

Dear "Traveller 55",

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stays at our hotel and thank you for taking the time to provide us with your positive feedback.
We have coffee and tea making facility on request.
We look forward to welcoming you back in our hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Small hotel with helpful and friendly staff.
The room was plenty big enough and lovely and warm (the outside temp was -4c), the bathroom was very clean and contained all necessary amenities for a short stay.
I completely agree with the other reviewer about the tea/coffee making facilities - if it's a free service why not just put it in the room from the outset.
My particular bugbear with hotel rooms is the placement of mirrors in relation to electrical output points and lighting - rarely is the room set up for ease of beautifying with hairdryer/straighteners and make up (bathrooms are not the ideal option for this activity) and this hotel was no exception. The only mirror in the bedroom was a full length one several feet from the power outlet (which was under the desk/dressing table and required contortions to get to) and there was nowhere to sit to do hair and make-up with mirror availability.
I would also say to the reviewer who mentioned the single duvet issue that this is a continental thing and many places do this - it allows for full possession of the duvet rather than having one person hogging the whole double.....! You are hard put in a continental Ikea to find double quilits and covers.
Having got the gripes out of the way I would say this hotel is a well placed budget hotel base from which to view the city - 10 minutes walk to the New York Cafe and just 1 minute to the bus stop where all the hop-on hop-off services stop (which are an ideal way to see the city - tickets for sale in the hotel). A few restaurants locally (withing 3 - 5 minutes walk) were available also.
The breakfast was fine and there was plenty of choice. Bar facilities adequate.
I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Adrienn R, Director of Sales at The Three Corners Hotel Bristol, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Dear "Lulu258"

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate all feedback.
It is a pleasure for all of us to hear that we met your high expectations during your stay in our hotel.
It is truly an honor for me to read that you found our staff, location and cleanliness to be fantastic, I highly appreciate it.

I hope, that we will have the pleasure to welcome you back in Boutique Hotel Bristol****.