Open today: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
The best cake selection in Budapest

This cafe was recommended to us by someone who works in Budapest. It certainly has an excellent... read more

Reviewed August 17, 2018
YorkshireHotFeet
Yorks
via mobile
Nice view of the parliament

The raspberry ginger lemonade is a delicious refreshing beverage that you should try. The staff is... read more

Reviewed August 17, 2018
AliceNumber1
via mobile

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Budapest
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 7, 2018

I believe there is a larger chocolate museum in Budapest but this is the one we found. The museum costs a little bit but it's got a nice shop and the molds are fun to look at. We bought some souvenir chocolates here but didn't sample anything in the cafe downstairs. Pleasant to spend a few minutes looking at the intro film and molds.

Reviewed March 28, 2018 via mobile

I came across the chocolate museum accidentally. I have to that was the sweetest accident ever . The chocolate museum is must see place. It’s just incredible and hard to describe with words. I am just gonna say I loved it ☺️

Reviewed February 6, 2018

It's the right museum for chocolate lovers.Here you can taste it, adore it, buy it, learn about it. The coffee shop is downstairs and upstairs is the museum.A short movie introduces you to the secrets of the chocolate. It’s incredible what skillful hands and clever molds can make from a dollop. The Easter egg is decorative, but do not compare it to the other exhibited items, like the crown, with the scepter, or the marzipan chambermaid. Looking at the chocolate boxes, it went through my mind that maybe sometimes the tin was the primary purpose of the purchase. There are different machines, hand tools, molds in several shapes at the exhibition, but the main attractions are the culinary delight, the chocolate As it should have to be.

Reviewed January 22, 2018

After visiting the Parliament House, we've stumbled upon this little coffee shop just right across the square mistaking it for the actual Budapest Chocolate Museum which was the next stop of our itinerary for the day. There's a coffee shop on the ground floor and the chocolate museum and shop upstairs. We've enjoyed visiting the small museum - especially as it certainly made me feel nostalgic about how the bonbons are made and the beautiful tins they used to store them in. I wished now that we saved all those chocolate tins my grandmother used to collect dating back from the 50's! I would have rated our visit 5 Star if not for the rather lukewarm customer service we received at the cafe. Our cappucino was not hot and when we asked for another one, the man behind the counter was not happy to do it again. Special thanks to Anna for wrapping our chocolates very nicely.

Reviewed October 21, 2017

Note: to enter you must go into the restaurant "Szamos Cafe" and go to 2 floor and there it is. :)

In fact, it's deeper, than it seems. There's an interesting story behind this place, it was built by an engineer working in confectionery production, as stated in the introductory word.
So he suggests to enjoy. :) Lot of interesting small details on the choc production and also lot of smaller mechanisms (and quite old).
I also found a few "easter eggs". :) And encourage you to try too.

Adam K, Tulajdonos at Szamos Chocolate Museum, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2017

Let me thank you very much for reviewing our lovely Museum, it means really a lot for us! It is so amazing to read that you loved our exhibition and products.

Thank you once again for taking your time to share your opinions and experiences with us and we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future again!

Best Regards,