“Best hostel in Budapest”
Review of Home Plus Hostel

Home Plus Hostel
Ranked #115 of 666 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have nothing negative to say!! Clean, friendly staff, free dinners, and I met some amazing people.... Was so sad to leave!! If you're traveling alone this is the perfect place to meet people, you won't feel lonely ever

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Viktor N, Manager at Home Plus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 22, 2014

Hey, Thanks : ) It was very nice to have you here! Hope to see you soon! : )

There are newer reviews for Home Plus Hostel

Reviewed May 8, 2014

During my stay at HomePlus I can't think of one bad experience other than having to leave. From start to finish all the staff and volunteers were extremely helpful and attentive to our needs. They helped us plan days out and gave us the best routes on local transport. The hostel itself was clean and the beds more than comfy. They didn't creek at all which was nice as I was on the top bunk! We were provided with breakfast everyday and dinner three times a week! Couldn't believe all this was included considering how cheap it was. Overall I had a brilliant trip to Budapest and it has made me want travel! I now know where I'll be staying whilst in Budapest next time. Thank you!

1  Thank JamesStainsby
Viktor N, Owner at Home Plus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Hey James!

Thanks a lot for the kind words and hope to see you soon :)

Reviewed May 8, 2014

This hostel was the first hostel that we have ever stayed in, and I must admit, it has really set our minds at rest for staying in hostels in the future (even though we heard this is better than most :P) The rooms were really clean and tidy, the beds were surprisingly comfortable, and we had our own locker space for our bags, so we could just leave them for the day with no trouble. The staff were unbelievably helpful, gave us a bunch of different things to do and explore, and sometimes even came with us if they had the day off. The common room was pretty sweet, a cool place to chill out in the early evening after a day of travelling, before getting ready to hit the town in the evening! They provide free breakfast everyday, and also provide traditional Hungarian cuisine on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays! We couldn't believe that this all came in the small cost of the actual hostel itself! The hostel is situated right next to the Danube and Parliament, two of the attractions you will definitely like to explore (so its handy!) The hostel provide some pub crawls around the ruin bars which cost you the equivalent of about £10 .. but unlike most bar crawls you would do in England, they give you free shots which are actually quite generous (and strong!) All in all, it was a fantastic stay, and would 100% recommend this hostel to anybody who goes to visit Budapest. I can certainly say when we go travelling Europe next year, we know where to stay whilst in Budapest!

1  Thank Jamie D

Hey Jamie!

Cheers!

If you really enjoyed our dinner than you should come back sometimes. You would be also invited to one of our cocktail parties on Saturdays ;)

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Having stayed in a few hostels in the UK and in Europe, I honestly think that this is the best hostel I've ever stayed at

The 8-bed mixed dorm I stayed in was clean and cozy, and the beds were solid - not the squeaky, flimsy types that would make you feel like there's an earthquake when someone else climbs onto the top bunk. Unlike some other hostels, the two shower rooms were nice, clean and spacious :) The common area was very cozy too. They also provide a free Hungarian dinner on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday, as well as free breakfast! Meal times were a great time to meet other travellers.

The hostel is located really nearby to trams no. 2, 4 and 6. FYI, tram no.2 follows the river Danube along the Pest side.

Last but not least, a shout out to the very lovely staff who were ever so helpful and friendly, and who brought us to eat amazing ice-cream nearby :)

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo

Hi Isuann!

Nice thoughts, we appreciate your words. Hopefully we meet up next time, either in Kuala Lumpur or in Budapest :)

Cheers,

Reviewed April 29, 2014

Very nice stay here although it was only for one night. We stayed in a four person room and although there were only two of us we were lucky and had it all to ourselves. Great location. Clean building and friendly staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks Chelsea, next time should stay some longger :)

Take care and hopefully see you guys, back!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

I love HomePlus! Such a friendly, relaxed place to be based in Budapest. The staff were all really friendly and obviously all know and love Budapest - they gave great tips about what to see, do, eat and drink. The hostel had a really social feeling - the common room was really cozy, and I spent many hours sharing stories around the big dining table. The free dinners three times a week are awesome for meeting other guests, and often seem to be the start of a great night out. I loved my time at HomePlus and would absolutely recommend it to anyone visiting Budapest (:

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank rosa1107
Viktor N, Manager at Home Plus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Thanks Rosa, It's been wow such lovely to have you here! We wish you nice travels and hope to see you soon! : )

Reviewed March 31, 2014

I had never been to Budapest before and I loved how informative they're and welcoming, The moment I arrived the manager Shari was working and she immediately made me feel at ease she told me to relax have some coffee and set your bag aside.During the check in she was so informative and told me all about the local things to do and what was nearby as well. I enjoyed everyone who worked there it was nice to be able to sit down and talk with everybody and meet new people and hear about their lives and experiences so far on each of their journeys. A big shout out to Dora & Frank who also contributed to a most excellent stay it was nice to talk with them and also chill out and be able to watch a movie or have a few drinks with them as well. Frank ran the Pub Crawls and they were so fun & drunken of course with a combination of some late night Kebabs or McDonald's haha. Dora who worked the front desks most days was great to talk with as she is well versed in many languages and she had a great personality so full of life and always singing a pleasant song she has an amazing voice. I'm happy to say that she is one of the people who convinced me to stay an additional week and ended up helping out the hostel during this time frame which was equally a great experience. I will never forget the hospitality and I will most definitely make a return to this hostel in the future. Much Love goes out to you ladies & gent at Home Plus!! Love you all
Adonis

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Viktor N, Manager at Home Plus Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

So good to hear from you : ) Thanks for these nice words, it was a pleasure to have you here! We miss you : ) See you soon!