“Don't bother going anywhere else”
Review of Marvelosa

Marvelosa
Ranked #71 of 3,108 Restaurants in Budapest
Cuisines: Cafe, European, Eastern European, Central European, Hungarian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: District I / Buda
Dublin, Ireland
“Don't bother going anywhere else”
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant little restaurant with friendly, helpful staff. I came to Hungary for a week but ended up eating here most days. Couldn't recommend it enough.

• Visited August 2013

• Turkish first
Lille, France
“Awesome”
Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

We ate here our first evening in Budapest. It was in the same street as our hotel. And it was amazing. Everything was delicious, the waiter was a sweetheart, the place was quiet and beautiful, like a little salon de thé. We really enjoy the diner. It was inexpensive for all we ate and drinks.

backpacker4life
“Unfriendly but nice setting”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had really unfriendly service and feel I was treated differently than other customers.

My friend and I sat outside and as we were waiting to order, a promotional car came by offering me and another customer a free bottle of a drink. We both went up and took them. I was going to put the bottle in my bag. I certainly would have never drank it at the restaurant! As I walked back, one of the workers shouted 'No, No!' and waved her fingers at us. It was too late so I just put the bottle on the floor but my friend said to put it on the table so it doesn't spill.

When a waiter came up to us, he sternly asked "What's this?!". It was incredibly rude. I put it on the floor again. Later I saw the customer sitting next to us + her friend had 2 bottles that were on the table + they actually drank the bottles while there. The same waiter was serving them + had no problems with them. They were older than us (we were in our 20s and they were in their 40s) and they looked somewhat wealthy.

I just want to stress that I absolutely know people should not drink outside products in a restaurant, I was just going to take it with me when I left.

However, 1) a customer should not be talked to so rudely. 2) It's really unacceptable to treat customers differently like that. To get mad at me for having the drink on the table but be completely fine with the other customers actually drinking (and finishing!) their bottles was incredibly unfair and unprofessional.

Fortunately, I live in Budapest so I've been able to let others know about my experience.

Aside from that, the restaurant's decor is cute. The cake I ate was fresh. The prices aren't great for Budapest, even in a touristy area, but they aren't too bad and I'm sure most tourists would be ok with them.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank backpacker4life
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Friendly staff and good food”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

We went here for a quick bite when we first got to the city and were not disappointed. The food was excellent, the atmosphere very cozy and the staff were friendly with good English.

1 Thank Carl S
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really cozy place!!!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

The ambience was amazing, really cozy!!! The food was very good but a little overpriced!! We enjoyed every minute of it and both the server and owner were very nice.

1 Thank Colivari