“Fantastic!.”

Ranked #98 of 653 Specialty Lodging in Budapest
Sion, Switzerland
“Fantastic!.”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

HomePlus Hostel is fantastic! Nice situation in a safe neighborhood between the Parliament and Margarit Bridge. Andrew will make eveything to make you enjoy Budapest. We stayed there for two nights and he arranged us a program so that we could see the major attractions of the city! And thank to him we discovered some really nice places (bars, restaurants and baths). I recommand this hostel to everyone! Especially if you don't know anything about Buda, Andrew will take care of you, count on it!

1 Thank David W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Como, Italy
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The location is one of the best to visit the town, not in the very inner, but in a quiet and silent area from where you can walk in few minutes in the city center or take a tram. But first off all listen to the Andrew's advices! Rooms are clean, and also parking for the car is ok around.

1 Thank FedeFa187835
London
Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had a great stay at this hostel. On arrival, the owner Andrew greeted me so warmly, and then supplied me with chocolate and went through a map of Budapest with me. The room was clean, the communal area looked like you were in the Bahamas, and the location of the hostel was great; right near the river, and well connected by trams and the metro. The hostel is in this cool, old-style building, with a huge hall downstairs and staircases on either side. It just felt really laid back and like in the name, quite homely.

The service was outstanding, Andrew (and his friend Gabor) were so helpful and curious about your plans, and eager to give advice on how to get the best out of Budapest. It´s not a huge hostel and on a quiet street, so no problems sleeping, but it was so close to all the action too.

There was a small kitchen, living room, and the Bahamas-style waiting area and I met a good bunch of people while staying there.

I´m definitely going back to Budapest (there´s so much to see!) and will stay here. Seriously can´t recommend it highly enough.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Pelocin
Tredegar
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Excellent hostel. Andrew the owner is fantastic, will help you with anything you need. He shows a great interest in who you are and where you`re from, and clearly has a genuine love of Budapest. The hostel is a good place to meet other like minded people, and make friends, or if you prefer to be alone thats also no problem. I stayed 2 nights at the hostel and then went to Croatia for awhile, when i made my way back to Budapest for the last part of my trip I decided to head straight back to Homeplus. I was welcomed back like an old friend!
Andrew - Wales

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank BenjiTredegar
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed October 17, 2012

So my friends and I was staying this past weekend at HomePlus Hostel in Budapest.
The room we stayed in was infested with bedBugs which was very unfortunate.
However, when this has been cleaned up I would highly recommend the hostel since it was in a great location, the owner is really nice, and it was clean.

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed October 3, 2012

I stayed in Budapest for 5 days, in the HomePlus hostel. It is such a nice and warm place to stay in. The location is more then perfect, during my stay I walked to almost everything..right in the center of Budapest near the main attractions. Andrew is a great host, he takes the time to help you get around and to put an itenerary together! I loved my stay there and can recommend it to everyone! Thanks Andrew, and thanks HomePlus hostel for the experience!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Moradinho
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 28, 2012

It's possible to get anywhere in the city pretty quickly from the hostel, and the area is safe late at night. The hostel owner was extremely helpful and gave me a thorough list of places to go and things to do in Budapest. Stay was comfortable, very quiet in the off season (late September).

Room Tip: 4-bed room sometimes smells like cigarette smoke, because the windows open into the courtyard.