“Good restaurant in central budapest”

Porc & Prezli Restaurant
Ranked #100 of 4,168 Restaurants in Budapest
Description: Traditional Hungarian dishes made with high quality ingredients and much love next to the St. Stephen's Basilica.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Made to feel very welcome . Service was quick and efficient and the wines to go with the meal excellent. Standard Hungarian food with live music, what could be better.

Date of visit: December 2019
LeslieP69, Tulajdonos at Porc & Prezli Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear grimj03!

I am happy you felt very welcome and the service was "quick and efficient". I'm also delighted that the meals were excellent and you also liked our wine and the live music.

Kind Regards,

László Pörcz

Write a reviewReviews (1,093)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Looked very nice from the outside, unfortunately when entering I felt “looked down” upon.
Myself and husband regularly visit various restaurants and bars, we also work in the hospitality industry, I didn’t feel welcomed or at ease.
I was extremely disappointed in the food, although presented nicely it all seemed rather tired, uninteresting and lacking pride or any passion. The bread served to the table was stale and no option of butter. I had the beef tenderloin which I felt was overcooked and dry, the whole dish was overpowered by red pepper.
Generally disappointed unfortunately

Dear Elainesmith1!

I do not believe any of my waiters would look down upon anyone.
We do not serve bread with butter. We only serve bread for a few of the dishes that require it but upon request we serve it to anyone. Bread comes every morning from a bakery so it cannot be stale.
I am sorry, our food "lacked pride or any passion".

Best wishes,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Found Porc & Prezli by accident and we were very pleased we did! Helpful and friendly staff serving tasty and authentic Hungarian food! Excellent restaurant with low key live music.

Dear Emmo!

I am more than happy to hear that you had an excellent dining experience at Pörc & Prézli. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our "tasty and authentic" dishes. Furthermore, I couldn’t be happier that you appreciated our helpful and friendly staff. Once again, thank you very much for the full-scored rating and for your generous feedback, I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you again here.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have been there once more and it was great again. Delicious food and great service. We will definetly come again.

Dear Bundesbanzlerin!

Thank you for your amazing feedback! I am more than happy that you returned one more time to my restaurant. Thank you for acknowledging the delicious food. I am very delighted that we could fulfil your expectations. I would like to thank you for highlighting our great and professional staff, they deserve the recognition.
Thank you again for rating us on Tripadvisor. I'm definetly looking forward to seeing you again in the future as you promised:))

Kind regards,

Pörc & Prézli Restaurant

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

By far the best meal we’ve had in Budapest, attentive service, reasonable prices and excellent food, along with an authentic Hungarian atmosphere makes this restaurant a must visit...

Date of visit: January 2020
LeslieP69, Tulajdonos at Porc & Prezli Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Peter!

Thank you for the fantastic feedback you have written about Pörc & Prézli. As owner of the restaurant it really makes me proud. However, it saddens me that despite all the compliments, we didn't deserve 5 stars. We're trying really hard and I guess my staff deserves a recognition, especially when everything seems to be perfect. Never mind, next time we'll try and do better:))

Best wishes,