“great choice/ a lot of good things here..no negatives”
Review of Maverick Hostel

Maverick Hostel
Reviewed November 14, 2012

This was a pleasant surprise and one of the best/better hostels I have stayed in. This was recommneded by a friend from Budapest.

Located in an older building with nice interior...you have the front door, then a doorman and then card access to the actual hostel.

I can't say enough about the staff (fluent Enligsh) ...extremely friendly and helpful...We stayed in #7, private room for 2. Two nights for two people was 88E. I thought this was reasonable. Wifi available or computers to use, sizeable kitchen and a great location. The guy at the desk-I believe Levente-was funny, friendly and most helpful.

FYI, they only accept Euro or Forinth..no cards.

I would definitely stay here again and it is highly suggested.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank tejashombre

Reviewed November 9, 2012

We had a very good experience staying in this hostel. Very clean, good location, a short walk to Vaci street, subway, restaurants, caffee, etc.
The room is clean, and in each floor you will find a kitchen with all stuff that you need to cook.

there were two inconvenient:
1 - the heating of the shower water happen individually. So if you are in two people one will have a hot shower and the other one will need to wait some time (2 hours) to warm water again.
2 - maybe you will hear everithing that your neighbor does.

I recommend!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2012

The hostel is a 5 min walk from the big shopping street, Váci utca. It is just next to Ferenciek tere metro stop. The hostel is clean and the staff is very helpful. The bed was a little too hard for us, bus since we only stayed for the weekend, it was alright. We had a room with a bathroom which was also very comfortable and clean.
The room looked just like it did on the pictures, meaning you don´t get a surprise when you get there.
I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night with my friend. We booked a double room but we got a lot bigger room that we asked for. The staffs are friendly with a free wifi. There's 10 euro deposit for the keys though. The hotel is right next from the metro behind the bus station ! don't miss it ! and you can actually walk into the city ! not that far.

The hotel is also close to the hop-on hop-off bus and close to the dock to visit budapest at night time !

We really enjoyed our staying at Maverick hotel and will definitely return !

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Best place I stayed in Budapest so far:
+ Very well placed: bus+metro from airport, near main tourist street
+ Friendly stuff
+ Very well equipped kitchen
+ in 50m area 24h shop, few ATM and bubble tea place
+/- deposit key 2000Ft or driving license or something like it
- No air-condition in dorm room (I was that there were in private rooms

If they were serving breakfast free of charge I could even live there

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I have just spent 3 nights here and have had a wonderful time. The staff were friendly and helpful and the location was very central. The rooms were spotless and cleaned every day. It felt more like an apartment than a hostel. If arriving via the main train station I would suggest to take the metro. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We loved the location of this hostel, but a big downside for me were the pillows which were just a few pieces of pillow stuffing. The hostel is in a lovely old building with a lot of European character which came with a lot of bizarre noises during the night. I would recommend this place for short stays but nothing more than 3 nights.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends